how are we supposed to play this LS Geo TB?

Went in to P2 with a fully loaded Resistance team. spent 45 minutes remodding to get 100+ speed on everyone, 2 G13 R7 toons, 3 G13 R5 toons... lots of 6 pip mods, and had full platoon disablement benefits from P1... and i can't even get thru the first stage!!! this is so INCREDIBLY unbalanced. i'm about to quit this stupid game. not fun, waste of time.

Replies

• Nayr_Taurant
    51 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    i tried 'slower' in phase 1. worked even worse. you know, i don't have any kind of expectation we should be max starring everything and i understand this is end game content, but when i'm using end game quality toons, and spending spending significant time and money to play this game, and can't even get past STAGE 1 in phase 2... something is wrong with the game... seriously about to quit this crap.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    How many stars is your guild doing?

What results are you seeing with other factions?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    "I figured it out. We just need to hit them really, really hard."
    Still not a he.
  • Nayr_Taurant
    51 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    How many stars is your guild doing?

What results are you seeing with other factions?

hoping for 22 stars. max'd GAS and clones can do 3-4/4 in first 2 phases, JKR squad all relic'd out is almost as useless as resistance. relic'd Padme squad depending on the mix can do 2-4/4. i give up needed rebels in platoons and/or want to try resistance...so no results to report.
    but star count isn't the point, because i realize that's about as good as any guild will do. the point is, it's ridiculous that good squads that are effectively at end game, modded-up, relic'd out can barely get a shot off. it's frustrating and not fun... which is not what this game is supposed to be. if this were day 4, ok, maybe i'd understand there's a progression to come, but at day 2 is just bonkers to get wiped out in the 1st stage- and it's not like i don't know how to play. launch day player, 6.3M GP.
  • Jml727
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure you should be complaining here when you will be getting 20+ stars...doubt you will have much sympathy now.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    mods, strats, team comp.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nayr_Taurant
    51 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Jml727 wrote: »
    Not sure you should be complaining here when you will be getting 20+ stars...doubt you will have much sympathy now.

i'm not looking for sympathy. i'm trying to explain how current players at this level are not having fun. trust me, when you or anyone else gets to this point after spending 4+ years playing, time prepping for the battle, money, stress from all the Epic and Legendary toons, what ever, and you go in with a reasonable expectation to actually try the mechanics (in this case, RH Finn, who i literally had just finished relic-ing) only to see him annihilated before i got a shot off. it's frustrating as heck... and again NOT FUN. let us play, and dare i say enjoy, the game!
  • Options
    Last LSGTB in phase 2 (bottom) I tried JTR r7, r2 r4, bb8 g12, finn r3, and c3p0 g12. Nearly **** my pants. I got 4/4!

I had made mod loadouts and so they were saved. I was actually really excited for the geo LSTB this time. Once Combat Missions were open, I moved mods and hit phase 1. Only got 2/4. Phase 2, moved mods got 0/4. Phase 3, my guild was still in bottom of phase 2 so tried again, 2/4.

My R2 needed more potency. At least I hope that is it. Will try next month, but this TB is frustrating. Though, on the flip side my GAS will be 7 stars when this one is done, so hopefully he can get me a few stage clears. At this point I am actually counting toons I killed and it is pretty close to 0!