With GL’s approaching, they must make good on promises

Prev1
Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
edited February 2020
The galactic legends are fast approaching. The requirements are being rolled out over time and a leak shows we basically need so many characters relic level and new characters hard farmed. The event will be permanent but given how OP the kits will be, from today’s post:

“ For example, although health is on this list and can be negatively manipulated through Mastery, this manipulation can’t directly defeat a character by reducing their health below 1.”

We can’t be expected to neglect other farms completely, ignore the GL’s and let other aspects of our rosters fall into oblivion. CG needs to make good on their promises to make it easier to get to G12 so we can still have our rosters filled out to be competitive while also farming for these seemingly game breaking characters. Whales and krakens will get first dibs as expected, but to expect F2P and lower spenders to be completely at a disadvantage for several months due to GL requirement farms in all aspects of their rosters, is asinine.

CG, you guys promised in a Q&A to make the gear grind and progression to G12 easier. We don’t want a 0.5% “solution” and be spoon fed insane logic of how you helped us. That’s not making G12 more obtainable. It’s a joke. We have gear bottle necks from day one of this game that you haven’t relieved even though you’ve added more gear grinds in over time. Make good on your promises and actually be fair for once. Specifically this promise from SEPTEMBER:

“ Once Relics is out in the wild and we begin to see more players spill into progressing through the system, we'll continue to take steps like the recent changes to daily activities, around inflowing lower-tier gear and making it easier for players to get to G12/G13.”

Do the right thing and make good on your promises CG. It hasn’t gotten any easier to achieve G13 much less G12.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    TLDR:
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat you guys promised in September to make G12/G13 easier. Make good on a promise, for once.
  • Options
    A couple things:

1. They first promised to ease the gear grind before releasing g13. When g12 finishers were released, they included 100 of typical gear bottlenecks like kyros and stun guns.
    2. They added the kyro gear bottleneck onto the already existing stun gun, cuff, carbantis, etc. bottleneck. Kyros consume the same resources (energy and crystals) that the other bottlenecks consume, so the addition of kyros made the gear grind much worse. They then eased the kyro grind somewhat with daily rewards, but our situation is still worse than it was before the addition of kyros.

They had 2 chances in the last year to ease the gear grind and instead made it worse. I wouldn’t count on them making the grind significantly easier any time soon.
  • Options
    When has CG not broken a promise?

That’s the real question
  • Options
    A couple things:

1. They first promised to ease the gear grind before releasing g13. When g12 finishers were released, they included 100 of typical gear bottlenecks like kyros and stun guns.
    2. They added the kyro gear bottleneck onto the already existing stun gun, cuff, carbantis, etc. bottleneck. Kyros consume the same resources (energy and crystals) that the other bottlenecks consume, so the addition of kyros made the gear grind much worse. They then eased the kyro grind somewhat with daily rewards, but our situation is still worse than it was before the addition of kyros.

They had 2 chances in the last year to ease the gear grind and instead made it worse. I wouldn’t count on them making the grind significantly easier any time soon.

Precisely, but before all that they never promised to make things better. In the September Q&A they specifically promised to make it easier for players to reach G12/13. They were then called out on following Q&A’s for hiding being “mathematically” making it easier but admitted they didn’t know what we meant by easing the gear grind ( @CG_SvenGG looking at you buddy) and had a long few posts about it. Still nothing. So I think with the upcoming “relic these 20 toons” for two game changing characters they could do what they promised and let us get to G12 easier
  • Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    When has CG not broken a promise?

That’s the real question

There’s been a few times, unfortunately recently none come to mind
  • Ultra
    11551 posts Moderator
    Options
    Didn’t they introduce g12+ gear into fleet nodes after that Q&A?

That is a pretty substantial push in lowering the gear grind
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

How does that make it easier to get to G12 if you don’t mind me asking? G12 finishers don’t necessarily help with the required 200 kyro’s and 100-200 stun gun salavge required to even get to the G12 finisher does it?
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

How does that make it easier to get to G12 if you don’t mind me asking? G12 finishers don’t necessarily help with the required 200 kyro’s and 100-200 stun gun salavge required to even get to the G12 finisher does it?

It does when you're not having to farm everything in the same place.
  • Options
    Kryotechs are the worst thing to happen to this game ever. 2nd was the way they tried to sell it to us.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

So where exactly can turn G12 finishers into stun guns, kyro techs, and mk3 carbs? Don’t forget while they added the G12 finishers to fleet nodes, they also added epic characters and capital ships into the GET store cutting off any farming of gear from there.
  • Options
    “We’re gonna ease the gear grind by adding a new type of gear that will reduce the current bottlenecks.”

Yeah, sure. Except you didn’t reduce the number of stun guns, cuffs, and carbantis needed, while also introducing something literally twice as bad as any of them with kyrotechs (which are also needed for every single G12 finisher).

You can be mean to your players, that’s fine, but don’t do something awful and then tell us it’s gonna be great.
  • Options

So where exactly can turn G12 finishers into stun guns, kyro techs, and mk3 carbs? Don’t forget while they added the G12 finishers to fleet nodes, they also added epic characters and capital ships into the GET store cutting off any farming of gear from there.

Resource management, pick your path.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    I for one, am excited about all the new content along the way, even though I'll be quite late to the real party.
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

That excuse only works so long before even the best resource management (aka hoarding) fails to work and forces spending completely without any other recourse.
  • Options
    Rebmes wrote: »
    I for one, am excited about all the new content along the way, even though I'll be quite late to the real party.

New content? Thats a whole other thread lol. When the content comes it’ll be fun, but without massive spending you won’t be able to enjoy the GL content for months
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

How exactly does resource management get CG to keep their word?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I’d like to see the promises cg made and broke, op
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

Aww, you read the title and then decided to tro...comment. Good for you!
  • Options

Hey it’s ok, my post was a bit long so happy to take a screen shot of the exact quote I cited from the September Q&A. That way he knows exactly what promise was made and broken by the devs. Even though I also provided a TLDR comment immediately after my OP to summarize my point and where I got the promise from.

d7azd5d9xxnm.png

@Gifafi enjoy! Always happy to provide proof of what was said then lost into oblivion over the last 4-5 months.
  • Options
    Actually here’s an ingenious idea to not only create noticeable gear grind relief but also ties in to new content.

Instead of just relic salvage in each or even those gear finishers, why not also add in a unique gear for each assault battle?
    For example in forest moon challenge tier 1 awards the current list and 25 stun gun salavge. Tier 2 the same current rewards and another 25 stun gun salavge. It appears once a month so it would make for an extra stun gun per month. Not ground breaking but a noticeable gear relief. Then for other tiers a different gear piece like military might gives stun guns. Places of power carbantis. An extra gear piece of each major gear bottleneck per month would go insanely far for players without breaking the economy. This would also push for gearing factions specified for these events too. Hmmmm
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

Hey it’s ok, my post was a bit long so happy to take a screen shot of the exact quote I cited from the September Q&A. That way he knows exactly what promise was made and broken by the devs. Even though I also provided a TLDR comment immediately after my OP to summarize my point and where I got the promise from.

d7azd5d9xxnm.png

@Gifafi enjoy! Always happy to provide proof of what was said then lost into oblivion over the last 4-5 months.

Sorry, where’s the lie? They didn’t provide a concrete timeline, I assume on purpose for threads like these. When is that quote from?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Rebmes wrote: »

New content? Thats a whole other thread lol. When the content comes it’ll be fun, but without massive spending you won’t be able to enjoy the GL content for months

For the legend requirements... by the time you get them just by farming, a new "event" will come about.
  • Options
    They promised to increase the inflow of lower tier gear to make progression to G12/G13 easier, once people started getting the hang of relics. They said this on September 5 in the September Q&A. That was 5 months ago. People have the hang of relics. The increase of inflow of lower tier gear to make it easier to achieve G12/G13 has not happened. Especially getting to G12 more than anything

I think this may be the point. Who knows whats CGs opinion of "people started getting hang of relics".
    Obviously not the same as ours :D
  • Options

It's your choice what to buy in GET store. When you go to the store for bologna, don't get mad when steak is on sale too.
  • Options
    "CCyrilS wrote:
    It's your choice what to buy in GET store. When you go to the store for bologna, don't get mad when steak is on sale too.

What a terrible analogy!
  • Options
    Talifer wrote: »
    "CCyrilS wrote:

What a terrible analogy!

He wants what's in the store. But he doesn't buy because he also wants something else there. It's a choice. Is the gear he wants really unobtainable, or is it just a hard decision because he wants something else more?

• Options
    "CCyrilS wrote:

What a terrible analogy!

He wants what's in the store. But he doesn't buy because he also wants something else there. It's a choice. Is the gear he wants really unobtainable, or is it just a hard decision because he wants something else more?

So two meta characters requiring 140k GET1 to 7* and two meta cap ships requiring 178,200 GET2 to unlock and 7*. Characters you need in order to compete in squad arena, TB, GAC. TW and raids. Capital ships you need to compete fleet arena, TB, TW and when ships apply, GAC.
    Capital ships and meta characters, who required mass farms of several (15 for GAC alone), only to require another farm mind you, use a currency that was a main source for all players to get highly required gear. So that takes away a gear farming source while adding more gear reqs to even simply try to participate in GL’s?
    Interesting strategy defending CG’s universally panned decision to make new capital ships and EC characters, GET farms.
  • Options
    "CCyrilS wrote:

What a terrible analogy!

How exactly does resource management get CG to keep their word?
  • Options

Also your analogy is off. Stun guns, G12 finishers, carbs, stun cuffs, golden components, etc. are not “bologna”. They to are different fine forms of elegant cuisine. Rack of lamb, pork chops, different kinds of steak, etc.
    Using your...analogy, it’s like going to the butcher shop for pork chops and being told, no buy this over priced steak otherwise you can’t leave and go to the movies later, go home, drive your car or even sleep in your own bed without some form of issue.

Yeah this analogy with the butcher is just...odd. Don’t do it again lmao