Galactic Legends pointless requirements

Prev134
So........why do we need toons for the Galactic Legends event when there is no use for them in the event. I mean R5 Rose Tico and then she actually isn't needed for the event. I'm worried that the people who whale on this game may be turned off by the cost for toons they dont even need. I love this game, and want it to flourish, but we need something to work towards and I for one will never be farming for Rey or Supreme Leader Kylo as the ends do not justify the means. Will you be farming for them??

Replies

• Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    I am going for Kylo.

This is a long term goal and nothing to achieve within months! This is literally end game content.

I like the idea of the tickets but we should get a fixed amount and not a drop rate out of it.
    If it is fixed, you could see it as some sort of raid ticket for singleplayer. I really want the ability to do a raid by myself. I hope they gonna do this in future.

I don't like the requirements but I can understand CG that they can monetize it.

And we don't know what will come in future. Maybe we need a R5 Rose?
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    Why does it matter? Vet Han and Vet Chewie were useless after the JTR event. So what if you use them or not during the event. They were a means to an end. No different this time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Why does it matter? Vet Han and Vet Chewie were useless after the JTR event. So what if you use them or not during the event. They were a means to an end. No different this time.

GAC made it matter a lot more. Some g8 vets don’t impact my top 80 GP, but R3 vets do. Plus, gearing to g8 was and is fairly insignificant.

I’m working on Kylo now, and it sucks to have 4 relic FO sit on my bench each round of GAC.
  • Options

GAC made it matter a lot more. Some g8 vets don’t impact my top 80 GP, but R3 vets do. Plus, gearing to g8 was and is fairly insignificant.

I’m working on Kylo now, and it sucks to have 4 relic FO sit on my bench each round of GAC.

Why? There are 10 FO toons and 3 of them have leader abilities.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    Akenno wrote: »
    I am going for Kylo.

This is a long term goal and nothing to achieve within months! This is literally end game content.

I like the idea of the tickets but we should get a fixed amount and not a drop rate out of it.
    If it is fixed, you could see it as some sort of raid ticket for singleplayer. I really want the ability to do a raid by myself. I hope they gonna do this in future.

I don't like the requirements but I can understand CG that they can monetize it.

And we don't know what will come in future. Maybe we need a R5 Rose?

Um. First of all No you don't need rose or any of the characters the require you to relic. Palpatine, vet chewie, vet han, non of them are needed to complete the event they are just pay wall.

2nd of all you don't like the requirement but you understand the monetization, so just so you know game went from having monetization for gear and shards into needing monetization for 5 brand new marquee characters that would give you a legendary character that would be the meta.
    Into a you need 10 marquee characters at 20000 GP to get a character at 5*. Than the gear 13 came into the game with huge amounts of monetization especially from the top guilds, mandalore from maw had like what 35 gear 13 characters in 1 week? Than from gear 13 with in the shortest time ever relics came into the game with another huge opportunity for CG to gain truck loads of cash. And than GAS happened which this time around required 10 characters and 5 ships minimum to get him with the requirements going up to needing reliced characters. (But you actually used all of those characters and the event was fun) and now we need 24 characters at relic 5 and 7 just to get 2 characters. All I see is the same amount of effort from CG but 200x the profit. If you can't see this than I'm sorry for you

Yes. You don't need such chars right now or are you coming from the future?

GL's are pure for endgame not something mid-term / end-term like GS.
    Many people think that they need both GL chars ASAP. Why can't you guys just sit there and wait until you get there? Why do so many complain about it if they already know how it'll progress? It is endgame!
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

I get the GAC complaint. Not what I was addressing. The complaint was that the toons were required to get in the event but weren't used in the event. So to repeat my question, why does that matter?
  • Options

A common counter for KRU lead FO is resistance. I put Hux in that team to slow down resistance. At the time of this last GAC, my sith trooper was still g11 and 6*, so I save him for sith. That leaves 4 FO that don’t have a home. And believe, I tried them on a separate team. It’s a free 60+ point win for my opponent.

Because of my FO toons with high gear, I faced more opponents with relics on separatists, GR, and other top teams. Relic phasma and some tie pilots don’t do much against top tier pvp teams.

You should know that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I look at it from the long term perspective, as we move forward, the old gear system will become secondary and the new focus will be on the relic system.

this is what happened to abilities, low level mats were a crunch and omegas were tough. That has slowly transitioned to omegas being the slight crunch and zetas being the end all be all. (for now)

The point of this system was to allow them to have a use for more gear, and I bet we will see an increase in gear moving forward that will allow us to get up past current crunches to relics faster, but relics will start to be the focus. once relics are the focus, just like gear the low levels will be fairly easy (R4) and moving up will be "the choices" we need to make.

Saying you want goals, but dont like this one is fine, but the overall system/concept seems to be working towards a new long term goal of development for the future.

events with requirements that are not tied to the event is a new thing but is still in the same realm of what we have seen before.

requirements have always had different levels between what is needed to get in and what is needed for the event, and what is needed to not feel like you are going to break your phone before unlocking.

This is a new event, things do seem a little off and maybe they will make changes, but overall there is a good grounds of a concept here and I hope we see more events that have this breadth, but maybe more depth too. events at this level should be grand in scale. having not done the event I cannot directly speak to the detail involved, but I know many are a little disappointed. (I reserve judgement until I have done it myself, watching someone else play games has never been my thing.)
  • Options

A common counter for KRU lead FO is resistance. I put Hux in that team to slow down resistance. At the time of this last GAC, my sith trooper was still g11 and 6*, so I save him for sith. That leaves 4 FO that don’t have a home. And believe, I tried them on a separate team. It’s a free 60+ point win for my opponent.

Because of my FO toons with high gear, I faced more opponents with relics on separatists, GR, and other top teams. Relic phasma and some tie pilots don’t do much against top tier pvp teams.

You should know that.

I’ve been keeping my KRU team on offense, with relics they are a really good NS counter which frees up whatever other teams I used to use for them. They are one of those teams that the AI will never get right.
    From what I understand, a good Sith Trooper is key, so I see where that hurts you. They might work as a defense that forces your opponent to burn a good team for a surprise in the back? That’s what makes GAC interesting.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    So you are saying that a high reliced FO team won’t crack your top 14 teams? Won’t they take out a non reliced BH team or a non reliced OR team? I am asking because I don’t know but I would think they would so they would be useful. Maybe not as useful as we would like but useful nonetheless. I get they can’t take out Padme, GAS, GG, DR or JKR.
  • Options
    In every event we have ever done, you never had to level and gear up a full faction, you only had to level and gear up people needed for the event itself. I expected the event to be the entire story and require you to use Finn and Rose and Holdo and even have a ship battle involved. What we got was not on that level. As it stands I'm more impressed by the hero journeys then I am what we got with the galactic legends.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2940 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

This is a new event, things do seem a little off and maybe they will make changes, but overall there is a good grounds of a concept here and I hope we see more events that have this breadth, but maybe more depth too. events at this level should be grand in scale. having not done the event I cannot directly speak to the detail involved, but I know many are a little disappointed. (I reserve judgement until I have done it myself, watching someone else play games has never been my thing.)

I slightly agree with your stance on gear, however, completely disagree with your stance on the event. The event was nothing but a dumbed down version of a journey guide. There is no good grounds here, first two battles are basically the same as the last three. The only thing this event did right was the backgrounds, even though they are repeating in the last three battles.

As you said “ events at this level should be grand in scale” and I agree, they should be. This event fails on all accounts and is not grand by far. I understand you have to defend them, but this comes off hollow and forced. I hope we never see an event like this ever again. Only good news is that they can (hopefully) go up from here.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

I slightly agree with your stance on gear, however, completely disagree with your stance on the event. The event was nothing but a dumbed down version of a journey guide. There is no good grounds here, first two battles are basically the same as the last three. The only thing this event did right was the backgrounds, even though they are repeating in the last three battles.

As you said “ events at this level should be grand in scale” and I agree, they should be. This event fails on all accounts and is not grand by far. I understand you have to defend them, but this comes off hollow and forced. I hope we never see an event like this ever again. Only good news is that they can (hopefully) go up from here.

I think we agree more than you realize. I think that the requirements and the release and everything leading up to this and the general platform of the event are good groundwork, but the event itself needs to match that in its "grand scale". I do not have to, nor did I defend anything. I am just looking at the things that have changed from previous events and talking about the parts that I like or think are ok for things like this. But I do hope that events and things like this come back. They are long term investments for players and also push rosters to a new level.
  • Options

Except you could G8 them and be fine. Farming them to 7* was a norm and expected but the gear wasn’t anywhere close to a R5/R7. The amount of bottlenecked gear is exponentially higher. The issue is that they aren’t even required like the vets were for some sort of story tie in. That’s why people are right in saying it was purely a paywall stop gap and nothing more. Why couldn’t CG tie the characters into a story based event like the hero journeys? Instead it was just a lazy and poorly designed event that fell flat
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Going off of the OP's thread title only I'm not sure how anyone can disagree.

I'm not arguing about the difficulty levels to enter, the gear levels, the relics, the format, the background or anything. If CG wants you to r7 Rose to get Rey then so be it. State it as a requirement and let's get after it. The GL is currently end game, meaning something big to strive for so any complaints I see about how hard it is, or how people can't get it right away then I say boo-hoo. To bad. It should be that way.

That being said if you're going to make us gear up a worthless **** of a toon that will otherwise become a mechanism for collecting dust and have zero use or value add after the event at the very least give us the few minutes in the event where we can feel like it was necessary. Otherwise it's just plain lazy. The veterans were not fun to grind, but at least it wasn't r5 required and you got to at the very least use them during the event for something. They played a role apart from just being a grind/wall.

Saying get Rose to r5 feels like you did a DB scan and saw how few people have her farmed and said why not. Let's make her a requirement to create a pay wall/grind. Then you sat around the table and were like great now how in the world do we incorporate her in a way that makes sense and someone just said why bother. I mean you did the bare minimum right? You didn't pick CUP or Mob Enforcer. Rose is at least in the same movies as Rey, but you just as well could have.I guess. You probably held back from picking those because veteran players from years of playing may have accidentally gotten them to 7 star by mow as a result of GW drops.(Ok now I'm being cynical. That's unfair of me, but it's what it feels like)

When I saw Veteran Han as an initial requirement there was some griping in the community of why take a toon like that so high in gear, but to me it was smart. Han played a huge role in shaping who Kylo is. I loved the idea regardless of the grind. I figured for the event they'll have some cool and creative way to work him in the event. Boy am I silly........

In the words of Michael Scott. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....strike three.
  • Options

Events that have this breadth? Good grounds of concept? This event or are you talking about Malak or Darth Reven? The Malak event had some interesting mechanics and was interesting to play. This is just lazy.

I think people are upset about the requirement because the event does not even use them. Look back to Old Ben and Vader fighting in the CLS event. That had story, that had a new mechanic, that was fun to see, that was interesting. When we see Vet Han for the Kylo Ren event we assume something as cinematic is coming. Instead you can do the event without using him. Why require a capital ship without a ship level? This is lazy and if the requirements are going to be this hard, please just make it interesting.

I completely disagree that "there is a good grounds of a concept here". There is no new concept here accept gear and relic useless (for the event) characters. Maybe the character will have a use later but do not tell us it is for the event. That is simple not the case.

signed
    More disappointed than Angry

• Options
    Their mistake was not needing the toons on the event, 4 months and couldn't make each toon required at least on 1 phase? GAS event had that, kinda telling a story vibe.
    They just went super lazy mode on cash grab event this time.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    The point of the requirements is you need them to get the character. That's it. Do the requirements or don't get the legend.

It's lazy, sure, but you're still gonna do it if you want your legend.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    why did we need Pao for p3 of hsth, the guy is useless now!

but also, I wish rose was needed for event, that way people could complain about how rose was needed for event
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    why did we need Pao for p3 of hsth, the guy is useless now!

but also, I wish rose was needed for event, that way people could complain about how rose was needed for event

Given how many people are complaining about something they can't even try for themselves, I'm surprised they aren't anyway.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I'm outraged for the people who are outraged about other people. Apes strong together
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Except you could G8 them and be fine. Farming them to 7* was a norm and expected but the gear wasn’t anywhere close to a R5/R7. The amount of bottlenecked gear is exponentially higher. The issue is that they aren’t even required like the vets were for some sort of story tie in. That’s why people are right in saying it was purely a paywall stop gap and nothing more. Why couldn’t CG tie the characters into a story based event like the hero journeys? Instead it was just a lazy and poorly designed event that fell flat

Thats a lazy criticism. Han solo is kylo’s father. He appeared to his son in the rise of skywalker. Thats how he ties in, cause he helped him on his path. What would you have for an event tie in? A stage where he talks to a figment of his imagination?
  • EdSolo
    413 posts Member
    Options
    The thing that is truly annoying is being required to relic useless toons when the gear could be spent on better toons. With the previous focus on the Geo TB's, it would be nice to use this gear on those toons instead of something that isn't even used in the event.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Events that have this breadth? Good grounds of concept? This event or are you talking about Malak or Darth Reven? The Malak event had some interesting mechanics and was interesting to play. This is just lazy.

I think people are upset about the requirement because the event does not even use them. Look back to Old Ben and Vader fighting in the CLS event. That had story, that had a new mechanic, that was fun to see, that was interesting. When we see Vet Han for the Kylo Ren event we assume something as cinematic is coming. Instead you can do the event without using him. Why require a capital ship without a ship level? This is lazy and if the requirements are going to be this hard, please just make it interesting.

I completely disagree that "there is a good grounds of a concept here". There is no new concept here accept gear and relic useless (for the event) characters. Maybe the character will have a use later but do not tell us it is for the event. That is simple not the case.

signed
    More disappointed than Angry

I was talking about the lead in, getting information and prereques early and being able to plan and start working on things and not having the heres an event, and some limited time to get it done.

thank you for bringing up OB and that event, because he was of such great usefulness and the need to gear him was very justified.

Yes the event itself should be more, which i said a few times at this point.

if the event was better, I dont think people would be griping about the requirements. almost every event has some requirement that is only there to serve as a holding point and not a required to be there for the event itself.

There are always:
    Requirements to get into the event
    requirements to do the event
    requirements to finish the event and not break your phone

Compare this to a raid, there are always a few teams that you "need" to get a raid done, and teams that are developed specifically for that purpose, only to later be pushed aside and not used. This is similar, there is investment that is made, but in the end was "useless". I would prefer that than to be forced to relic Rose to 5 and then find out that to complete a stage with her she needed to be R7. but thats just me, in the end the same things happen to things we are forced to develop, I'm ok with it happening sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    What end game? What are you doing at end game? There is no end game. Congrats on your GL characters. Have fun staring at them in your roster. Go crush hstr as if anyone cares about that old content anymore...
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    What end game? What are you doing at end game? There is no end game. Congrats on your GL characters. Have fun staring at them in your roster. Go crush hstr as if anyone cares about that old content anymore...

Useless Paperweight Redux