They won't, but they can.
  • Ultra
    11537 posts Moderator
    Options
    its fun
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    3v3 can be fun, but the issue with this is that we have no idea how a 3v3 team can handle the GL’s and if it’s way too much of an unfair advantage. If only there were some sort of mode where we could test that...hmmmm
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    It’s awful
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    Can ANYONE explain this?
    Because I like it. Obviously! :D
  • Options
    Because it's nice to have a little variety instead of just facing the same 10 teams over and over and over again?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Lol it’s been a long time iirc
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    3v3 can be fun, but the issue with this is that we have no idea how a 3v3 team can handle the GL’s and if it’s way too much of an unfair advantage. If only there were some sort of mode where we could test that...hmmmm

Don't care for the GL I won't see them for a long long long time and by the time I get to that point they won't be relevant enough.

Me either, but I would like to know how to counter them with a lower manned team. Which loops back to the sandbox issue lol
  • Options
    Have we had a 3v3 since GAS was released?
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Options

Yes, atleast 1, maybe 2.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options

Yes, atleast 1, maybe 2.
    1. I remember because it's the only time I had a clean 12-0 win record. ;)
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

Don't care for the GL I won't see them for a long long long time and by the time I get to that point they won't be relevant enough.

Me either, but I would like to know how to counter them with a lower manned team. Which loops back to the sandbox issue lol

I dont see them adding sandbox mode its too expansive and not free, so just hope the youtubers will post some videos with a 3 vs 3 set up

But they have no test accounts anymore... ugh...I’ll never get how a game that pulls in over a billion dollars in revenue, could ever cry poor with the “too expansive” excuse...
  • Options
    It’s also to cater for different types of players. A lot of us actually really enjoy 3v3.

Personally I believe it brings more challenges to get the right strategies and synergies and really like it !
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, don't play it.
  • ToLive
    110 posts Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is fun, but game is not balanced for this mode. One week will be ok, but whole month is a pain.
  • thedrjojo
    957 posts Member
    Options
    ToLive wrote: »
    Sometimes it is fun, but game is not balanced for this mode. One week will be ok, but whole month is a pain.

Better than the entire GAC being a mixture of the two game modes (toons and ships) and then it favoring one game mode (ships) way more since there is much less ship parity...

I find 3v3 much better than ships tbh
  • Options
    I wish it were 5v3. In my favor, naturally.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Many people (I do) like it. If you remember the weird tw templates they were pushing last year and the mostly unified reaction it got...they pulled it back. This is not the case for 3v3.
  • Dethjin
    75 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    There could be easily even two different GACs running to have more gaming to do, maybe it would feel like a chore to some very fast. But it wouldn't hurt so much if you would not put 100% effort. There are already tons of players who just join and forget about it. Personally I don't like fighting without ships (cause I have the advantage on those) but also I don't like how uneven it makes the matchmaking, I have min-maxed everything and have 5v5 / 3v3 much easier matchups without ships. So it's 50-50...
  • Options
    I enjoy 3v3 more than 5v5 + ships. 3v3 makes it a bit more challenging and I find it interesting to see what people use for 3v3 on defense.
  • Vendraen
    90 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    its fun

No, it's not. It's horrible. The game was designed as a 5v5 game, and 3v3 is horrible - even especially now that there are some units that can summon a 4th. :(
  • Options
    3v3 > ships, all day everyday. We had a full month of ships so now it's time for something else. 3v3 is the only in-game opportunity to experiment with unique squad compositions in pvp, everyone already knows the best teams for 5v5.
  • Options
    I love 3v3 because many people hate it. So they just let it auto fill teams. I casually glance at GAC a few mins before the end of the round and beat a team or 3 and win.
  • thedrjojo
    957 posts Member
    Options
    3v3 > ships, all day everyday. We had a full month of ships so now it's time for something else. 3v3 is the only in-game opportunity to experiment with unique squad compositions in pvp, everyone already knows the best teams for 5v5.

Two straight months...last two GAC were 5v5 with ships. I hated it. Thankfully made kyber this last one but missed out the time before.
  • Vendraen
    90 posts Member
    Options
    It’s also to cater for different types of players. A lot of us actually really enjoy 3v3.

I can't understand why. The game just wasn't designed for it. It was designed for 5v5. And now with units that can summon one, it makes it 4v3 and unwinnable in most cases.

Horrible, horrible idea.