May the fourth inbox gift

Replies

• marxuke
    163 posts Member
    Options
    I would buy the 330 shards pack for 5000 crystals, if there was a no-dupe guarantee. Even if I end up with Gamorrean Guard. But I won't risk getting shard shop currency.

If i would be a new player i could not afford it. And now, when i might have collected some crystals, i definitely dont spend it on this :D And this relic pack seems to have worse value then before. Usually u got 15 zin bibidi-babadu cards
  • ssj4tim
    135 posts Member
    Options
    This IS CG, there are no gifts this year. Instead they found out they can charge money for the "gifts". That's why there are special "bundles" you can buy and don't forget discount on crystals so you can take advantage of those double drops! This year you just have to open your wallet and enter your credit card # to receive your gifts.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    TayloRen wrote: »
    Just drop a pic with no words to clarify if that's from last year or this year? Nice.

It's from last year. They've already told us what we're getting this year.

Let's be clear:

No 20 zetas in the inbox this year because you can by 5 instead in a $99 pack.

No cantina double drops because they're selling $99 relic packs.

Let's be clear:

Crystals are worth more than zetas, and you get more thanks to extra login rewards.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Just drop a pic with no words to clarify if that's from last year or this year? Nice.

Let's be clear:

Let's be clear:

Crystals are worth more than zetas, and you get more thanks to extra login rewards.

Respectfully disagree. A player in the game has more access to crystals than zetas.

a new player could enter the game and dump unlimited resources into the game right now and will be trailing on zetas to players with equivalent GP and F2P.

I will give you 1 point, crystals are more versatile, which adds worth. but generally speaking sacristy is a bigger driver of worth to most people.
  • baked_qft
    275 posts Member
    Options
    Zetas are super common. Crystals are worth much more.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Let's be clear:

Let's be clear:

Respectfully disagree. A player in the game has more access to crystals than zetas.

a new player could enter the game and dump unlimited resources into the game right now and will be trailing on zetas to players with equivalent GP and F2P.

I will give you 1 point, crystals are more versatile, which adds worth. but generally speaking sacristy is a bigger driver of worth to most people.
    Even from a new player perspective, crystals are more worth than zetas even if they are highly accessible, and it’s a reward that helps players at all stages of the game (early, mid, end)

Sure you can’t buy zetas but the inflow is pretty good that you don’t feel the lack of once you are at the end game
  • Options
    ssj4tim wrote: »
    This IS CG, there are no gifts this year. Instead they found out they can charge money for the "gifts". That's why there are special "bundles" you can buy and don't forget discount on crystals so you can take advantage of those double drops! This year you just have to open your wallet and enter your credit card # to receive your gifts.

Let's go back to page 1:
    I can solve all your problems With the may 4th gift 7yfmijvfxzf1.png
    with this post right here...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Let's be clear:

Let's be clear:

Even from a new player perspective, crystals are more worth than zetas even if they are highly accessible, and it’s a reward that helps players at all stages of the game (early, mid, end)

Sure you can’t buy zetas but the inflow is pretty good that you don’t feel the lack of once you are at the end game

early game players a zeta can make or break your team. that team could be your arena team, that would be used to increase your income of crystals..... as an ends to a means, zetas could be worth more for new players.

I agree that players that have been playing longer dont feel the crunch on zetas as much (we could all use a few zetas), but that doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with end game players.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    There will be an inbox gift sent out later. Nice little trove of goodies.

My biggest issue with this day though? The extra crystals from packs. I don’t see why they don’t give 25% extra for all the packs and not just up to the $20 packs. Oh well. That gear pack for 1200 crystals is pretty legit. Even at the roll for 10 a piece of the gear it saves 260 crystals. Wouldn’t mind more of those throughout the year
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »

Let's be clear:

Let's be clear:

I think zetas are more valuable and scarce than crystals for big spenders, early, mid and endgame.

Kyno is right, when you spend, especially big, you catch up to players who have been playing longer and have had longer time to accumulate zetas.

I wonder how many people that are complaining are big spenders.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

Let's be clear:

Let's be clear:

I think zetas are more valuable and scarce than crystals for big spenders, early, mid and endgame.

Kyno is right, when you spend, especially big, you catch up to players who have been playing longer and have had longer time to accumulate zetas.

Complaining about May the 4th inbox gifts?

Probably close to zero

Was just replying to “ let’s be clear, crystals are worth more than zetas”

Fair enough.

Palanthian has 7.4m GP. And is complaining about a loss of roughly 15 zetas. I find that amazing. But sadly unsurprising at the same time.
  • Mitch08
    303 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

My biggest issue with this day though? The extra crystals from packs. I don’t see why they don’t give 25% extra for all the packs and not just up to the $20 packs. Oh well. That gear pack for 1200 crystals is pretty legit. Even at the roll for 10 a piece of the gear it saves 260 crystals. Wouldn’t mind more of those throughout the year

I didn't give it a close look. Is it 10-20 of each piece, or for 1?
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

Let's be clear:

Let's be clear:

Probably close to zero

Fair enough.

Palanthian has 7.4m GP. And is complaining about a loss of roughly 15 zetas. I find that amazing. But sadly unsurprising at the same time.

What exactly do you find amazing? That zetas are the commodity I need the most? That I consider the previous two years to be a reasonable indicator as for what to expect this year?

Try to imagine for a moment, if you can, how your expectations might change if you invested something other than just your time (which you clearly have a wealth of) into the game.

Take your faux amazement elsewhere.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

Let's be clear:

Let's be clear:

Probably close to zero

Fair enough.

What exactly do you find amazing? That zetas are the commodity I need the most? That I consider the previous two years to be a reasonable indicator as for what to expect this year?

Try to imagine for a moment, if you can, how your expectations might change if you invested something other than just your time (which you clearly have a wealth of) into the game.

Take your faux surprise elsewhere.

If you have 7.4m GP and you have a zeta crunch, that's 100% your own fault, and not CG's. You chose to invest both your time and resources the way you did.

Also lol at your assumption that I'm f2p. Thanks for the compliment though.

EDIT: And yes, I find it amazing that anyone would think things are consistent in this game. They change all the time.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Mitch08 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

I didn't give it a close look. Is it 10-20 of each piece, or for 1?

It’s 10-20 of each piece. You can get 10, 15 or 20 of each piece and they’re all the same quantity. I pulled 20 of each twice and 10 once. So in essence for 3900 crystals I got a full stun gun, stun cuff, kyro piece and gold eyeball component. Which is worth 7491 crystals. Not a bad deal if I say so myself.
  • Options
    I don’t know what they’re giving away for free this year. Given what they’re offering for sale in packs it probably won’t be much.

I’m having trouble describing what I think of their may the fourth packs. I can’t seem to find my emoji that denotes a steaming pile of stink.

If there are any non-Kraken out there who have found a pack worth buying please let me know.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

Let's be clear:

Let's be clear:

Probably close to zero

Fair enough.

Take your faux surprise elsewhere.

If you have 7.4m GP and you have a zeta crunch, that's 100% your own fault, and not CG's. You chose to invest both your time and resources the way you did.

Also lol at your assumption that I'm f2p. Thanks for the compliment though.

Nope, that's not why I have a zeta crunch, but that's not the point, is it? The fact is, they've taken the most scarce commodity in the game and removed it from the inbox rewards, just so they can sell (less of) it in a pack. Just like they're not putting double drops on cantina because they're selling relic packs.

They're money grabbing, and it irks me, and I think I have a right to be irked. I will continue to exercise that right, just as you will continue to lap up whatever scraps they throw you.

As for your account ... k.
  • Damodamo
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    this thread is turning into a soap opera already and the gifts haven’t gone out... wish I had popcorn
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    this thread is turning into a soap opera already and the gifts haven’t gone out... wish I had popcorn

Here
    wmlj5g7l49ok.gif
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Options
    ypyiocqmudhr.png
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    BeerKiller wrote: »
    I don’t know what they’re giving away for free this year. Given what they’re offering for sale in packs it probably won’t be much.

I’m having trouble describing what I think of their may the fourth packs. I can’t seem to find my emoji that denotes a steaming pile of stink.

If there are any non-Kraken out there who have found a pack worth buying please let me know.

I am not a Kraken, but i think the cheapest relic pack is quite okay and the 20% more crystal packs are also worth it. I have saved 9 full zetas, so not desperate about that. Crystals are definitely what i need most .
  • Moorebid
    496 posts Member
    Options
    It's almost 5th May where I live... I want that box lol
  • Options
    It is only 10 am in california. Time for coffee and donuts
  • LordDirt
    5058 posts Member
    Options
    Moorebid wrote: »
    It's almost 5th May where I live... I want that box lol

Where are my Revenge of the 5th gifts?

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
This discussion has been closed.