2 Fleets in GAC

I think its around time we get two fleets in one area for division 1 for GAC. We have 6 good capital ships nowadays, with Kenobi, Malevolence, Finalizer, Raddus (debatable), Ackbar and Thrawn (relies on HT).

Replies

• Ame
    3 posts Member
    Options
    Does anybody like fleet battles?
  • Options
    Ame wrote: »

yes
  • Ame
    3 posts Member
    Options
    Zonder wrote: »

yes

*Great surprise*
  • Options
    What did you expect, everyone doesn't like fleet battles? I don't care for them either, but there are a lot of people that do.
    No need to be snide about it
  • Options
    That could be a problem for the lower division people who don't have that many ships.
  • Options
    The OP was in regards to Division 1, most folks in Div 1 can place 2 fleets on defense
  • Options
    Overboss wrote: »
    That could be a problem for the lower division people who don't have that many ships.

Yeah, but you can just have one squad in lower divisions and 2 squads in higher divisions. Personally, I’d like to see fleets on the front lines rather than the back. That would make sense from a thematic perspective, as you’d have to defeat an enemy fleet before you could proceed with a ground assault.
  • Options
    The OP was in regards to Division 1, most folks in Div 1 can place 2 fleets on defense

Oh okay, that makes sense. I regarded it as 2 territories with 1 ship each not 1 territory with 2 fleets.
  • Options

I am in Div 3 and could handle using 4
  • Jarvind
    3931 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

Yes. Those of us that don't just go "EW FLEET SUCKS" as a kneejerk response and actually take the time to build good fleets and learn how to use them.
  • Options

I am in Div 3 and could handle using 4

Yep , second that .

Drop with the ship hate people already. It’s got more to it than squad arena . You have soon after starting 5 ships on the field just like squad arena and yet you also have capital ship abilities to strategise.

Would people like it more if it looked like characters on planets🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options

yes

Yes. It is STAR WARS. Not interstellar 'ground combat.'
  • Options
    pears wrote: »
    I think its around time we get two fleets in one area for division 1 for GAC. We have 6 good capital ships nowadays, with Kenobi, Malevolence, Finalizer, Raddus (debatable), Ackbar and Thrawn (relies on HT).

CG must have data that tell them there too many people still with 3 fleets. I am guessing the bottom of Div 1 there are many people with inflated GP in their rosters that forced them into Div 1 who don't care enough for fleets and have only 3 capital ships. This by default will predispose such people to be on the losing end in GAC. Else they would have implemented that already.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options

yes

Yes. It is STAR WARS. Not interstellar 'ground combat.'
    Well technically it has also been
    * sand wars
    * that's no moon wars
    * snow wars
    * swamp wars_not_make_anyone_great
    * forest moon wars
    etc. :D
  • Options
    Yep, we have one zone for ships, we should have to put two fleets on defense. Granted, for Division 1 definitely, but not necessarily for lower divisions.

As many fleets as we have, it is strange that we don't already have to place 2 fleets on defense.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I like ships. I don't think the bottleneck right now is the capital ships, though, it's the standard ships.

Give us a couple more ships and we can start doing multiple fleets on defense. But not yet.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Absolutely impossible at this point. And I have all 8 capital ships. First of all, there aren't enough good ships... Secondly if you decide for whatever reason to set Mal and negotiator on defense and then you use your 2 next best fleets for offense, which would probably be rebels and thrawn and fail on one attempt then you would be left with 4 bad capital ships and with a bunch of bad ships to fill the slots...

All of that assuming that you are in a good guild (and you get all of that get2 currency) and you have both latest ships (which is not easy for everyone - there are f2p people in div1 who might not even have either of them). I have not yet played a guy with all 8 capital ships and I am at 5,2 mil gp.

I am sure when the time is right they will make that change... But I think we need at least 2 more capital ships and 15-20 ships added to the game before that happens.And some of them should be more f2p friendly and they do not need to be meta changing ships, just 100% accessible by everyone.
  • Options
    TaTaKaS wrote: »
    Absolutely impossible at this point. And I have all 8 capital ships. First of all, there aren't enough good ships... Secondly if you decide for whatever reason to set Mal and negotiator on defense and then you use your 2 next best fleets for offense, which would probably be rebels and thrawn and fail on one attempt then you would be left with 4 bad capital ships and with a bunch of bad ships to fill the slots...

All of that assuming that you are in a good guild (and you get all of that get2 currency) and you have both latest ships (which is not easy for everyone - there are f2p people in div1 who might not even have either of them). I have not yet played a guy with all 8 capital ships and I am at 5,2 mil gp.

I am sure when the time is right they will make that change... But I think we need at least 2 more capital ships and 15-20 ships added to the game before that happens.And some of them should be more f2p friendly and they do not need to be meta changing ships, just 100% accessible by everyone.

I think we're good for capital ships right now. Higher priority should be for regular ships. We should have at least another 10 regular ships. The last time we got ships was December and that was the BLT and Bomber.

I'm not sure why they slacked on giving us regular ships, but it is frustrating that we don't have enough for all the capital ships available right now.
  • Options
    Overboss wrote: »

Yeah, but you can just have one squad in lower divisions and 2 squads in higher divisions. Personally, I’d like to see fleets on the front lines rather than the back. That would make sense from a thematic perspective, as you’d have to defeat an enemy fleet before you could proceed with a ground assault.

Tell that to Han and the Ewoks.
  • Options
    gunnymeden wrote: »
    pears wrote: »

CG must have data that tell them there too many people still with 3 fleets. I am guessing the bottom of Div 1 there are many people with inflated GP in their rosters that forced them into Div 1 who don't care enough for fleets and have only 3 capital ships. This by default will predispose such people to be on the losing end in GAC. Else they would have implemented that already.

That’s why I’m surprised that they haven’t done it yet. Building content to encourage players to develop under-utilized factions is not new ground. This would just be an extension of that.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Male (offense) - SF, Hyena, Vulture, Spy, +3
    Nego (defense) - HT, Ahsoka, Anakin, Y-Wing, Fives, Plo, +1
    Finalizer (offense) - Silencer, Shuttle, FO SF Tie, FO Tie, +3
    Ackbar (defense) - HMF, Bistan, Biggs, Phantom, Ghost, Cassian, +1

4 capitals that everyone should have (soonish if people went for a 7* Male/Nego first) and could easily be used in GAC if there would be 2 fleets demanded in one territory (which it should for divisions 1+2, hell even for lower divisions it could spice things up by making people use some lower tier fleets and figure out how to beat their opponents fleets).
    And no, you don't need every pilot to be completely maxed out, I don't even know why people always think this way. A Bistan with g10 pilots works just fine.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Krashxxxx
    226 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    IF, Big emphasis on the IF, they are working on a ship raid, then CG does not want you to build up your fleets now. They want people to be happy with 2 or 3 good fleets and sell you more when the raid launches.
    Also ships bloat your GP, a LOT. With nowhere else to use them, that bloated GP hurts way more than it helps.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, at this point it would give more tactical choices. I'm personally div 1 with only two fleets I consider good, but I guess I could manage two more workable ones.
  • Options
    No malevolence and I'm well into Div 1 (5.3M). My guild is full of good people, but it's not very rewards-competitive for the last 10-12 weeks (a few people left and haven't been replaced). I unlock Mal soon, but not yet.

So I'd be suck with Rebels, Gal Rep, and ...? I mean, my separatist ships are good, and so are my Resistance ships, but the Cap ships for those factions aren't.

So, no, I couldn't compete very well, I don't think, with a 2-fleet territory. Doesn't mean I wouldn't try, of course. Once Raddus and Mal are 6*+ then maybe. Even then, there's a lot that they're designed to do that you can't access until that 7th star. The only thing that would make them even marginally useful against more complete fleets is that Holdo will be g13 in a few days and Grievous is already R5, so I don't have to worry too much about the gear on my commanders.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    No malevolence and I'm well into Div 1 (5.3M). My guild is full of good people, but it's not very rewards-competitive for the last 10-12 weeks (a few people left and haven't been replaced). I unlock Mal soon, but not yet.

So I'd be suck with Rebels, Gal Rep, and ...? I mean, my separatist ships are good, and so are my Resistance ships, but the Cap ships for those factions aren't.

So, no, I couldn't compete very well, I don't think, with a 2-fleet territory. Doesn't mean I wouldn't try, of course. Once Raddus and Mal are 6*+ then maybe. Even then, there's a lot that they're designed to do that you can't access until that 7th star. The only thing that would make them even marginally useful against more complete fleets is that Holdo will be g13 in a few days and Grievous is already R5, so I don't have to worry too much about the gear on my commanders.

Do you currently use 14 meta squads for TW?
    Or is a balancing act of leaving enough on defense to slow your opponent down while leaving yourself enough offensive options?
    Ships would work the same way. And there are enough capital ships now that we could have 2 defensive slots to work with to achieve that balance.
  • Options
    @kello_511
    Or is a balancing act of leaving enough on defense to slow your opponent down while leaving yourself enough offensive options?

That's why I said I would still try. it's not up to me when the 2-fleet territory gets implemented in GAC (though I think it's inevitable). It's just that people are making assumptions about what others' fleets look like. All I was doing was articulating where I'm at as a Div 1 "advanced beginner". I don't like it when others assume they know that everyone else's inventory is similar to theirs just because the GP is similar.

If CG decides this level is good enough for a 2-fleet territory, that's fine with me. I'm not advocating for or against.
  • Options
    @kello_511

That's why I said I would still try. it's not up to me when the 2-fleet territory gets implemented in GAC (though I think it's inevitable). It's just that people are making assumptions about what others' fleets look like. All I was doing was articulating where I'm at as a Div 1 "advanced beginner". I don't like it when others assume they know that everyone else's inventory is similar to theirs just because the GP is similar.

If CG decides this level is good enough for a 2-fleet territory, that's fine with me. I'm not advocating for or against.

If your overall GP is similar but they have developed ships while you don’t, then that suggests that you have the edge in your toons. So the ships would just balance it out a bit.

I just think that the game is getting to a place where enough ships are available to allow for this idea to work now.