Update on Make Good for Recent Outage

Replies

  • They are hoping we forget
  • They dont have the best record at identifying everyone impacted and issuing a fix... if you recall malaak refunds that's a good example of what I'm talking about.

    If you didnt make the initial list for compensation then the most likely outcome no rewards. It makes no sense for them to roll out compensarion in phases. It's obvious to me what happened compensation went out and u didnt get any. So it's one of 3 scenarios.

    1) you got rewards already and clicked through it not realizing it.
    2) you were not impacted enough for them to put you in the list for compensation.
    3) you were impacted enough to make the list but their list was incomplete.

    What I'm trying to explain is even if its #3, I really doubt they are going to do a recount of who was inpacted. Pretty much u have a better chance and rolling a +25 speed secondary than them doing a recount and re issuing compensation because they missed a handful of accounts.
  • They dont have the best record at identifying everyone impacted and issuing a fix... if you recall malaak refunds that's a good example of what I'm talking about.

    If you didnt make the initial list for compensation then the most likely outcome no rewards. It makes no sense for them to roll out compensarion in phases. It's obvious to me what happened compensation went out and u didnt get any. So it's one of 3 scenarios.

    1) you got rewards already and clicked through it not realizing it.
    2) you were not impacted enough for them to put you in the list for compensation.
    3) you were impacted enough to make the list but their list was incomplete.

    What I'm trying to explain is even if its #3, I really doubt they are going to do a recount of who was inpacted. Pretty much u have a better chance and rolling a +25 speed secondary than them doing a recount and re issuing compensation because they missed a handful of accounts.

    I’m in the position to believe that absolutely nobody impacted received compensation. We have seen zero proof
  • ashhammy wrote: »
    They dont have the best record at identifying everyone impacted and issuing a fix... if you recall malaak refunds that's a good example of what I'm talking about.

    If you didnt make the initial list for compensation then the most likely outcome no rewards. It makes no sense for them to roll out compensarion in phases. It's obvious to me what happened compensation went out and u didnt get any. So it's one of 3 scenarios.

    1) you got rewards already and clicked through it not realizing it.
    2) you were not impacted enough for them to put you in the list for compensation.
    3) you were impacted enough to make the list but their list was incomplete.

    What I'm trying to explain is even if its #3, I really doubt they are going to do a recount of who was inpacted. Pretty much u have a better chance and rolling a +25 speed secondary than them doing a recount and re issuing compensation because they missed a handful of accounts.

    I’m in the position to believe that absolutely nobody impacted received compensation. We have seen zero proof

    how many times does the screenshot need to be shared that shows someone receiving their compensation? A forum poster claims to have gotten it, and provided a screenshot. If you want to claim they are a liar and faked evidence then ok, but you cannot say we have not been shown anything.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • ashhammy wrote: »
    They dont have the best record at identifying everyone impacted and issuing a fix... if you recall malaak refunds that's a good example of what I'm talking about.

    If you didnt make the initial list for compensation then the most likely outcome no rewards. It makes no sense for them to roll out compensarion in phases. It's obvious to me what happened compensation went out and u didnt get any. So it's one of 3 scenarios.

    1) you got rewards already and clicked through it not realizing it.
    2) you were not impacted enough for them to put you in the list for compensation.
    3) you were impacted enough to make the list but their list was incomplete.

    What I'm trying to explain is even if its #3, I really doubt they are going to do a recount of who was inpacted. Pretty much u have a better chance and rolling a +25 speed secondary than them doing a recount and re issuing compensation because they missed a handful of accounts.

    I’m in the position to believe that absolutely nobody impacted received compensation. We have seen zero proof

    how many times does the screenshot need to be shared that shows someone receiving their compensation? A forum poster claims to have gotten it, and provided a screenshot. If you want to claim they are a liar and faked evidence then ok, but you cannot say we have not been shown anything.

    So one single person shows a **** of wording, with no rewards shown, out of the hundreds affected. And you automatically assume it’s legit. Wow
  • ashhammy wrote: »
    ashhammy wrote: »
    They dont have the best record at identifying everyone impacted and issuing a fix... if you recall malaak refunds that's a good example of what I'm talking about.

    If you didnt make the initial list for compensation then the most likely outcome no rewards. It makes no sense for them to roll out compensarion in phases. It's obvious to me what happened compensation went out and u didnt get any. So it's one of 3 scenarios.

    1) you got rewards already and clicked through it not realizing it.
    2) you were not impacted enough for them to put you in the list for compensation.
    3) you were impacted enough to make the list but their list was incomplete.

    What I'm trying to explain is even if its #3, I really doubt they are going to do a recount of who was inpacted. Pretty much u have a better chance and rolling a +25 speed secondary than them doing a recount and re issuing compensation because they missed a handful of accounts.

    I’m in the position to believe that absolutely nobody impacted received compensation. We have seen zero proof

    how many times does the screenshot need to be shared that shows someone receiving their compensation? A forum poster claims to have gotten it, and provided a screenshot. If you want to claim they are a liar and faked evidence then ok, but you cannot say we have not been shown anything.

    So one single person shows a **** of wording, with no rewards shown, out of the hundreds affected. And you automatically assume it’s legit. Wow

    Well, I see 1 user say they got the rewards and 5 say they have not, out of the entire forum. Being fully honest, I believe it is equally likely that the screenshot is fake or the users who claim to have not gotten it collected and forgot or were not affected. In this case, I am going with the screenshot as it is the only shred of evidence given, even if it isn't concrete evidence.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • ashhammy wrote: »
    ashhammy wrote: »
    They dont have the best record at identifying everyone impacted and issuing a fix... if you recall malaak refunds that's a good example of what I'm talking about.

    If you didnt make the initial list for compensation then the most likely outcome no rewards. It makes no sense for them to roll out compensarion in phases. It's obvious to me what happened compensation went out and u didnt get any. So it's one of 3 scenarios.

    1) you got rewards already and clicked through it not realizing it.
    2) you were not impacted enough for them to put you in the list for compensation.
    3) you were impacted enough to make the list but their list was incomplete.

    What I'm trying to explain is even if its #3, I really doubt they are going to do a recount of who was inpacted. Pretty much u have a better chance and rolling a +25 speed secondary than them doing a recount and re issuing compensation because they missed a handful of accounts.

    I’m in the position to believe that absolutely nobody impacted received compensation. We have seen zero proof

    how many times does the screenshot need to be shared that shows someone receiving their compensation? A forum poster claims to have gotten it, and provided a screenshot. If you want to claim they are a liar and faked evidence then ok, but you cannot say we have not been shown anything.

    So one single person shows a **** of wording, with no rewards shown, out of the hundreds affected. And you automatically assume it’s legit. Wow

    Well, I see 1 user say they got the rewards and 5 say they have not, out of the entire forum. Being fully honest, I believe it is equally likely that the screenshot is fake or the users who claim to have not gotten it collected and forgot or were not affected. In this case, I am going with the screenshot as it is the only shred of evidence given, even if it isn't concrete evidence.

    So you want screenshots of him on our discord saying still can’t login...cause it happened for a 3 day period...you can say the guy who posted an image of words was trolling to well troll. But for the few that have kept up with posting saying they didn’t get rewards are the trolls? Clearly when someone doesn’t get what is said to be given you raise a stink. If you were owed 1500 crystals and didn’t get them wouldn’t you constantly go to the only source you have...which is the forums? I mean think about what you said. You’ll believe a 1 time image that doesn’t actually show anything over guys who are constantly on the forum just asking for an answer. Whether they are due the rewards or not CG should know there are some out there that if rewards were given they didn’t get theirs.

  • ashhammy: two of my guild-mates received compensation which is why I am hopeful that a resolution is forthcoming for those affected but as of yet compensated.
  • Zanth wrote: »
    ashhammy: two of my guild-mates received compensation which is why I am hopeful that a resolution is forthcoming for those affected but as of yet compensated.

    I hope so. But it is looking unlikely. And CG isn’t saying a word
  • It would be nice if CG posted something that either said one of two things: 1) We've completed dispersing all the compensation and if you didn't not receive any then we determined you weren't affected or 2) We have not yet completed delivering compensation to all those affected. Any update would be nice. It's been a week since their last note on this topic at least.

    My theory from the beginning - because this affected our ability to join GAC the most - was that these make goods wouldn't arrive until the end of GAC. I'd like to believe that we're on a priority list, but just not at the top and they are working their way down through the Raddus and other pieces of content for the wider community... and then we'll see something hit our inboxes after the high priority stuff is done. We'll see. I'd just like a quick post or update from them telling us what the deal is... even if it's that they are done handing out the make goods and if we didn't get one already, we're not getting one.
  • Mbaren
    43 posts Member
    edited February 13
    I hope your theory is correct, but I rather doubt it. There's really no technical reason I can think of that they'd only have rolled out the compensation to some people, and they'd be waiting on others. No, I think their process failed to identify some of us, and they seem to be ignoring this fact. Seems like an awfully poor business strategy to alienate paying customers, but there you go.
  • ashhammy wrote: »
    They dont have the best record at identifying everyone impacted and issuing a fix... if you recall malaak refunds that's a good example of what I'm talking about.

    If you didnt make the initial list for compensation then the most likely outcome no rewards. It makes no sense for them to roll out compensarion in phases. It's obvious to me what happened compensation went out and u didnt get any. So it's one of 3 scenarios.

    1) you got rewards already and clicked through it not realizing it.
    2) you were not impacted enough for them to put you in the list for compensation.
    3) you were impacted enough to make the list but their list was incomplete.

    What I'm trying to explain is even if its #3, I really doubt they are going to do a recount of who was inpacted. Pretty much u have a better chance and rolling a +25 speed secondary than them doing a recount and re issuing compensation because they missed a handful of accounts.

    I’m in the position to believe that absolutely nobody impacted received compensation. We have seen zero proof

    Zero proof? Several have said they got rewards. Some in my guild got rewards but dont trust me there are others saying the same thing look...
    Zanth wrote: »
    ashhammy: two of my guild-mates received compensation which is why I am hopeful that a resolution is forthcoming for those affected but as of yet compensated.

    Cg said they distributed rewards.

    People said they received rewards.

    If we are going to start calling out people for proof we shouldnt start with requesting proof CG did what they said they did and that people got what people said they got (compensation). Let's not assume the masses are lying players have no reason to say they got compensation when they didnt.

    Calling out people for proof should start with requesting proof that people who claim they couldnt log in for several days during that time. This proof could have been captured if any of the 49 other guildmates took a screen shot of your account on guild screen where it shows the last login time which should be 2 or 3 days ago (back when this bug was still live).

    Even if some players post proof they couldnt log in the most likely outcome is that CG messed up and didnt flag 100% of those effected. The govt let a guy with coronavirus go in usa because he wasn't flagged as having it. This kind of stuff happens all the time.
  • You can’t quote two different days worth of people talking...when he had originally started all we had were people saying the image of someone showing writing saying they received it. No one said oh I got mine also...in fact only people said I didn’t. We have since seen guys say their guild mates had gotten. But again that was different days. And it’s frustrating to hear from people saying the guys who have been complaining for 20 days need to provide proof. What you want our discord screenshots? Or the ticket he had to open that told him to uninstall and reinstall to fix it?! We have been pinging these threads in hope CG would see and realize. And please don’t bring in a worldwide impacting event to try and help your point about a video game.
  • CG never said they distributed the make good, I don’t believe. If they did, can someone please link to that post? Until CG does say they’ve completed distribution or have sent out the make good I’ll continue to operare as if they didn’t.

    Also until someone who actually got the make good posts on the forum saying they got the make good with an actual screenshot of the make good then I’ll continue to act like CG hasn’t done what they promised.
  • I definitely still haven’t seen any compensation as is the situation with multiple other people in the complaint forum on EA. I was able to log on a few times while the outage was occurring via my old phone which barely worked which may have been a reason I was not compensated. I hope they still make good to every one but have little faith that it will happen.
  • BAMFer wrote: »
    Still waiting ...

    I posted my info to the thread when they were trying to identify the problem, but I can’t find that thread now. Anyone got a link?

    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Potential-Login-Issues-01-24-2020/td-p/8677854/highlight/false/page/25
  • Anything going to happen today? Friday with an US holiday on Monday probably means unless something is said today it wont be until Tuesday...
  • I'm still waiting on an answer from those who say that CG distributed the make good and told as such and/or someone who actually got the make good to say, "I got it and it was on this day." whether they have a screenshot or proof, etc. Literally everyone saying a make good was delivered is quoting someone else as saying they got it. Not one person has ever posted and said they got the make good that I can find.
  • MikeG311 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on an answer from those who say that CG distributed the make good and told as such and/or someone who actually got the make good to say, "I got it and it was on this day." whether they have a screenshot or proof, etc. Literally everyone saying a make good was delivered is quoting someone else as saying they got it. Not one person has ever posted and said they got the make good that I can find.

    I’m still waiting too
  • MikeG311 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on an answer from those who say that CG distributed the make good and told as such and/or someone who actually got the make good to say, "I got it and it was on this day." whether they have a screenshot or proof, etc. Literally everyone saying a make good was delivered is quoting someone else as saying they got it. Not one person has ever posted and said they got the make good that I can find.

    You keep saying "not one person has ever posted", yet when presented with the post with a screenshot you say it cannot be believed. So, until you get yours will you actually believe anyone, or are you just looking for more posters to call liars?

    Also, there was atleast one more post that claimed guild members got the make good.
    Zanth wrote: »
    ashhammy: two of my guild-mates received compensation which is why I am hopeful that a resolution is forthcoming for those affected but as of yet compensated.

    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • PrivateJoy wrote: »
    I definitely still haven’t seen any compensation as is the situation with multiple other people in the complaint forum on EA. I was able to log on a few times while the outage was occurring via my old phone which barely worked which may have been a reason I was not compensated. I hope they still make good to every one but have little faith that it will happen.

    It appears that being able to log in means you dont get the compensation for not being able to log in.
  • I was pretty clear with what I said. I'm not looking for second and third hand hearsay that someone somewhere got compensation. I'm looking for an actual person who got the make good to post that they got it and wisful thinking - when they got it. To my knowledge that hasn't happened. I am happy to be proven wrong.

    But mostly, I want to hear from CG in an update to the dev announcement that they either have or haven't started, completed, or are still working on delivering the make good.
  • MikeG311 wrote: »
    I was pretty clear with what I said. I'm not looking for second and third hand hearsay that someone somewhere got compensation. I'm looking for an actual person who got the make good to post that they got it and wisful thinking - when they got it. To my knowledge that hasn't happened. I am happy to be proven wrong.

    But mostly, I want to hear from CG in an update to the dev announcement that they either have or haven't started, completed, or are still working on delivering the make good.

    If you go back to page 2 of this thread, someone made that claim. But that has already been pointed out many times since then, yet everyone who has not recieved a make good calls it fake and claims no such evidence has been given, while asking for someone to post evidence of getting the make good.

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2057976/#Comment_2057976

    And yes, an update from CG is ideal, but until we get that the linked comment and the other second hand evidence is all we have, which implies that they began the rollout of the make good.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • PrivateJoy
    5 posts Member
    edited February 14
    PrivateJoy wrote: »
    I definitely still haven’t seen any compensation as is the situation with multiple other people in the complaint forum on EA. I was able to log on a few times while the outage was occurring via my old phone which barely worked which may have been a reason I was not compensated. I hope they still make good to every one but have little faith that it will happen.

    It appears that being able to log in means you dont get the compensation for not being able to log in.

    I wasn’t able to logon for 2 of the 3 days and even then once I learned from others that there was a “work around”, only on a phone that needed WiFi so only when I was at home at night, once per day. I missed out on almost 100% of the events that were happening that weekend, guild activities as well. They are now looking at missed accounts supposedly via this thread:

    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Anyone-else-still-waiting-on-compensation-from-1-24-1-26-outage/m-p/8731763#M36495
  • That screenshot on the post you're referencing has been posted several times and we don't know if it is real. I'd like to point out that it starts with a quotation mark - why? - and there's no quotation mark at the end. I also question the reference to "Zeta". Shouldn't that say zeta mats or zetas. I'm not sure and maybe I'm looking into it too much but with it being the only thing anyone can point to - that's why I just want CG to tell us what's what so I can happily shutup.

    More importantly, why are there people in this thread talking to those of us waiting for an answer about their theories on CG's actions? We don't need your opinions or to argue with you. We're trying to keep this thread alive so it stays relevant and we get a response from CG. I have no desire to argue with anyone about this.
  • I was unable to login for 2 and half days. And still no make good compensation yet
  • MikeG311 wrote: »
    That screenshot on the post you're referencing has been posted several times and we don't know if it is real. I'd like to point out that it starts with a quotation mark - why? - and there's no quotation mark at the end. I also question the reference to "Zeta". Shouldn't that say zeta mats or zetas. I'm not sure and maybe I'm looking into it too much but with it being the only thing anyone can point to - that's why I just want CG to tell us what's what so I can happily shutup.

    More importantly, why are there people in this thread talking to those of us waiting for an answer about their theories on CG's actions? We don't need your opinions or to argue with you. We're trying to keep this thread alive so it stays relevant and we get a response from CG. I have no desire to argue with anyone about this.

    Thats fine, you don't need to believe the evidence. I don't want to argue either, I am just correcting false statements like "nobody has provided evidence they received the makegood or have said they received it".

    If you didn't want comment on a thread on a public forum, then why not just PM the development team all day every day?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • MikeG311 wrote: »

    But mostly, I want to hear from CG in an update to the dev announcement that they either have or haven't started, completed, or are still working on delivering the make good.

    If this is what you want I suggest you review the tb questions that wasn't asked thread to see how this stuff pans out.

    A CG official jumped in and said he would ask and provide us an update on monday... back in November 2019...

    Since he has been tagged 100 plus times and now it has been 2 months and they haven't even said yes no or maybe they are just ignoring the players after saying they will update us.

    The chance a actual office dev comments on this is around 0% so 3rd person and other players is as best as it gets. Devs just completely ignore players nowadays I'd be amazed if they ever comment on this.
  • TVF
    22485 posts Member
    edited February 15
    deleted - answered above

    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • After contacting them through the EA page I linked above my account was compensated. If you haven’t been compensated I would suggest you post there, otherwise they are done.
Sign In or Register to comment.