SLK buffs: Complete overreaction over a niche scenario

Prev1
There was no need to break GS as a usable part of a counter to SLK completely, over 1 specific niche cheese squad that would only ever see the light of day if: SLK was set in a full first order squad as leader.
Using Phasma as leader or having Malak in the team thrwarted any attempt to cheese using 2 characters already.
Now you can't use 501st as a full team to counter even Kylo teams without the ultimate (which used to work, it stopped working when Kylo had ultimate)), now you can't use GS as a damage dealer under a JKR lead as an effective counter, because you won't be able to increase Kylo's cooldowns with crits the way those counters are expected to work.
This "fix" was an overreaction that does more damage to legit counterplay than just "fix an exploit".

Replies

• ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    Apparently not enough people were working on getting SLKR. This is just to sweeten the pot a bit more.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Besteve
    126 posts Member
    Options
    ☝️
  • Options
    Not just that. Now if Malak is in the team he can't be crit either, so.. Malak with SLK is probably unbeatable outside of a mirror match.
  • Options
    Well I just beat SLKR in my climb today with full 501st. It was SLKR lead, KRU, FOO, Hux and Thrawn. I only bring 501st when there isn't Malak.

In regards to Malak not getting crit now, at least you wont have to worry about Fear.
  • Options
    StarDog89 wrote: »
    Well I just beat SLKR in my climb today with full 501st. It was SLKR lead, KRU, FOO, Hux and Thrawn. I only bring 501st when there isn't Malak.

In regards to Malak not getting crit now, at least you wont have to worry about Fear.

How long about was your climb, because this buff happened in like the last hour or so.
  • StarDog89
    169 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Climbing as we speak. The fight I am referring to happened maybe 20 minutes ago.
  • Options
    Since i ll unlock him tomorrow, i am rather happy about that :smile:
  • Malevolan
    370 posts Member
    Options
    A personal benefit shouldn't overshadow a change that is bad for the game as a whole.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Malevolan wrote: »
    A personal benefit shouldn't overshadow a change that is bad for the game as a whole.

lol says you
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Why would they choose not unlock the 3rd best toon of the game because the 1st best got a buff ?
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    Now fix rey
    1) During Reys ultimate light side allies are immune to critical hits (stops the kylo ultimate loop. This 100% NEEDS TO HAPPEN)
    2) Allies who take fatal damage will stop at 1% and trigger damage immunity if it has not already triggered.
    3) Rey is immune to fracture and taunt effects

These 3 changes will put rey back on par with Kylo for PvP. He will still dominate PvE
  • dogwelder79
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

lol says you

I hope people decide not to go for GAS the next couple of days because of this buff 😏

LOL
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options
    Why did I invest in GL Rey again? Because it feels like a waste at this point. This is basically like a JKR / DR scenario at this point. With Rey being JKR and SLKR being DR. Yes, JKR is good. But DR is definitely the better toon.
  • Malevolan
    370 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

lol says you

Counterplay is what makes PVP fun and interesting. Killing off counterplay and basically making it all mirror matches is boring.
  • Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    Now fix rey
    1) During Reys ultimate light side allies are immune to critical hits (stops the kylo ultimate loop. This 100% NEEDS TO HAPPEN)
    2) Allies who take fatal damage will stop at 1% and trigger damage immunity if it has not already triggered.
    3) Rey is immune to fracture and taunt effects

These 3 changes will put rey back on par with Kylo for PvP. He will still dominate PvE

So GAS should only go into cover when getting annihilated now? Ok.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Slaveen wrote: »
    Why did I invest in GL Rey again? Because it feels like a waste at this point. This is basically like a JKR / DR scenario at this point. With Rey being JKR and SLKR being DR. Yes, JKR is good. But DR is definitely the better toon.

I feel the same way. A character I invested a lot of resources into leaves me with the top of my roster populated by the likes of Rose or Holdo, the prospect of constant timeouts in arena, no PvE utility and now got devalued to really hammer the point home. Combined with the lack of new content and delays to the RA, I'm wondering if I have any reason to keep playing.
  • TVF
    36707 posts Member
    Options
    LS Geo isn't PvE? OK.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    LS Geo isn't PvE? OK.

If I could use Gl rey in 3 or 4 battles in LSTB per phase, maybe that would make her worth it. But let's be honest, getting an extra 4/4 per phase, once a month, in NO WAY compares to the ability to solo the heroic Sith raid or the ability to solo nearly any team in the game.

Let's assume EVERY member of the guild had GL Rey, how much increased rewards would that add to the guild for a once a month event?

I've tried rey in PvE content. Currently the ONLY PvE content that she adds value to is LSTB. Kylo adds value to DSTB and raids. Plus now Kylo is PvP god as well. They were supposed to bring balance to the force, not destroy it entirely!
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    SLKR has 28 more base speed than Rey and now ALSO gets +30 speed from his leadership. It’s only fair to increase Rey’s base stats to put her base speed on par with Kylo’s now.

@TVF Rey isn’t even a guaranteed 4/4 in light side Geo TB. If your tank loses taunt and Droideka gets one good hit on your R7 Rey it can literally take her from full prot and full HP to dead.

If you think Rey is even close to as good as SLKR from a total game perspective at this point, honestly, I have to laugh at you. Total denial in the face of indisputable and substantial evidence to the contrary.

• littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    SLKR has 28 more base speed than Rey and now ALSO gets +30 speed from his leadership. It’s only fair to increase Rey’s base stats to put her base speed on par with Kylo’s now.

TVF Rey isn’t even a guaranteed 4/4 in light side Geo TB. If your tank loses taunt and Droideka gets one good hit on your R7 Rey it can literally take her from full prot and full HP to dead.

If you think Rey is even close to as good as SLKR from a total game perspective at this point, honestly, I have to laugh at you. Total denial in the face of indisputable and substantial evidence to the contrary.

unknown.png
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options

TVF Rey isn’t even a guaranteed 4/4 in light side Geo TB. If your tank loses taunt and Droideka gets one good hit on your R7 Rey it can literally take her from full prot and full HP to dead.

unknown.png

This is only the case because after the initial releases of Galactic Legend kits, there was UNANIMOUS agreement that Rey would be the better Galactic Legend. So most people started developing their Resistance faction to get GL Rey.

You just proved nothing because SLKR has been buffed time and time again now and GL Rey has not which is why this thread exists in the first place. Screenshot this same report in 2-3 months if nothing changes to Rey and I GUARANTEE you that SLKR will be in the top spot by a substantial margin.
  • TVF
    36707 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

@TVF Rey isn’t even a guaranteed 4/4 in light side Geo TB. If your tank loses taunt and Droideka gets one good hit on your R7 Rey it can literally take her from full prot and full HP to dead.

Nauros wrote: »
    no PvE utility

Just putting this here again.

If you aren't succeeding with her in LS Geo, you're doing something wrong. And nowhere did I say anything at all about her overall total gameplay. And Rey also gets +30 speed. So try again.
  • TVF
    36707 posts Member
    Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    LS Geo isn't PvE? OK.

If I could use Gl rey in 3 or 4 battles in LSTB per phase, maybe that would make her worth it. But let's be honest, getting an extra 4/4 per phase, once a month, in NO WAY compares to the ability to solo the heroic Sith raid or the ability to solo nearly any team in the game.

Let's assume EVERY member of the guild had GL Rey, how much increased rewards would that add to the guild for a once a month event?

I've tried rey in PvE content. Currently the ONLY PvE content that she adds value to is LSTB. Kylo adds value to DSTB and raids. Plus now Kylo is PvP god as well. They were supposed to bring balance to the force, not destroy it entirely!

Go read the comment I replied to again.
  • Jarvind
    3929 posts Member
    Options
    SLKR has been buffed time and time again now

Er, by which you mean "once?"
  • Options
    I have SLK with ulti for about 2 weeks and i'm not gonna lie,i was looking forward for this buff,but i think CG over did it with all dark side allys can't be criticaly hitted if they have advantage,SLK alone would have been enough to recive that also the 30 speed should have been there from the start.
  • Options

Im afraid I have to laugh at you. Base speed doesn't mean **** coz no one is stupid to use gls at Gear 1. Reys speed at g13 is higher than kylo. Not to mention her health and protect combined make her healthier, so in terms of stats she has the edge, although kylo does ramp up the damage quite quickly.

In Arena terms, Rey and kylo are about equal on offense. Post kylo buff, both are still able to beat the other. But rey holds much better on defense. I run an average drevan team and get demolished by rey, but can easily take out fully r7 gl kylos. In both GA and TW the consensus is that Rey is the harder team to take out.

While its true that kylo can solo the raid, I don't think that's as consequential. If you have unlocked a GL, chances are you are able to solo the sith raid with your roster anyway, or that it's no longer a challenge for your guild. It doesn't really matter that much that he can solo it.

Like TVF said if you can't get 4/4 with rey she's not the problem you are
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    my only concern is that when Rey is in ultimate stance and kylo does his aoe it counts as critical hits even though they do 1 damage only. @CG_SBCrumb is that supposed to happen? he can spam ultimate and aoe on loop. seems weird that 1 damage counts as critical hits