QnA discrepancies

Prev134
Apparently sandbox mode would be too expensive and they aren't sure how much it would be used so aren't willing to do it.
No surveys done on that so how can you make a 'data driven' decision there.
But geotb apparently they have feedback that cutting it to 24 hours a phase isn't what the community wants?
Did I miss the big CG survey you put out?
That whole QnA seriously felt like you were trolling me.

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    That's been their sandbox excuse for a very long time, even though there have been many logical suggestions to make it work. Seems to me like it could be doable, but obviously they know more about the game than I do, so maybe I'm missing something.

But this is why I don't read QnAs anymore.
  • Monel
    2788 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    That's been their sandbox excuse for a very long time, even though there have been many logical suggestions to make it work. Seems to me like it could be doable, but obviously they know more about the game than I do, so maybe I'm missing something.

I still get excited for every Q&A and then end up disappointed. Hope is what makes me happy!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

I still get excited for every Q&A and then end up disappointed. Hope is what makes me happy!

Hope in one hand.... just make sure to wash both these days.
  • Monel
    2788 posts Member
    Options
    They can't sell us packs if they give us Sandbox mode, so no it's not happening, even if you show proof of 80% of player base wants it, they will still say only fraction of player base wants it

Well, they'd be right. 80% is a fraction.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    Actually, it’s a percentage....
  • Options
    What’s funnier is that their logic that we don’t want it is because we don’t replay the unlimited attempts from past events. That’s ridiculous to derive data from because that’s not sandbox. We can’t set up team compositions to go against, nor their gear levels or anything else. Just the even set roster, which is usually severely UP at this point in the game. That’s why people don’t play it past the rewards
  • Options
    Yeah, I just can't imagine the expense and time it would take to allow a player to set 5 of their characters on defence, and choose another 5 of their characters to attack that defence. You know, test out some teams.

Billions most likely.
  • Options
    Revert GW to how it used to be in the 'old days'...

That could surely be done very easily?

Leave the sim in there, incase you get stuck :)

That's surely a very cheap, first step on the road.
  • Options
    They’ve made a billion dollars and can’t figure out how to let me set a team and fight it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They have explained where they are coming from with the "data", and they have other places where they monitor and talk with players.

agree or dont, they have some information about the situation. There are also other points that can be made:
    - if a player has something going on IRL, anything not rewards based would probably be the first thing they dont play.
    - not everyone will use it. plain and simple, a mode like this will without a doubt have the lowest % of interaction compared to modes that give rewards.
    - unfortunately there is no "simple compromise", once it is in game people are going to ask for upgrades and QOL, its a game feature and it would need attention as time moves on. in for a penny in for a pound.

I think the last reason there is one of the main reasons we have been dragged on for a while with a maybe, and now its more of a hard no. At one point it was considered, but now the long term investment of resources is just not something they want to considering investing in, because it would start to limit their ability to put out content.

Think about it, since the JG has been introduced, how many times have you redone events just for something to play?

from a business sense (not $$) it makes sense, its a large (and continuing) investment for a lower/unknown gain.
  • Options
    mickyluv wrote: »
    Yeah, I just can't imagine the expense and time it would take to allow a player to set 5 of their characters on defence, and choose another 5 of their characters to attack that defence. You know, test out some teams.

Billions most likely.

Sandbox does not generate profits.
    You would save all the crystals you would spend in the arena by asking a friend to switch teams for testing.
    That simple.

• Options
    I haven't played anything in JG since it was introduced, but I wouldn't consider it a sandbox mode either. I have saved GW runs to play new characters at 1x and see how the look/work but even then the matchups aren't representative of the competitive game modes.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I couldn’t care less about sandbox mode, and don’t see why they would devote any resources to it. For what? So people can play around? Who cares. I’m more concerned with the raid we all thought was coming soon...not coming at all apparently? Just some mystery new mode? Wha?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • mikk207
    242 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    They have explained where they are coming from with the "data", and they have other places where they monitor and talk with players.

agree or dont, they have some information about the situation. There are also other points that can be made:
    - if a player has something going on IRL, anything not rewards based would probably be the first thing they dont play.
    - not everyone will use it. plain and simple, a mode like this will without a doubt have the lowest % of interaction compared to modes that give rewards.
    - unfortunately there is no "simple compromise", once it is in game people are going to ask for upgrades and QOL, its a game feature and it would need attention as time moves on. in for a penny in for a pound.

I think the last reason there is one of the main reasons we have been dragged on for a while with a maybe, and now its more of a hard no. At one point it was considered, but now the long term investment of resources is just not something they want to considering investing in, because it would start to limit their ability to put out content.

Think about it, since the JG has been introduced, how many times have you redone events just for something to play?

from a business sense (not $$) it makes sense, its a large (and continuing) investment for a lower/unknown gain.

some fair points.
    I stopped reading at "...it would start to limit their ability to put out content"
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I couldn’t care less about sandbox mode, and don’t see why they would devote any resources to it. For what? So people can play around? Who cares. I’m more concerned with the raid we all thought was coming soon...not coming at all apparently? Just some mystery new mode? Wha?

I am also much more concerned about that q&a discrepancy...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    PhatPat84 wrote: »

This is disingenuous and misleading of you. You cannot say " how many times have you redone the events just for something to play" when we aren't asking for that.

how is this misleading or disingenuous?
    how do you suggest they gauge interaction on a game mode that doesnt exist? just like any business out there my guess is that they extrapolate from existing information. i.e. - modes that have unlimited play and no rewards. No one, literally no one is saying it is a 1 for 1, but your reaction proves a point I was making:

- in for a penny in for a pound - what one players wants is not what another wants. a purely open fighting pit is a very complicated thing and once its a thing players will want it to be more than it is. no simple solution means that they need to be planning it for some "final evolution", and as they have said that is a huge investment and a UI/UX nightmare. that kind of investment will demand a lot of resources.

Obviously this is about profit. Nothing else. So don't try and dress it up as

its obviously about a lot more than that, dont try to make it any less complicated than it actually is. literally nothing in business is that simple.

It wouldn't cost a lot for them to do. And you mentioned that it would take away resources from other areas of the game.
    Which ones exactly?

the way they have described it, they have 2 teams working on "new stuff" (this includes reworks and faction passes, event changes and such so not all "new")

these teams work in parallel and when one is releasing the other is working on the next thing and there seems to be a cycle. this would mean that some portion of those teams or maybe even one team would need to be committed to this, which would slow output on everything, its not just one thing that could suffer.

• Options

This is disingenuous and misleading of you. You cannot say " how many times have you redone the events just for something to play" when we aren't asking for that.

how do you suggest they gauge interaction on a game mode that doesnt exist? just like any business out there my guess is that they extrapolate from existing information. i.e. - modes that have unlimited play and no rewards. No one, literally no one is saying it is a 1 for 1, but your reaction proves a point I was making:

- in for a penny in for a pound - what one players wants is not what another wants. a purely open fighting pit is a very complicated thing and once its a thing players will want it to be more than it is. no simple solution means that they need to be planning it for some "final evolution", and as they have said that is a huge investment and a UI/UX nightmare. that kind of investment will demand a lot of resources.

its obviously about a lot more than that, dont try to make it any less complicated than it actually is. literally nothing in business is that simple.

It wouldn't cost a lot for them to do. And you mentioned that it would take away resources from other areas of the game.
    Which ones exactly?

the way they have described it, they have 2 teams working on "new stuff" (this includes reworks and faction passes, event changes and such so not all "new")

these teams work in parallel and when one is releasing the other is working on the next thing and there seems to be a cycle. this would mean that some portion of those teams or maybe even one team would need to be committed to this, which would slow output on everything, its not just one thing that could suffer.

Two Dev teams working on new stuff... That's interesting. I didn't know they'd given that much insight into their development practices. Do you have any more details or can you link to where they were talking about this?
  • Options
    It’s frustrating that the justification for not putting resources into a sandbox mode is that their “data” indicates player participation in previous modes doesn’t justify it, that only the most hardcore of players would utilize the mode, or that their primary focus for content development is to produce something with which the entire player base can engage.

Yet the past two substantial updates introduced content (LS GeoTB and Galactic Legends) only accessible to the tip or the spear or those who willing to spend a small fortune.

Their argument doesn’t seem to match their actions. It’s like getting told that kyrotech will help the gear crunch by diversifying gear requirements....
  • Options
    Couldn't there be an easy and hard option for Galactic War? Seems like a reasonable compromise.
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    Options

Its totally different when i can choose my opponent or when i have to fight against 5-6 stormtroopers which is not helping with strategy. For me its pointless to replay. I dont get it how some other games are getting Sandbox modes and CG has just some silly excuses. And what long time content :D Its really not very convincing, sorry :D
  • Options
    This Q&A... very demoralizing. At this point we have to assume that no new content is coming. Why? We were told a new raid first quarter of this year, right? Now we are told that raid was put on hold to work on something else, but no word on what that new something else is? Why weren't we told it was put on hold? A new raid is the only thing that has kept me holding out hope for the future of the game.

At this point, even if they said that this new something else was gonna be XYZ I won't believe it is actually coming until we see it. There has been nothing to do other than gear toons in forever. LSGeo is great and all if you are in a top end guild and have a stout roster. If you do not though, it sucks out loud and there is a very slow path to progress in it. Especially if you can't get decent stars and decent rewards. 13 stars gave us absolute crap this time around. I can only imagine what someone who got 6 stars received. How is that person supposed to progress quickly enough to not lose interest?

Kyros were a huge mistake, as were the entire GL lead up and release. I'm giving this game another month, and if there isn't something new to do I'm probably out. I'd rather not play anything than play a game where the devs obviously do not care one bit about the product they are putting out. We have NOTHING to be excited about right now in the game.

Also, stop with the art and sound junk. I wonder how many people actually play this game with sound. I most certainly do not, and never have.

TBH, I feel like I have been deceived by this raid news. It isn't a good feeling, and not one I will tolerate for long. Give me a reason to be excited again. Get involved with the community again; it used to be great having access to CG and seeing interaction with the player base.

We need a bone thrown to us, CG.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »

Which ones exactly?

Two Dev teams working on new stuff... That's interesting. I didn't know they'd given that much insight into their development practices. Do you have any more details or can you link to where they were talking about this?

I will have to look, i'm not sure where they discussed that. It might have been in the short stint of pod casts we got, but it could have been a QA.

they spoke about it in general terms, so I dont think it was any more detailed than that. like i said in general terms, its not just new stuff, its just that they have 2 project groups working in parallel, this can include new stuff but also reworks,touchup and other changes that are grouped together for one reason or another.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, are we supposed to be happy about two teams working on things? Seems to me it should be more than two teams, especially when one is clearly devoted to art.
  • Options
    "from a business sense (not $$) it makes sense, its a large (and continuing) investment for a lower/unknown gain."

Lol, when you put it that way, I can't really blame them. I mean, I stopped buying crystals and packs because it was a large (and continuing) investment for a lower/unknown gain too.