Benefits of relics for non-attacking characters?

My C-3PO is currently r2. Beyond extra health and armor, what are the benefits to further upgrading this character? His relics show boosts for damage and crit chance, but how does that matter? Does that apply when he’s calling for assists? Same with HYoda. It seems like I use these characters’ basic abilities more often than anything and they are easy to hide in a battle, so again, what’s the benefit of upgrading to relic 7?

(I didn’t see this as a question about character strategy, but sorry if I’m posting in the wrong chat)

Replies

• Options
    No, those stats of the relics are wasted for those characters. You will only benefit from the other stats like Health, Protection, Potence, etc.
  • Options
    All characters benefit from being taken to g13, but as you’ve noticed the benefit certain characters get from relic levels is not consistent.

Attackers, tanks and some healers are the priority I’d say.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    more tanky, nothing else
    3PO is taken to g13 (+relics) just to survive GAS AoE's and in LS Geo TB
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • kiar1404
    241 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    or not getting guard in a CLS-Team with Chewbacca

• Options
    Cool. Thanks for the replies. Doesn’t seem to make much sense to have relic abilities that don’t actually apply to the character, but hey it’s basically +3000 health for every additional relic. I think I’ll pass for now, knowing that an r7 3PO will likely be part of the requirements for a major character unlock down the road (Jedi Luke!?)
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    kiar1404 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    or not getting guard in a CLS-Team with Chewbacca

Well, his HP and especially protection pool is so high that's it's nearly impossible to make him the weakest one. At g12 and 3 protection primaries my 3PO is already sitting at ~114k HP/prot and far exceeding the ~85k HP/prot of my r1 CLS.
    Post edited by Legend91 on
  • Options
    But if you take your CLS to r5,r6,r7 he will likely surpass 3po.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Cool. Thanks for the replies. Doesn’t seem to make much sense to have relic abilities that don’t actually apply to the character, but hey it’s basically +3000 health for every additional relic. I think I’ll pass for now, knowing that an r7 3PO will likely be part of the requirements for a major character unlock down the road (Jedi Luke!?)

Mastery bonuses are based on the character's role and primary stat, not the character itself. Only g12 finishers are tailored to that specific character.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    But if you take your CLS to r5,r6,r7 he will likely surpass 3po.

From r1 to r7 CLS gets ~16.5k additional HP and since my CLS has nearly no additional HP from mods I can simply add that 16.5k to the ~85k pool which would let him sit at 101.5k HP/prot. Still not even close to the 114k of 3PO (3 protection primaries) or 104.5k (potency cross).