Fleet arena "Send Ally Request?"

Chima
113 posts Member
I think the title says everything.
Where is the "send ally request" on the fleet arena?
There's any plan to add it any time soon?
We already have it on Squad Arena, so it cannot be too hard to add it to the fleet arena as well.
Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    That would be super rad.
  • Options
    Agreed. Either add the ability to do an ally request after a Fleet Arena battle, or even better: let us see the persons ally code when we're viewing their profile within the game and open a chat or ally request from there B)
  • Options
    I had to look them up on swgoh.gg , find their ally code there, then look them up on my ally screen in game to send a chat. Really a pain, and if they don't have swgoh.gg account, then you're out of luck.
  • Options
    Join their guild.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • HJoci30
    154 posts Member
    Options
    It's too expensive 😅😅😅
  • Options
    Agreed. Either add the ability to do an ally request after a Fleet Arena battle, or even better: let us see the persons ally code when we're viewing their profile within the game and open a chat or ally request from there B)

They made it so that you don't see the ally code while viewing the profile to prevent the top 50 arena people from getting bombarded with friend requests from literally everyone else in the shard. Since every single person in the shard can view the top 50, there will be many out there wanting to befriend them, so CG disabled that. But I agree that they should add the function to fleets to at least be able to send a request after fighting them.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

They made it so that you don't see the ally code while viewing the profile to prevent the top 50 arena people from getting bombarded with friend requests from literally everyone else in the shard. Since every single person in the shard can view the top 50, there will be many out there wanting to befriend them, so CG disabled that. But I agree that they should add the function to fleets to at least be able to send a request after fighting them.

I was under the impression that they did it initially to make it harder for people to form shard chats.
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    I had to look them up on swgoh.gg , find their ally code there, then look them up on my ally screen in game to send a chat. Really a pain, and if they don't have swgoh.gg account, then you're out of luck.

I also thought you didn't have to sign up for swgoh.gg anymore after they added GA records to it. Every person's account url is their ally code.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

I was under the impression that they did it initially to make it harder for people to form shard chats.

I also thought you didn't have to sign up for swgoh.gg anymore after they added GA records to it. Every person's account url is their ally code.
    The point snowbird is making is that you can find them reasonably easily on swgoh.gg if they have a profile.

If the only profile they have is down to their ally code, and you don’t know their ally code, that’s not much help.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options

The point snowbird is making is that you can find them reasonably easily on swgoh.gg if they have a profile.

If the only profile they have is down to their ally code, and you don’t know their ally code, that’s not much help.

Everyone's ally code is their URL. Can usually find them through google. The big problem IMO is that swgoh.gg has disparity between swgoh.gg account name and swgoh account name. If those 2 don't match then things get very difficult.

And if I am correct that all accounts are now on swgoh.gg whether you signed up or not, then profile name would be the only thing missing from the account. This could make it easier or harder to find on swgoh.gg I'm not sure.
  • Options

Everyone's ally code is their URL. Can usually find them through google. The big problem IMO is that swgoh.gg has disparity between swgoh.gg account name and swgoh account name. If those 2 don't match then things get very difficult.

And if I am correct that all accounts are now on swgoh.gg whether you signed up or not, then profile name would be the only thing missing from the account. This could make it easier or harder to find on swgoh.gg I'm not sure.
    But wait a minute - the point of this thread is that you cannot see your fleet arena mates ally codes at all. So how could you find someone’s ally code through google if you don’t know what it is?
  • Options
    Magic.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Options

But wait a minute - the point of this thread is that you cannot see your fleet arena mates ally codes at all. So how could you find someone’s ally code through google if you don’t know what it is?

Like I said, if you're lucky, and they have a swgoh.gg account that matches their in game name, when you Google swgoh.gg and their user name, it will bring up their account.
  • Options

Like I said, if you're lucky, and they have a swgoh.gg account that matches their in game name, when you Google swgoh.gg and their user name, it will bring up their account.
    Yeah, I know what you said. It’s the other guy saying everyone has a profile with the ally code in the URL that I’m addressing! There’s a guy I know of that deliberately uses Chinese characters just so people can’t find him easily on swgoh.gg
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    And I'm saying that I don't know if not having an swgoh.gg account name makes it so that it isn't searchable, or that it comes up under the swgoh account name.

You can always search for the guilds on swgoh.gg too if the user name doesn't work.

I was never suggesting googling their ally code.

I was also saying that it can be difficult to google someone if their swgoh.gg account name doesn't match their swgoh name. That's one of the times that googling their guild instead can be helpful.