Didn't anyone else expect the galactic legends to work with their factions only?

Honestly why aren't the galactic legends mainly focused on their own factions? Why do they need to borrow characters from previous metas to be good?
Like why is malak still in the meta, or chewbacca and general kenobi? I thought the game was moving to the right direction when it started forcing a team to stay it's own faction like Darth revan and GAS and they were not as good when they were using other non faction characters in the team.

In my opinion (not a popular one) both rey and kylo should get another update to their kit that makes them better with their own faction and little bit worse with other characters, just like gas and Darth revan,

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Galactic Legends will be some of the most powerful characters in Galaxy of Heroes and will have several unique mechanics. We want these characters to plug and play into many different teams but also have a specific squad that they are particularly well suited for. For example, Galactic Legend Rey could lead a great Resistance squad due to several abilities that affect Resistance units but could also work well with just about any light side squad as she has abilities that also directly target all Light Side characters.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223442/what-are-galactic-legends
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They were designed to have a long lasting effectiveness, that means like other to come before they are plug and play, and not faction specific.
  • LordDirt
    5025 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Reading comprehension is your friend. If they were just like others and only good with their faction they wouldnt be GLs.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Honestly why aren't the galactic legends mainly focused on their own factions? Why do they need to borrow characters from previous metas to be good?
    Like why is malak still in the meta, or chewbacca and general kenobi? I thought the game was moving to the right direction when it started forcing a team to stay it's own faction like Darth revan and GAS and they were not as good when they were using other non faction characters in the team.

In my opinion (not a popular one) both rey and kylo should get another update to their kit that makes them better with their own faction and little bit worse with other characters, just like gas and Darth revan,

Just my opinion but I honestly preferred it when teams were made out of different characters and you weren't forced to use a fixed 501st or SE team to be relevant. Dictating the meta so strictly like CG has done from Jrevan's release up till now has been abit stifling for me, and I prefer when there is less faction based synergy because that allows room for more theory crafting, and the matches don't become a bore
  • Darth_DeVito
    1234 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Nevermind.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I agree with you. It annoys me to see Malak Drevan Bastilla back again with GL Kylo

In the past, I already spent countless fights killing them in arena with my GG cheese droid team and now they are back with Kylo -_-

They dont want to disappear from arena :/
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah plug and play should have been unique character that can fit in other team. In case of GL, by doing this leadership so strong it is the opposite effet. Every character is now a plug and play one in the GL team.

Again i really dont know who is working in game design in the company. It is really one of the worst I ever saw. Really going worst and worst every day.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Galactic Legends will be some of the most powerful characters in Galaxy of Heroes and will have several unique mechanics. We want these characters to plug and play into many different teams but also have a specific squad that they are particularly well suited for. For example, Galactic Legend Rey could lead a great Resistance squad due to several abilities that affect Resistance units but could also work well with just about any light side squad as she has abilities that also directly target all Light Side characters.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223442/what-are-galactic-legends

(Don't get me wrong this is not a complain post)

My bad I should had been more specific about it, I mostly meant their leadership, sure they want them as plug and play like thrawn, wat, wampa, raid han, hermit yoda, CLS, etc. But why is there leadership that strong for all light/dark side characters, I was expecting their unique and abilities to be used as plug and play and not their leadership, which has caused all these older characters back into the meta even tho they have nothing to do with each faction. In my opinion their leadership should had been halved for other allies that are not from their faction just like Rex.

If these characters are gonna be plug in and play characters than what's the next meta? 900 base speed 1 million health and protection and can cause the team to route and escape the battle if they don't have a galactic legend present in their group?
    Yes these characters will still be the second or third best teams but they will clearly won't be in next meta, I just don't see CG sell us 4 characters for the next meta when they can as usual sell us 5 characters.

I didnt think it was a complaint, but you asked if anyone expected them to not be what they stated they would be.......

I know you have it in your head they will just go away in the next shift, but it's just not likely to happen.

There are many ways to make a new team that would utilize them not in the lead, and they do not need to be as crazy as you say.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

(Don't get me wrong this is not a complain post)

My bad I should had been more specific about it, I mostly meant their leadership, sure they want them as plug and play like thrawn, wat, wampa, raid han, hermit yoda, CLS, etc. But why is there leadership that strong for all light/dark side characters, I was expecting their unique and abilities to be used as plug and play and not their leadership, which has caused all these older characters back into the meta even tho they have nothing to do with each faction. In my opinion their leadership should had been halved for other allies that are not from their faction just like Rex.

If these characters are gonna be plug in and play characters than what's the next meta? 900 base speed 1 million health and protection and can cause the team to route and escape the battle if they don't have a galactic legend present in their group?
    Yes these characters will still be the second or third best teams but they will clearly won't be in next meta, I just don't see CG sell us 4 characters for the next meta when they can as usual sell us 5 characters.

I didnt think it was a complaint, but you asked if anyone expected them to not be what they stated they would be.......

I know you have it in your head they will just go away in the next shift, but it's just not likely to happen.

There are many ways to make a new team that would utilize them not in the lead, and they do not need to be as crazy as you say.

Obviously lol, it was just an exaggeration as I'm sure you know.
    I don't mind them if they stay, that just makes them free to play and everyone that didn't spend will be able to get in on the meta, which would be quite opposite of what CG has done for a long time now, I'm just saying the new character to dethrone these 2 needs to be just as crazy in terms of its abilities and stats, otherwise they will just be adding 1 character to light and darkside as a marquee that would give an edge to the current meta every now and than, and that's not as much as profitable as adding 6 new characters that have to be bought by most players every like 5 to 6 months I think that's usually when meta jumps

Having 1 toon does not a meta make. Many toons have lasted into and out of metas throughout the history of the game.

A long time?...

Other than the 2 revans (DR more than JKR), what previous meta was all new toons? Treya before that there was plenty of time to build up the other team members while doing the raid, but even that it was only the key 3.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Would you mind looking at my question and answering it?

Many of the recent metas have used toons that have been in game for a while, mostly using 1 or 2 key toons to make them work.

I get that not everyone is an older player, but many toons required are easily farmable, yes they do weave in several toons along the way to unlock and build around. Yes each tier of event requires more toons than the lower tiers.

None of that is proof that they will wipe these GLs off the map for the next meta.
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    Options

[...] I know you have it in your head they will just go away in the next shift, but it's just not likely to happen.

Hello there, please don't bury my hopes for the next wave of GLs to wipe out those sequel toons for good! :D