Finn, Hux and Sith Trooper

Please, please, make it be that they will be available as hard nodes/cantina nodes. All the chars in the fleet nodes are too p2w to get

Replies

• Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Options
    There's no difference between a fleet node farm and a character hard node farm from a ftp friendly perspective
  • Options
    Emguy wrote: »
    There's no difference between a fleet node farm and a character hard node farm from a ftp friendly perspective

Well, the argument could be made that some of the higher level ship nodes are less accessible to newer players without fully developed fleets.

You can typically punch a little above your weight class on the character nodes by dint of having a high level ally character available to fill that bonus ally Slot in the light and dark side hard nodes - you don’t have that advantage available on the ship nodes.

That may have been what the OP meant?
  • Options
    Please, please, make it be that they will be available as hard nodes/cantina nodes. All the chars in the fleet nodes are too p2w to get

the fleet nodes are the same as normal nodes, they arent p2w. you just need to work on your ships and get them higher. plus all the newer ships make the nodes easier (bossk for example) just invest in your fleet a little bit.
  • Options
    Fleet is p2w.

Please elaborate.
  • Options
    Fleet node farming is exactly the same as energy node farming unless I’m missing somthing, I am confused by this topic.
  • Options
    Hard nodes give you tickets for raids. Fleet nodes don't. If your supply of crystals is limited and you have to choose to spend them only in one place, you will always choose hard nodes. Maybe that's what the op meant.
  • Options
    For those commenting that fleet nodes aren't p2w, the higher nodes are extremly difficult, whereas on hard nodes/cantina, you can pass with a highly geared ally, but on the fleet nodes you can't. For many people, the ships are not even a priority.
  • Options
    For many people, the ships are not even a priority.

Not making something a priority doesn't mean it's P2W. It just means you need to invest time and resources into it.
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »

the fleet nodes are the same as normal nodes, they arent p2w. you just need to work on your ships and get them higher. plus all the newer ships make the nodes easier (bossk for example) just invest in your fleet a little bit.

Yep, just join a good guild and make a few of them allies so you can use their capital ships in your ally slot for when you attack nodes in the fleet campaign and boom, easy. Just like cantina, dark and light side tables!

Fleet nodes are not the same as normal modes, but yes they do require building up fleets. Once I got my Ackbar / Falcon fleet up they were pretty easy to get through though, but it does take a bit.
  • Options
    Fleet is not the same as normal/hard LS/DS nodes for FTP for one reason. Daily tix. If I'm farming a normal/hard LS/DS node then my energy spent and refreshes go directly to daily tix. So if I am farming a ship node for a toon to make it a decent farm I'd have to refresh ship energy once or twice a day, then go to my daily farm and refresh there too. Is it huge? No. Say 100 extra crystals a day, but it is not the exact same for a FTP. Just saying.
  • Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    MntMan wrote: »
    ... Say 100 extra crystals a day, but it is not the exact same for a FTP. Just saying.

FTP don’t spend crystals now?

It’s exactly the same. If you’re farming, you’re spending crystals for refreshes. That’s the same for FTP. If you meant a casual non competitive player, then sure, but nobody listens to those players.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that if I'm farming a LS/DS node I'm spending money on refreshes, but it also covers my daily tix at the same time. So I drop 100 or 200 whatever on extra energy (disregard the node reset for 25 for now) to farm Hux in LS 8E for example. My dailies are done and done. I can go drop some ship energy once and not look back.

Now let's say that Hux is in fleet battle 5E. I drop 200 crystals on some refreshes but no daily tix. I now drop into LS/DS and drop some more crystals to get my dailies in. Again we're not talking a lot of extra crystals spent, but please do not say that it is exactly the same because it is not. This also dismisses the number of free refreshes that fleet energy has vs LS/DS Energy which happens for me at noon and 9 or something like that while ship only refreshes for me at 6. So one less refresh.

Again I'm not talking a huge difference, but a difference exists.
  • Options
    Hard nodes or fleet nodes are going to be basically synonymous for a lot of people. Just keep them out of the Cantina please and thank you, there's already too many **** things I need to farm in there to catch up! I could especially use one or both of the FOs to stay elsewhere...

• TVF
    36609 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    deleted - misunderstood

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I'm confused.

If a player doesn't have all the fleet nodes unlocked and on sim, then it is most likely that these new toons shouldn't be their focus to begin with.

Maybe they should just go to the GEC store and require GET2 for shards.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Every player gets 285 fleet energy free per day, provided they don’t let it fill up or miss the bonus. Even the most expensive nodes can be farmed 14x per day for just the cost of the 75c for refreshing the node twice.

On a Crystal budget, 25c for a single refresh, and then spend the remaining 85 energy on a second node.

For tickets, each player similarly gets 540 free regular + cantina energy daily, so only 50c for a regular energy refresh is needed to get to 600.

If you do your daily activities, you get a minimum of 100c. Therefore even if you get 0 additional crystals, you can afford a regular energy refresh, plus the fleet node refresh, and still be up 25c.
  • Options
    I'm not saying it is prohibitively expensive/different. Someone above said that fleet nodes are the exact same as energy nodes and asked if they were missing something. By all means math away. All I'm saying is they are not the "exact" same. I'm not sure why there is disagreement on this, but by all means continue. Also it would be 150c for two refreshes. It's 75c each. So 150c total. After the first fleet refresh you can hit it again for what 50c the third time or save your quid and hit something else in fleet?

If you go the double refresh route then it's the 150c plus your 50c to get you tix in. 200c total.

If it was in an energy node then you'd spend your 150c for two refreshes and get your tix along with it.

So a difference of 50c. We could go down all kinds of routes for timing of refreshes and more and whittle it down I suppose, but who cares.

For most players it should not be such a difference that it would cause massive grief. I've said in all most comments in this thread it is not a big difference, but it is there.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not saying it is prohibitively expensive/different. Someone above said that fleet nodes are the exact same as energy nodes and asked if they were missing something. By all means math away. All I'm saying is they are not the "exact" same. I'm not sure why there is disagreement on this, but by all means continue. Also it would be 150c for two refreshes. It's 75c each. So 150c total. After the first fleet refresh you can hit it again for what 50c the third time or save your quid and hit something else in fleet?

If you go the double refresh route then it's the 150c plus your 50c to get you tix in. 200c total.

If it was in an energy node then you'd spend your 150c for two refreshes and get your tix along with it.

So a difference of 50c. We could go down all kinds of routes for timing of refreshes and more and whittle it down I suppose, but who cares.

For most players it should not be such a difference that it would cause massive grief. I've said in all most comments in this thread it is not a big difference, but it is there.

Normal energy is 50 crystals for the first three refreshes. So is fleet.

Normal energy is 25 crystals for the first hard node refresh, 50 for the second. So is fleet.

The only difference is that fleet doesn't count towards tickets. But you only need to do a single 50 crystal refresh on normal energy every other day to get 600 tickets. So it's irrelevant to anyone who even tries a little bit to get 600 daily.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I'm confused.

If a player doesn't have all the fleet nodes unlocked and on sim, then it is most likely that these new toons shouldn't be their focus to begin with.

this
    TVF wrote: »

Normal energy is 25 crystals for the first hard node refresh, 50 for the second. So is fleet.

The only difference is that fleet doesn't count towards tickets. But you only need to do a single 50 crystal refresh on normal energy every other day to get 600 tickets. So it's irrelevant to anyone who even tries a little bit to get 600 daily.

and this. same same. I'd much rather have it on fleet if only bc we need cantina for relic mats.
    Also, there's 4 chars so far so they will probably be all over
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Something that needs to be mentioned - fleet energy used to have refresh rate and cost like cantina energy, rather than regular energy. In those days, fleet farms really were more expensive. There are plenty of players who either didn't notice the change, or simply got used to thinking "fleet node = hard farm" and never shook that idea.

But as jkray said, just farm using the 10 fights/day, which has no cost outside the 25 for refresh. If you have more than one farm to do there, throw in one refresh and hit 2 nodes for 10 fights each. It'll take about 3 months, but that's the nature of F2P farming if you don't have a strong income from arenas.
  • Options
    All I'm saying is it's different. I'm not saying prohibitive. You are all also saying it's different too,but for whatever reason want to win the internet and not agree. So you win the internet. It's the exact same thing. EXACTLY. No difference whatsoever. 0=50, up is down, down is up, cats and dogs living together. Mass hysteria.
  • Options
    You're only saying it's different, but OP said it's p2w. We're responding to OP more than we're responding to you.
  • Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    You're only saying it's different, but OP said it's p2w. We're responding to OP more than we're responding to you.

Fair enough but I know TVF has me in his heart when he responds........It's just because he loves me so.

I'd be agreement with you that it's very far from p2w. Maybe if the OP has a lot of other ship fleet toons to farm it may feel that way, but then again they probably have a ton of other stuff to still farm as well and chasing the new shiny when you're that far behind or just starting is a tough strategy to enjoy oneself.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    Which part of this is wrong?

• Options

Is it a riddle? Are you asking a riddle? I love riddles. I'm stumped. How about a hint?
  • Options
    How to 3* fleet battles:

7* HT and Bossk - Gear up. Win. its not exactly p2w
  • Options

That isn't the only difference, free energy is also a difference. 3x free energy refreshes vs 1 free ship energy refresh. So for the same amount of crystals spent daily on each, the total amount of energy to spend would be different. Which for me usually means less crystals, if I'm farming a hard node and I want to refresh the node, I pay 25 for a new set of 5 and 50 for another set and I don't have to spend any on actual energy refresh because of the free energy given through out the day. For the same amount of attempts on a ship node I'd have to spend the 75 to refresh the node as well as an extra 50 minimum to have enough energy to use all the attempts. Granted 50 to 100 crystals for the energy refresh isn't a huge difference, you also cant pretend they are the same. At the end of the day for the same amount of crystals spent you will always have more regular energy than ship, therefore they are not the same.