Is the community going crazy? ... and thanks for JKL, looking forward to it

Prev13
Basti4SWGOH
135 posts Member
edited October 2020
Probably not making many friends with this at the moment, but no, i wont follow the community rant on the AhnaldT topic and definitely not on the "JKL" critics.

First, and I am fully honest on this - I play the game because I have fun playing this game.
If I don't have fun anymore playing the game, I will stop playing the game. Simple as that.
I definitely do not play this game because some "content creator" put videos on youtube about a game.
And I do not care about the "AhnaldT101" issue. If he was using a shared account which he never officially owned, ok, bad move maybe by him ..
I don't care if he gets back this account or not .. not my cup of tea, they can and should sort this out 1:1..

From my POV he tends to demand to much "power" and influence and SWGOH and is getting a bit too cocky on a game he
- does not owe, develop, nor is he in any means an employee of CG. In which galaxy should he receive an official apology .. for what.. using a shared account which was officially never his? come on....

Having said that, I am not happy in all aspects of the game, and communication and especially roadmap development should be vastly improved, and yes cheating should be a RED LINE .. always CG!

But what really does not get into my mind .. they finally announce JKL .. and people start getting crazy: "this is the end of SWGOH", boycott JKL, Community is ignored, game is dying .. etc.

I personally looking forward to finally seeing JKL entering the game after all this years.. and I AM HAPPY About this.
THX for this!

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Is the community crazy... or is CG just lazy?

Which is a bigger concern - CG’s treatment of the game or how the community is reacting to CG’s apparent lack of excellence for this game?
  • Delvorin
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure you understand what people are saying about the Ahnald situation. I'd say most agree with you, that he shouldn't get his account back as he violated the ToS. The issue is giving people preferential treatment. So, it's more about wanting to keep cheaters and other violators banned, not giving any one person an exception.

With Jedi Luke, the issue isn't that he got released. We all want him. But the problem is the timing of it. Definitely feels like they hit the panic button to try and appease or distract the community from the issues we want resolved. Just giving us another paywall especially when GL rey and kylo were released not that long ago seems like a slap in the face. But we don't know the details and should wait to find out how he'd be released. The bigger issue is there are so many things they need to fix or add to the game before releasing a character that we know will be amazing.

If you're happy about this, that's great. Enjoy the game, have fun. No ones telling you you're wrong to feel the way you do. But at least understand where many in the community are coming from rather than trying to criticize them because if majority feel this way about CG, that does impact you and the future of the game.
  • Options
    The problem is CG sucking up to cheaters just because they are whales. If you open your ears and listen instead of hearing what you want to hear you would know that. Even ahnald said he is fine with them banning that account but they won't ban whales who actually cheat.

If you can't see the problem I don't know what to tell you.
  • Darion
    75 posts Member
    Options
    Probably not making many friends with this at the moment, but no, i wont follow the community rant on the AhnaldT topic and definitely not on the "JKL" critics.

First, and I am fully honest on this - I play the game because I have fun playing this game.
    If I don't have fun anymore playing the game, I will stop playing the game. Simple as that.
    I definitely do not play this game because some "content creator" put videos on youtube about a game.
    And I do not care about the "AhnaldT101" issue. If he was using a shared account which he never officially owned, ok, bad move maybe by him ..
    I don't care if he gets back this account or not .. not my cup of tea, they can and should sort this out 1:1..

From my POV he tends to demand to much "power" and influence and SWGOH and is getting a bit too cocky on a game he
    - does not owe, develop, nor is he in any means an employee of CG. In which galaxy should he receive an official apology .. for what.. using a shared account which was officially never his? come on....

Having said that, I am not happy in all aspects of the game, and communication and especially roadmap development should be vastly improved, and yes cheating should be a RED LINE .. always CG!

But what really does not get into my mind .. they finally announce JKL .. and people start getting crazy: "this is the end of SWGOH", boycott JKL, Community is ignored, game is dying .. etc.

I personally looking forward to finally seeing JKL entering the game after all this years.. and I AM HAPPY About this.
    THX for this!

@Basti4SWGOH I think you have a fair opinion, I think a lot of day one players have a lot of growing resentment towards the game due to what comes across as multiple offences:

- Drastic drop in content output (modes, characters)
    - the content that is being produced just comes across as low effort (rock/paper/scissors) with the intention of being high pay to complete (namely GL events, GAS wasn't that great either) especially when you consider how incredible that CLS event was, old Ben dying.
    - the last q&a (we aren't owed anything but the fact that PvP isn't even on the agenda given their top competitors have it), delayed road aheads, comments about there being a framework issue and then saying there isn't then saying there is in the construction delay
    - postponing content with respect to galactic Republic because they wanted to do the GL events
    - once again we aren't owed anything but holiday gifts to holiday packs, not saying we are owed it but MSF gives out character shards like they're candy on halloween

And I am sure if I made this post any longer than it already is I could rattle off 10 other things but the major point being I agree with you he shouldn't get his account back, no cheating and so on...

But I do think some of the distrust, angst, anger at CG is fair and understandable and I think the JKL issue the community has is that you're slapping a JKL sized bandaid on what has snowballed into huge floodgates, also I think it stems from major concerns because they said multiple times the green lightsaber Luke is the pinnacle moment for this game.
  • Options
    Delvorin wrote: »
    With Jedi Luke, the issue isn't that he got released. We all want him. But the problem is the timing of it. Definitely feels like they hit the panic button to try and appease or distract the community from the issues we want resolved. Just giving us another paywall especially when GL rey and kylo were released not that long ago seems like a slap in the face. But we don't know the details and should wait to find out how he'd be released. The bigger issue is there are so many things they need to fix or add to the game before releasing a character that we know will be amazing.
    Except they told us in the construction delayed post last month that there was a major character release coming
    Absolutely no way ahnaldt is such a threat to cg that they'd rush out jkl in a week because of his ban.
  • Options
    I would imagine almost nobody is completely happy with the game, almost no remaining player is completely unhappy with the game. Players who are calling for changes are addressing specific issues they want improved or changed. I don't think their positions are all that different from OP's positions.

As for end of swgoh stuff, I think it's simply a way of articulating the question "What does the release of long awaited Jedi Luke mean for the game?". Is he meant to be a meta toon for six month and then relegated to hall of the very good like previous meta? Is he designed to take up a role that's unique in someway compared to previous releases? I'm sure you'd agree that positioning Jedi Luke in the game isn't like other toons. We've understood this to be the reason for swgoh not having the most iconic Star Wars hero in the game for five years. And lot of people imagined when Jedi Luke is released it will be kraken raid or Galactic Ascension magnified as it is one of the most, if not the most, monetizable toon in the lore. We know it's not a raid (at least not as we've seen it in the past). It's hard to imagine another GL style unlock so soon. So what does that mean?
  • Options
    They have been hinting at new modes since last fall in Q&A’s, and I get they nixed all of the ideas we thought they were working on but maybe they just have something totally different? I really don’t think the community will be excited about a stand alone JKL release. But releasing him alongside announcing some new mode or real content? Everyone will go crazy (good way) and that’s what I’m hoping for / expecting. I also bet he will not be a pay wall, but a forced long term farm. We will see Monday.

P.S. GL Vader is absolutely coming along side or right after him
  • TioMono
    25 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Realized after posting someone else already made my point.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    I guess the “Stay and Play” strategy wasn’t working for CG?

:: Throws Hail Mary pass ::

[ ] gets it

OP, I completely agree. People have been begging for Jedi Luke since before cls was released, now they get him and are complaining. The thought that CG is somehow quickly releasing Luke bc of this ahnold thing is one of the more laughably insane theories the forums have come up with, and that's saying something. Hopefully the new delivery system they have been working on will be launched soon and we will have more content as well. Just lol @ the idea CG is going to kill the golden goose now, or ever, really
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Soz58
    108 posts Member
    Options
    For me it has nothing to do with content creators, this is still just another character (a very good one I’m sure)... it’s about CG saying there will be a ton of new content and now the year is almost half over and only a few new characters.... and we all know Luke will be hidden behind an enormous pay wall
  • Damodamo
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    @Basti4SWGOH well said, well said.

Jkl is more interesting to me than ahnauld, end of discussion
  • Options
    If Luke (and Vader?) get a 3-month rollout like Rey and Kylo did, then it will be 6 months between GLs, which isn't too soon for a meta shift (although I hope there will be relative parity between GLs and less power creep). It may also be close to the time we see another raid. Time will tell. I'm excited and willing to wait, but like many others, I want more content because I really enjoy the game and want it to thrive. The sooner the better.
  • Ruprecht
    112 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I agree with OP.
    Ahnald was caught account sharing and that account was banned rightly so.
    Don't get me wrong, I like his videos and he's a funny guy but he's in the wrong here
    And suddenly shining light on them letting cheaters back in the game was just a low blow
    He lost all my respect for him by doing so.
    C'mon you got caught now deal with it like a man.
    But calling out to the community so that they hate CG even more is so childish, it's ridiculous.
    You don't have to use someone else's mega account anyway, just make videos with normal accounts. I prefer such videos anyway, because most of us can relate to them.
    That being said, of course I want cheaters to be punished.
    I hope they're doing it usually and since I don't know the specifics about that case, I give them the benefit of the doubt.
    As to the new Luke, I don't care much about Luke the self proclaimed Jedi anyway.
    But they already announced a big character arriving before the Ahnald situation.
    I just don't see the connection to "Empire Strikes Back" and the celebration.
    I'm still waiting for content for that movie.
    Oh and as for new content and road aheads in general, yeah I'd like to get that but nowadays nothing is normal and it might have to do with the virus situation, who knows.
    But maybe they're just lazy, that's possible, too.
    We won't know until they start communicating again, they're lacking at this indeed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ruprecht wrote: »
    I agree with OP.
    Don't get me wrong, I like his videos and he's a funny guy but he's in the wrong here
    And suddenly shining light on them letting cheaters back in the game was just a low blow
    But calling out to the community so that they hate CG even more is so childish, it's ridiculous.
    You don't have to use someone else's mega account anyway, just make videos with normal accounts. I prefer such videos anyway, because most of us can relate to them.
    That's being said, of course I want cheaters to be punished.
    I hope they're doing it usually and since I don't know the specifics about that case, I give them the benefit of the doubt.
    As to the new Luke, I don't care much about Luke the self proclaimed Jedi anyway.
    But they already announced a big character arriving before the Ahnald situation.
    Oh and as for new content and road aheads in general, yeah I'd like to get that but nowadays nothing is normal and it might have to do with the virus situation, who knows.
    We won't know until they start communicating again, they're lacking at this indeed.

Fight fire with fire, it's a good thing he shined the light on how they deal with cheaters, I couldn't give 2 shites about what happened to his account, but I'm glad he exposed CG corruption

It would be nice if he shared the whole story, but then it wouldnt be as effective towards his purpose.
  • TVF
    36644 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pleasantly surprised to see there's still some rational thinkers on the forum.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ruprecht
    112 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Yeah we benefit from the situation, most of us weren't aware of things like that.
    But he only did it to get back to them. That speaks for his character.
    And all they did is ban the account he got from someone else.
    It's not fighting fire with fire, it's using fire as retaliation because they rightfully took something away from him.
    I like knowing about the bargaining with cheaters, but how and why he did it, it just shows bad character.
  • Ruprecht
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I agree with OP.

Fight fire with fire, it's a good thing he shined the light on how they deal with cheaters, I couldn't give 2 shites about what happened to his account, but I'm glad he exposed CG corruption

It would be nice if he shared the whole story, but then it wouldnt be as effective towards his purpose.

Exactly what I meant, we don't know the specifics of that case.
    Only that he was allowed back into the game.
  • Options
    Thank you! Finally a sensible post that does reflect the opinions of lot of us. Just because we are not posting doesn't mean we are with Ahnald. Don't really care about that guy.
  • Darion
    75 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with OP.
    That being said, of course I want cheaters to be punished.

You know I hadn't really considered the position but yeah @Bulldog1205 posted his video on the bans nearly a month before and he didn't bring it up... He did wait till he was personally attacked to post his cheating video
  • NasRegal
    142 posts Member
    Options
    I'm on the Galactic Legend Luke bus.
    I've wanted him in game since forever, I can't wait.
    If they add a GL Vader too?
    Even better.
    I'll be scrambling for these two before I get Rey (I'm almost ready for Kylo)
    Bring on the original Legends and the happiness they'll bring too.
  • Options
    If we exercise some common sense,yes he shoudnt get that account back,i believe most ppl understand that,but it just brought out in the open again the ongoing cheating and all other major problems of the game,it was just the cherry on the top.That is like 0 communication,they never listen to what the playerbase want,0 new actual content,content that is playable for the majority and not only 2k players,the delays in the road ahead and who knows what else.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with OP.

Pot meet kettle.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    I agree with OP.

It would be nice if you shared the whole story as well 😉

Too expensive...
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm pleasantly surprised to see there's still some rational thinkers on the forum.

It's not for you to decide what is or isn't rational. That's the area of opinion. Not fact.
    I think that many of us can agree that hacking or cheating is at the heart of Ahnald-gate and to negotiate with cheaters is pretty shady practice.