HT for Raddus?

Prev13
What is the logic behind this? Oh yeah, every fleet requires HT and we don't have enough base ships to support the capitol ships we have... So we need this weird mish mash of ships because they can't be bothered to create regular ships. We need more ships. Not capitol ships. Just regular ships. Fleet is such a wasted game mode.

Replies

• Options
    That would be awesome to have to farm a new marquee ship for this as well. Brilliant idea.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    They could have been releasing them for a year now. How long ago did TLJ come out? Ok then.
  • Options
    Yes, we need more ships, but we do also need more capital ships, otherwise new ships will be useless.

And yes, they could and should have been releasing ships for the last two years, but we all know that they haven't actually cared about ships since they were released.

Also, whenever you want to ask "does this even make sense?" remember that you are a person playing a game where you direct a fictional character to play another game in a fictional cantina in a fictional galaxy on a fictional planet. It doesn't really have to make sense.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    bc there are 3 res ships? HT will probably make it easier so it seems like a good thing
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    What is the logic behind this? Oh yeah, every fleet requires HT and we don't have enough base ships to support the capitol ships we have... So we need this weird mish mash of ships because they can't be bothered to create regular ships. We need more ships. Not capitol ships. Just regular ships. Fleet is such a wasted game mode.

Honestly, I'm fine with this. They're requiring GOOD ships that most people already have along with some that not necessarily has worked on rather than making us farm a bunch of things we don't want, have, or worked on. I've done nothing with Poe's X-Wing, but I've got a maxed HT, Ebon Hawk, etc... I'd rather have HT as a requirement rather than a new Resistance character + ship to farm, gear, and all. This was a reasonable move on their part.

My only wish is that we could better understand how the tiers work. It reads as though you can continually do the 4* tier to get 10 shards each time until you get 7*. I assume it locks after you've acquired a certain amount of shards (80 at 4*, 145 at 5*, etc) and is based completely on the shards rather than the star level, as you could bypass that easily.
  • Options
    While it may not make a lot of sense in terms of canon, what other tank ships in the game make any more sense? Chances are the event is going to be tuned to require a proper tank to eat some hits, and there just aren't that many to choose from. And basically none that make sense in terms of a resistance fleet. At least a large swath of the game population has, or is farming, HT already. I certainly prefer it over something like the Y Wing since it will require no effort.
  • Options
    Instead of spending time coming up with something that actually made some sense, they took a bunch of random ships and said use these. Not actually that suprising because its CG.
  • Options
    Mitch08 wrote: »
    Instead of spending time coming up with something that actually made some sense, they took a bunch of random ships and said use these. Not actually that suprising because its CG.

Look, CG is bad. I get it. But what should they have done, short of adding more ships months ago? Would you rather have to BUY a bunch of marquee ships for this?
  • Options
    So Ebon Hawk or Ashoka dont raise questons?)
    Espesially Ebon Hawk. There is no ship which is further from Resistanse in time...
  • Options

Honestly, I'm fine with this. They're requiring GOOD ships that most people already have along with some that not necessarily has worked on rather than making us farm a bunch of things we don't want, have, or worked on. I've done nothing with Poe's X-Wing, but I've got a maxed HT, Ebon Hawk, etc... I'd rather have HT as a requirement rather than a new Resistance character + ship to farm, gear, and all. This was a reasonable move on their part.

My only wish is that we could better understand how the tiers work. It reads as though you can continually do the 4* tier to get 10 shards each time until you get 7*. I assume it locks after you've acquired a certain amount of shards (80 at 4*, 145 at 5*, etc) and is based completely on the shards rather than the star level, as you could bypass that easily.

I understand there will be 4 tiers, like a marquee. Each tier gives enough shards for 1*. Complete tier 4 and you will have enough shards for the 4* unlock.

Once that is done, a new tier opens which is repeatable each time the events returns. Completing it earns you 10 shards each time.

They haven’t specified but I’d expect it’s like the old fleet mastery events - the first play each time is free, then you can refresh it for crystals.
  • Options
    Ratinira wrote: »
    Espesially Ebon Hawk. There is no ship which is further from Resistanse in time...

I'm guessing Ebon Hawk is one of the least farmed ships in the game so this is CG's way of forcing you to farm something you really don't want :/
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Look, CG is bad. I get it. But what should they have done, short of adding more ships months ago? Would you rather have to BUY a bunch of marquee ships for this?

Planning ahead is something any good company would do. The raddus isn't even from the most recent movie.

They are using ships from completely different eras. As far back as the old republic.

Every time they release something for the game I fall more and more under the impression that they have no idea what they are doing and don't know star wars.
  • Options

Planning ahead is something any good company would do. The raddus isn't even from the most recent movie.

They are using ships from completely different eras. As far back as the old republic.

Every time they release something for the game I fall more and more under the impression that they have no idea what they are doing and don't know star wars.

Yes, but we know CG is not a good company. I already acknowledged this. And so what if Raddus isn't from the most recent movie?

And yes, they actually explicitly said they were using ships from different eras on purpose. And no, they don't really know what they're doing, but that doesn't mean they don't know Star Wars. I'm pretty confident they are quite familiar with Star Wars.
  • Options
    Looks at relic Bossk, g12 young Lando and L3, and g12 Carth/relic T3, along with 7 starred respective ships

I dunno, I think I’m cool with it.
  • Options
    GerTarrant wrote: »

I'm guessing Ebon Hawk is one of the least farmed ships in the game so this is CG's way of forcing you to farm something you really don't want :/

Marauder and Assassin are waiting for their turn for FO ship, I presume...
  • Options
    Why does it have to make sense canon wise?

All it has to be is run under the guise of that challenge guy dude going “hey I’ve created a new challenge for you that involves a great admiral. I’ll only let you use certain ships though to prove to me your tactical genius” or some random rubbish.

• Mitch08
    303 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

Yes, but we know CG is not a good company. I already acknowledged this. And so what if Raddus isn't from the most recent movie?

And yes, they actually explicitly said they were using ships from different eras on purpose. And no, they don't really know what they're doing, but that doesn't mean they don't know Star Wars. I'm pretty confident they are quite familiar with Star Wars.

So they aren't a good company.

The raddus isn't from the most recent movie meaning they had years to figure this out and do something that made sense.

I'm aware of what they said, which is why im saying it makes no sense and they need to actually think and plan things out.
  • Options
    [
    And yes, they actually explicitly said they were using ships from different eras on purpose.

And the purpose was...?
    Hmmm...
  • Jarvind
    3928 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    [
    And yes, they actually explicitly said they were using ships from different eras on purpose.

And the purpose was...?
    Hmmm...

sh3tkcjhceh5.png

Either get the ship or don’t, the requirements aren’t going to change because you don’t like them.
  • Options

The raddus isn't from the most recent movie meaning they had years to figure this out and do something that made sense.

I'm aware of what they said, which is why im saying it makes no sense and they need to actually think and plan things out.

So which Resistance Capital ship from TROS should they release instead?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    Admiral Raduss lead the scariff attack. But its too easy for f2p to get it if rebels count...

CG seems to prepare to close...
  • Options
    Why are you complaining? HT is a must have ship ... they went with a popular choice and a great ship ... and still complaining ... seriously people ... this sounds like a good event for once
  • Options
    Sweet I have all these ships 7* except ebon hawk is 6*. Should be set for this event
  • Options
    Way to look a gift horse in the mouth.

HT is a single hard node farm that practically everyone's done. Meanwhile I'm sure a lot of folks have a long farm ahead of them for Lando's Falcon.

But really, none of the ships for this event are a hard pull.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Uchinni wrote: »
    Admiral Raduss lead the scariff attack. But its too easy for f2p to get it if rebels count...

CG seems to prepare to close...

This ship will likely be based off TLJ when Holdo commanded it. Who it is named after doesn't matter.

Also, it was used by the resistance, but the resistance faction only has 3 ships. (Yes they could've released ships earlier). If those 3 ships were the only requirements, the event would likely require high relics to make it difficult as the Raddus is almost guaranteed to be needed for the new Rey.

Instead, it seems they are using 4 other ships, 2 of which most people should have (Hounds Tooth and Ahsoka's ship). Ebon Hawk is a quality ship and a lot of people also have that up as well from what I've seen.

All that leaves is Lando's falcon, which again a lot of people have from what I have seen.

Granted, we don't know how difficult this event is and if relic pilots are needed, but I think the requirements are more fair than a lot of others we have seen based on the limited info we have.

The going from 4* to 7* getting 10-20 shards a month sucks and that is likely the biggest wall for the cap ships to be used for the GL event.
  • Options
    I don't have Ebon Hawk unlocked, but that's my fault since it's been out for a long time. None of these required ships are new, so this seems like fairly painless requirements for a new capital ship. That being said, given the relative ease to unlock, I assume this won't be anywhere near the current meta... lol.
  • Options

So which Resistance Capital ship from TROS should they release instead?

Who said that they should do one from TROS?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    rey's falcon seems the worst to me, who farmed that terrible ship?
  • Options
    I farm every character and ship in the game. Always amazes me when people pass on doing the same.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I farm every character and ship in the game. Always amazes me when people pass on doing the same.

resource management. there's no reason to farm a bad ship. until there is lol