GAC lock-in

So yesterday I held off from joining GAC because I knew I’d have some upgrades to do around my fleet arena payout time. I logged in around noon for the energy refreshes and then my day got a lot crazier than I was ever expecting. I didn’t end up finishing work until 11:15pm and needless to say I missed my 6pm energy refresh, my 7pm fleet arena PO and the 9pm energy refresh... oh ya, and a whole bloody season of GAC! I’ve never even missed setting my defences so this is extremely frustrating for me. I had opportunity to join Monday night and yesterday morning but relented because of CG’s frustrating lock-in system. Why can you join, exit and rejoin TW but not GAC? Why doesn’t GAC just lock in your roster the second before the join period ends? I’m not the best player in the world, but I was pretty proud of my lifetime GAC score - now it feels blah. It all just really sucks. Please have a think about this CG, or at least tell me why the current lock-in mechanism is best. This week is going to be so content poor for me now...

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    zeratul021 wrote: »
    Can you PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE add a "Leave" button that works the same way TW does? [...]

They have already said they cannot do that due to when player matching happens.
    [...]
    they have said that matchmaking "starts when you join" a GA.

TW is done at the end of the timer.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    zeratul021 wrote: »
    Can you PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE add a "Leave" button that works the same way TW does? [...]

They have already said they cannot do that due to when player matching happens.
    [...]
    they have said that matchmaking "starts when you join" a GA.

TW is done at the end of the timer.

I get it, GAC matchmaking happens when you join and TW matchmaking happens at the end of the timer (I already stated this in my original post). My question is why can’t GAC matchmaking happen like TW? I know they’re different, but just stating that they’re different doesn’t tell me why they can’t be the same.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    There was i serious bug with roster locking at the end of the preview phase. Instead of fixing the bug they made this work-around - roster lock, when you join. I assume, that before that work-around matchmaking happened by the end of the preview phase, since rosters didn't lock until then (or at least weren't supposed to).

If you ask me, it's just ****. They really should have fixed their bug instead.
  • Options
    I agree - especially since this is their flagship game mode.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    you dont miss the season, just this one round.

I pinged Crumb about this to get an update and he said he will check where this falls on the list. As a player facing issue they created, I expressed this should be a high priority. There does seem to be some difficulty around even placing a secondary acknowledgment button. I will try to get him to post an update or share any information I get when i get it.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    Tell him the lack of dev tracker updates is also a player facing issue they created ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Tell him the lack of dev tracker updates is also a player facing issue they created ;)

no its not. that has literally no effect on game play for the player base at all.

Lets stay on topic.