Hermit Yoda

Prev1
Zynkin
53 posts Member
When Hermit Yoda was released we were promised it wouldnt be a required character for anything in the future.

I guess we are operating under: "We have altered the deal, pray we dont alter it any further"

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Zynkin wrote: »
    When Hermit Yoda was released we were promised it wouldnt be a required character for anything in the future.

I guess we are operating under: "We have altered the deal, pray we dont alter it any further"

Can you show a quote for that please?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Sure!

Took some digging but I found this one..

"

😜
  • Options
    It is going to be hard to find that post since it was made years ago...
  • Options
    Is Hoda being a requirement for something really worth whining over? The toon is several years old
  • Options
    The issue ends up being, older players who ignored him and now do Geo TBs will have a hard time getting him and newer players who are zone focused on GAS and Malak will have a hard time getting him.
    Either way, its the player who made the mistake
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Anariodin wrote: »
    It is going to be hard to find that post since it was made years ago...

Wasnt it in an interview with a game changer or podcast
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    If you don’t have the star requirement there isn’t much to be said...besides “git gud nub”.

Since only way how you can get this (GET1) Character is "Play longer", it has nothing at all with being good or bad. So "git brain nub".
  • LordDirt
    5045 posts Member
    Options
    ShawDou wrote: »
    If you don’t have the star requirement there isn’t much to be said...besides “git gud nub”.

Since only way how you can get this (GET1) Character is "Play longer", it has nothing at all with being good or bad. So "git brain nub".

The pack in the store says otherwise. ;)
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

So it’s “git rich nub”
    Hahaha
  • Options
    Everyone that has them says "you are dumb if you don't have them" everyone that doesn't have them says "it's not fair". I say who cares. The kit stinks, no rebel synergy on one of the 3 most iconic rebels in the franchise? I don't have either Hoda or Wampa and I honestly don't care. Go relic 5 or 6 useless characters to get 1 character for a dead faction (jedi) and have fun with that. Just shut up about it please. CG does not care about either the haves or the have nots. This is all just smoke and mirrors to make us talk about Luke for 2 weeks and not about the toilet the game is in right now. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    Did anyone think that an end-game luke would not require Hoda?

Even if they made the statement 4 years ago, it isn't an absurd change.

Mind-blower: the next Vader will require Vader AND EP AND JKA AND Tarkin AND CLS, well I'll stop there with 3 seconds of thought.

CUBSFAN did call it on Lando ROLO Wampa and Capt. Han.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Oh yea one time purchase of 12 shards will really help you a lot :D
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

That’s not a thing iirc
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    I remember them making a very specific promise. Like that he wouldn’t be required for a legendary event or heroes journey. Whichever it was, they left themselves wiggle room to backtrack, as they always do. They never make iron clad statements or promises about the game.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    Correction, except for the promise that we’d never get a Porkins or Bikini Leia.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    Options

We cant show quote since forum will not let us search that far into past. But there are several post where it was mentioned already long time ago like this one:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182165/new-heros-journey
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

We cant show quote since forum will not let us search that far into past. But there are several post where it was mentioned already long time ago like this one:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182165/new-heros-journey

Nothing there supports your claim.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Because as i explained in that post, it is pretty much impossible to find because forum does not have functionality to do so, i just posted oldest one i could find that claimed Dev said that.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Because as i explained in that post, it is pretty much impossible to find because forum does not have functionality to do so, i just posted oldest one i could find that claimed Dev said that.

No dev said anything in that thread. It's a waste of time.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

No dev said anything in that thread. It's a waste of time.

“Oldest one I could find that claimed a dev said that”

He never said a dev actually said it, but the oldest thread available that claimed a dev said it. I get you’re so quick to protect and dismiss anything that could blemish the already tarnished reputation of CG further, but at least try to do it when it makes sense.
  • Options
    Arguing with trolls is also a waste of time.
  • Options
    This event and the C3PO event have no right to complain.
    All toons were available for farm. I have a practically 100% F2P account with 3 and a half years of play and all toons are under the requirement of 7 stars beaten.

Obviously I won't be able to catch him now but compared to the legends, this event is a dream.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    Options
    camper288 wrote: »
    This event and the C3PO event have no right to complain.
    All toons were available for farm. I have a practically 100% F2P account with 3 and a half years of play and all toons are under the requirement of 7 stars beaten.

Obviously I won't be able to catch him now but compared to the legends, this event is a dream.

Compared to the legends, this event has 3 characters that you cant speed farm no matter how much you invest into the game. So any players newer than lets say 2 years will probably does not have them, and will take agest for them to get them, since they no longer farm ROLO in Hoth and they invested tons of GET1 to GAS and/or Malak.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    sry, but complaining about hermit? he was and is quite useful under JKR, so thats really nothing to complain about. he is a good toon!

relic 3 some rubbish toons is more to complain about...