Why use Jolee with JKR

Prev1
Obi_six_Kenobi
370 posts Member
edited April 2020
I’m trying to plan my eventual JKR squad, and I know everyone uses Jolee, Bastilla, GMY, and the last spot can vary. I understand bastilla and GMY, but can someone explain the synergy with Jolee? Is it just because he is both Jedi and Galactic Republic? Assist abilities are good with JKR and Jolee has one, but other toons have much better assist abilities (hermit yoda, GK, etc...) jolee’s health healing doesn’t seem as important as protection healing as protection is so much more important than health late game.

Anyways, can someone help me see what I’m missing?

Edit: sorry meant old republic not galactic republic
Post edited by Obi_six_Kenobi on

Replies

• Options
    Jolee Bindo has an incredible Zeta ability that transforms the JKR team, he can revive all Jedi Allies when you place the zeta mat on his second special. He also synergies well with JKR because of the speed bonuses to JKR for both old republic and Jedi!
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    This 🔝
  • Options
    I understand bastilla and GMY, but can someone explain the synergy with Jolee? Is it just because he is both Jedi and Galactic Republic?

Ah just want point out jolee isn't actually galactic republic, but he is the most essential after JKR for that team as like @Phlangd said his unique zeta can review all Jedi ally's so high/ protection on him would be ideal
  • Options
    I understand bastilla and GMY, but can someone explain the synergy with Jolee? Is it just because he is both Jedi and Galactic Republic?

Ah just want point out jolee isn't actually galactic republic, but he is the most essential after JKR for that team as like @Phlangd said his unique zeta can review all Jedi ally's so high/ protection on him would be ideal

Old Republic, not Galactic Republic. And you want to mod him for health over protection.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    he revives all the jedi, heals the team over and over and he's difficult to get down
  • Options
    Besides the obvious Revive mentioned above. He is also old republic and Jedi, meaning he grants all the speed and offense bonuses through JKR's lead twice. Jolee himself already has a high crit avoidance and max health which are bolstered further by JKR's hero zeta. He also synergizes quite well with the team as his cooldowns are reduced when he usese his basic, and there are a lot of assist calls on a jkr team.
  • Options
    His zeta revived Jedi. How did I you miss this?
  • Options
    It's mostly for the revives. The opponent has to try to kill him despite GK taunting and despite Jolee being built like a tank while he continually gains foresight, tenacity up, and crit immunity. Kill anyone before him and he'll likely bring him/her/them back to life. Over and over. This can easily defeat higher GP opponents or lead to a draw.
  • Options

I didn’t miss this (ok I forgot to mention it, but yeah I’m aware) just wasn’t sure why this makes him better than other choices, when bastilla lead was meta those teams never used Jolee even though he still had the revive ability. With JKR’s savior it seems even less important than having some tank like GK that can call all allies to assist and you still have to kill GK twice before you can focus down the others

• Options

I didn’t miss this (ok I forgot to mention it, but yeah I’m aware) just wasn’t sure why this makes him better than other choices, when bastilla lead was meta those teams never used Jolee even though he still had the revive ability. With JKR’s savior it seems even less important than having some tank like GK that can call all allies to assist and you still have to kill GK twice before you can focus down the others

But with Jolee's revive, you might have to kill GK thrice. ;)
  • Options
    I’m not sure how you can casually gloss over the ability to revive an entire team.
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »

Try your JKR team without Jolee against a GG team.

So far, Jolee is my only relic toon on my JKR team for this reason.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

whaa?

Also, who were you using with jkr instead of jolee (that apparently GK replaced)?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    This thread is confusing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Asking why put Jolee with JKR is like asking why put Daka with NS. They are both hardcore requirements to make the team functional. They really struggle to survive without.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

whaa?

Also, who were you using with jkr instead of jolee (that apparently GK replaced)?

I don’t have JKR yet, just planning, anyways the plan was/is to use hermit yoda. I don’t like doing the same thing everyone else is doing.

• Options
    Also y’all have reminded me why I don’t post on here or ask questions, you make people feel stupid if they don’t write what you would have wrote or do things they way you do them...thanks internet for reminding me that your a ****
  • Options

whaa?

I don’t have JKR yet, just planning, anyways the plan was/is to use hermit yoda. I don’t like doing the same thing everyone else is doing.

A shardmate of mine used JKR, GMY, Bastila, GK and HYoda on offence when JKR was meta. So it is possible, but Jolee can save you if you mess up or rng isnt in your favor
  • Options
    Also y’all have reminded me why I don’t post on here or ask questions, you make people feel stupid if they don’t write what you would have wrote or do things they way you do them...thanks internet for reminding me that your a ****

The forums can be a little rough, but you asked why Jolee was used with JKR and several people have told you why.

I like your spirit of wanting to do things your own way, but when you ask the forums a question then expect some answers.

A lot of people use JKR, Jolee, basty, GMY and Hoda for a good max banner GAC team, a good TW offense team and assault battles.

Thanks, I actually very much appreciate the answers and understand better why people use him, I stopped playing right around the time JKR came out and nobody used Jolee and I’m just trying to understand why
  • Options

whaa?

A shardmate of mine used JKR, GMY, Bastila, GK and HYoda on offence when JKR was meta. So it is possible, but Jolee can save you if you mess up or rng isnt in your favor

Cool thanks
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

The forums can be a little rough, but you asked why Jolee was used with JKR and several people have told you why.

I like your spirit of wanting to do things your own way, but when you ask the forums a question then expect some answers.

A lot of people use JKR, Jolee, basty, GMY and Hoda for a good max banner GAC team, a good TW offense team and assault battles.

Thanks, I actually very much appreciate the answers and understand better why people use him, I stopped playing right around the time JKR came out and nobody used Jolee

This doesn't sound right.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I like your spirit of wanting to do things your own way, but when you ask the for ums a question then expect some answers.

Thanks, I actually very much appreciate the answers and understand better why people use him, I stopped playing right around the time JKR came out and nobody used Jolee

I mean nobody used him prior to JKR, I don’t really know what happened after him as I had stopped playing
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I like your spirit of wanting to do things your own way, but when you ask the for ums a question then expect some answers.

I mean nobody used him prior to JKR, I don’t really know what happened after him as I had stopped playing
    yes, most people used jolee with bast. that's the point people are making imo
  • Options
    Well I havent been using jolee in my arena team. I rank higher without him, prolly due to his gear lvl at 11.

I would definitely benefit if I gear him up more.

I put him with revan in GAC along with juhani tho, and have a seperate Bastila team.

Would Recommend
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    jolee shines at g12 with 6e health mods, fyi. makes a huge difference for him and the whole team

edit: g12 not 2 lol
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    9ue93cu6cuwz.png
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    20% left in phase 1 of HSTR, 46% into phase 2.
    ss27ont0xc69.png

Without Jolee I would not have gotten as far because of losing members along the way :)