Ridiculous

Phase 4. What's the point, are they *trying* to get people to leave this game?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    No they are not.

People are still beating this phase within the recommended gear levels.
  • ponce104
    156 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with Temujin. I have the recommended gear levels. I've literally put in over 16 hours of trying and trying on this event and still don't have him. This is absolutely ridiculous.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @ponce104 can you screen shot your toons to show gear levels.

Maybe look at and walk through your mods and strategy in some of the other posts for this event.
  • Options
    Asaaj and B1 at relic 4. All others G12 +3. Speeds matched to the vid by Sir Georgeous, turn order matched, and crit avoid on B2 and Magna per the vid.

Persistence is one thing, sure. But any event that literally takes a thousand tries to get the RNG ... is that really a game?
  • Options
    utll1t5297s9.jpg
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    recommended is r3 across the board though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    recommended is r3 across the board though.

This ^^^

Have you looked up other information, different strategies?

Kill order and ability order matter too.
  • Options
    Ok guys. I know you all have beaten this and obviously I haven't. And I've only done around a hundred or so runs at it.

But I think you may agree that having a few more or less relics only matters marginally.

In this event, any decent run just requires that DDK is under reconstructive revolution and that he is taking the majority of the hits and is doing a lot of assists. All totally random. That's why it literally takes hundreds of runs to get lucky.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Ok guys. I know you all have beaten this and obviously I haven't. And I've only done around a hundred or so runs at it.

But I think you may agree that having a few more or less relics only matters marginally.

In this event, any decent run just requires that DDK is under reconstructive revolution and that he is taking the majority of the hits and is doing a lot of assists. All totally random. That's why it literally takes hundreds of runs to get lucky.

it takes more attempts when you are undergeared, which you are. and no, a few relics don't matter marginally, they matter a lot. see first sentence for deets. it is what it is
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

If it's just luck couldn't it take one?

I failed a boatload of times until I took my Droideka to G13 (no relics) and beat it second try after that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

I would definitely not agree with this. Not only does the relic upgrade greatly improve a toon alone, but those 3 right side g12+ gear pieces make a huge difference by adding some great stats. You only have one on B2 and none on droideka and Magna.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

If it's just luck couldn't it take one?

Well, yes. Just not very likely :-)
  • Options
    Is there a recommended toon placement within the squads? I don't really remember. I remember having a hard time with the event until I got close a few times, then having a hard time, then finally getting the lucky run. I've blocked out everything else.
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

it takes more attempts when you are undergeared, which you are. and no, a few relics don't matter marginally, they matter a lot. see first sentence for deets. it is what it is

I found that relicing droideka made a huge difference for me. B1 and Droideka are the key relics of this phase. You can do it with a G12, but it will be harder and require more luck.
    ... Even with Relic droideka it still takes some luck.
  • Options
    Ok, agreed that more relics are more helpful (not trying to snark anyone here).

But the truth is that a few relics either way are not enough to save any targeted toon without a *lot* of rng luck. This is why (as other posters noted) the event can be done with a relatively wide variety of setups. Because in the end the biggest variable is who gets targeted. To win, DDR has to be targeted back to back many times. The fact that GS now gives an extra smack before he kneels now really just adds to the already long odds.

For you guys that did it, congrats. For me I'm thinking it's meh not my kinda game anymore.

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    My initial gif wasn't really meant to be disparaging, I just thought it was fitting and amusing.

On a more serious note: putting relics on Magnaguard and Droideka helps immensely. Magna becomes dramatically sturdier with relics, and he's your only tank. I had him at R4 and he still went down in my winning attempt.

Your mods are also hugely important. Here's the video that ended up helping me beat it - he does it super undergeared, but does stress that he needed 100% perfect RNG to get it to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjEReG2xC6I

Short version: speed up droideka more than you would normally so he can get his shield up, stack B1 with as much offense as you possibly can, and pray, basically.

I would say that if you can get Fives and Echo down in the first topple, you're 80% of the way to winning; ideally you want to have it timed so that as soon as Anakin kneels, you have Droideka nail Fives with his big multi-hit attack. That way he'll be dead or nearly-dead and you'll have time to take someone else out before topple end.

You obviously need to kill Fives first so he doesn't megabuff everyone, and getting Echo down dramatically reduces the amount of crap flying your way while you re-topple Anakin. On any attempt where you can't at least get Fives down in the first topple I would just restart since you will almost certainly die at that point.

Unfortunately even with recommended gear on everyone and a perfect strategy, there's still a fair amount of RNG involved. It's not a fun event at all.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    My initial gif wasn't really meant to be disparaging, I just thought it was fitting and amusing.

On a more serious note: putting relics on Magnaguard and Droideka helps immensely. Magna becomes dramatically sturdier with relics, and he's your only tank. I had him at R4 and he still went down in my winning attempt.

Your mods are also hugely important. Here's the video that ended up helping me beat it - he does it super undergeared, but does stress that he needed 100% perfect RNG to get it to work.

Short version: speed up droideka more than you would normally so he can get his shield up, stack B1 with as much offense as you possibly can, and pray, basically.

I would say that if you can get Fives and Echo down in the first topple, you're 80% of the way to winning; ideally you want to have it timed so that as soon as Anakin kneels, you have Droideka nail Fives with his big multi-hit attack. That way he'll be dead or nearly-dead and you'll have time to take someone else out before topple end.

You obviously need to kill Fives first so he doesn't megabuff everyone, and getting Echo down dramatically reduces the amount of crap flying your way while you re-topple Anakin. On any attempt where you can't at least get Fives down in the first topple I would just restart since you will almost certainly die at that point.

Unfortunately even with recommended gear on everyone and a perfect strategy, there's still a fair amount of RNG involved. It's not a fun event at all.

Appreciate the attempt to help.

Back to my original point though. Any "game" that requires spending hundreds of dollars to achieve "success" and requires hundreds of attempts to beat a quest is not a game. It's a compulsion, or a psychosis. See some of the replies above.

For my part, having spent only small sums over the last couple of years, I see when it is time to hang it up.

Good luck, gentlemen. I plan to find a pursuit that is actually fun. More fly-fishing, or time with the Mrs.

Seek happiness guys.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

Appreciate the attempt to help.

Back to my original point though. Any "game" that requires spending hundreds of dollars to achieve "success" and requires hundreds of attempts to beat a quest is not a game. It's a compulsion, or a psychosis. See some of the replies above.

For my part, having spent only small sums over the last couple of years, I see when it is time to hang it up.

Good luck, gentlemen. I plan to find a pursuit that is actually fun. More fly-fishing, or time with the Mrs.

Seek happiness guys.

Unfortunately if you choose to try it without fully upgrading your squad, it will take many attempts to get the RNG that will get you through.

By no means does the game require that, if you show a little patience.