The reason JKL has no Rebel tag is the same reason Rey isn't a Jedi

Prev1
He'd just be too strong for their Liking.

That's literally it. JKL with Rebel Synergy would destroy the living hell out of GLs even without his Lead's speed adaptation, and god forbid something is stronger than the 2 GLs other than GAS maybe, and even he is continuously gated to not be THAT strong. I remind you they gave SL Kylo some pretty overwhelming buffs just because GAS was getting a little ahead.

It's a question of power balance, simple as that. Wouldn't be the first time they did it, won't be the last.

Replies

• Options
    So I'm assuming the same cls lineup but with JLS instead. Is that really that powerful? Rebels arent exactly a primo group.
  • Options
    CLS can already deal with GAS and deal some pretty moderate damage to both GLs on first try, supposedly Old Ben is used.

Apparently (I say Apparently as I found this out after I made this post) CG has admitted that they distribute tags, or remove them, based on power balance more than story correctness.

They did it with Vet Han and Chewie, they did it with Rey and they done did it with Luke now.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Are you...upset, op? Or just explaining?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Just explaining.

If I was Upset, this post would be bigger than their entire Q&A as I tend to be descriptive with my rants.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Fair enough.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    JKL is just an intermediary character anyway.
    He will be required for GL Luke and GL Vader which will come next
  • Options
    We all know they won't test him and he will have to be nerfed.
  • Options
    Then design his kit to work with rebels without being overpowering.
  • Options

CG; ****, why didn't we just... uh... think of this instead! Oh my god, Bulldog, you are an absolute Genius! Einstein envies your intellect! /s
  • Options

What GL Luke and Vader.
    Any time CG has made a character a different version of the same character they've been visually distinct from the other version somehow. Rey changes her clothes and weapon, Kylo goes from having a mask and a hood to having no mask, to having a mask but no hood. You can tell at a glance which version of Kylo you're fighting. GS has clone wars armored pauldrons on, JKA does not.

If this version of Luke had been wearing this
    latest?cb=20110113181757
    From the beginning of ROTJ, I'd say okay so there's a GL version of Luke coming later that is wearing the outfit from the end of the movie when he duels Vader, peak Luke Skywalker, right?
    But instead we're getting the Luke from the end of the movie, what version would be visually distinct from this version that would be the GL then?
    After that we basically have Hermit Luke from TLJ, which would be more sequel trilogy garbage.
    We're not getting any OT GL's, they want to shove sequel trilogy trash down our throats.
    It's CG telling us "get Rey or Kylo and like the Sequel movies or be obsolete"

• Options

Or make him a GL and let him be OP like Kylo and Rey so at least there's something for us that hate the sequel trilogy.
    If I have no feasible way to compete against Rey or Kylo for the forseeable future what the hell do I have to look forward to?
  • Options
    MemeMaster wrote: »

CG; ****, why didn't we just... uh... think of this instead! Oh my god, Bulldog, you are an absolute Genius! Einstein envies your intellect! /s

It’s literally their job. If they wanted to, they could have.
  • Options
    Jedi Knight (like his father) Luke is not a Rebel. FFS. What a joke. Have these folks at CG even seen the OT?

Jesus.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, another Luke will be a GL.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Malevolan wrote: »

What GL Luke and Vader.
    Any time CG has made a character a different version of the same character they've been visually distinct from the other version somehow. Rey changes her clothes and weapon, Kylo goes from having a mask and a hood to having no mask, to having a mask but no hood. You can tell at a glance which version of Kylo you're fighting. GS has clone wars armored pauldrons on, JKA does not.

latest?cb=20110113181757
    From the beginning of ROTJ, I'd say okay so there's a GL version of Luke coming later that is wearing the outfit from the end of the movie when he duels Vader, peak Luke Skywalker, right?
    But instead we're getting the Luke from the end of the movie, what version would be visually distinct from this version that would be the GL then?
    After that we basically have Hermit Luke from TLJ, which would be more sequel trilogy garbage.
    We're not getting any OT GL's, they want to shove sequel trilogy trash down our throats.

I’m not a SW nerd, so I’ll prob get this wrong, but maybe they still can release this Luke with the black shirt all closed and then release a Luke with part of the black shirt open, exposing the white that relates to the end of ROTJ?

We're getting the open flap version already, and really the flap only comes loose after he gets zapped by Palpatine.

• Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Yep, another Luke will be a GL.

again I ask you, what version?
    or are they going to make him visually identical (They haven't in the past), which would be confusing to people who use both versions in the same squad.
  • LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Jedi Master Luke, could base his look off of him in Episode 8 when he had built his Jedi academy.

Event does say his journey continues. Doesnt say it is over.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Doesn't make it any less disappointing. If anything he's still more rebel than Jedi at that point in the lore.
  • Options
    For the same reason, good luck coming up with a GL vader that looks distinct from the one we have now. The only other Vader we could really get is a Fallen Anakin Skywalker "Darth Vader" maybe dressed up in the hooded cloak the way he was when he marched on the Jedi Temple and slaughtered the Separatist leaders.
  • Options

What GL Luke and Vader.

latest?cb=20110113181757

I’m not a SW nerd, so I’ll prob get this wrong, but maybe they still can release this Luke with the black shirt all closed and then release a Luke with part of the black shirt open, exposing the white that relates to the end of ROTJ?

We're getting the open flap version already, and really the flap only comes loose after he gets zapped by Palpatine.

Told ya I’d get it wrong hahaha

I tried though

To be fair I had to watch the duel again to see if the flap was done up or not during the duel, for some reason him having the flap down is kind of an iconic image, and the one they use for this character.

• VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options

What GL Luke and Vader.

latest?cb=20110113181757

I tried though

To be fair I had to watch the duel again to see if the flap was done up or not during the duel, for some reason him having the flap down is kind of an iconic image, and the one they use for this character.

LMAO you guys are discussing a flap hahahahahaha
  • Options
    VaderB1 wrote: »

What GL Luke and Vader.

latest?cb=20110113181757

I tried though

LMAO you guys are discussing a flap hahahahahaha

Trying to figure out how a GL Luke would be since each version of a character is visually distinct from other versions.
    I don't think there will be a GL Luke since we're getting peak Luke as a non GL.
  • Zax9999
    69 posts Member
    Options

Sorry bulldog their job is to make a balanced game that is enjoyable. I think this character will really balance out the game making for a possible to use other characters to counter GL’s and just adds a lot of possibles with theory crafting. Where as enjoyable they have failed let’s hope the road ahead fixes that but I don’t have high hopes
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Zax9999 wrote: »

Sorry bulldog their job is to make a balanced game that is enjoyable. I think this character will really balance out the game making for a possible to use other characters to counter GL’s and just adds a lot of possibles with theory crafting. Where as enjoyable they have failed let’s hope the road ahead fixes that but I don’t have high hopes

You're right. They haven't been able to do this for 4+ years, but this time they got it right.

Yeah, no.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

They could do all that while still accurately representing the most iconic character in Star Wars. Give him synergy with some of the characters he actually worked with. I just looked real quick. ROLO, Captain Han, Ackba, C3PO, Lando all have a cooldown reduction mechanics. There’s something they could have played on to bring back some irrelevant characters while assembling some teams we would love that fit into lore. Instead we are getting Jedi synergies that make no sense.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Because they have a 5 day plan - not a 5 year one. And the next 5 day plan is not in any way connected or related to the previous one(s).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Jedi Luke won't contribute much of anything to GL counters using non GL characters. His lead does not affect GL's.

• Options

They could do all that while still accurately representing the most iconic character in Star Wars. Give him synergy with some of the characters he actually worked with. I just looked real quick. ROLO, Captain Han, Ackba, C3PO, Lando all have a cooldown reduction mechanics. There’s something they could have played on to bring back some irrelevant characters while assembling some teams we would love that fit into lore. Instead we are getting Jedi synergies that make no sense.

I was honestly just looking at this character's kit and thinking if you replaced the word "Jedi" With "Rebel" he suddenly becomes a much better and more useful character. Han running with +30% crit chance and granting him 100% counter chance and ignoring defense? Insane damage from that, and Han usually isn't run very fast so that speed equalization would really help him and Chewie keep up. You'd be stealing from CLS much in the same way that Rey might be stealing Resistance characters from JTR, but then CLS can either run with JKLS or CLS becomes a lead for characters like ROLO and CHOLO and Lando and such.
    It'd have been better to preserve padme, JKR, and 501st squads and then just have a better rebel squad and then a "tier 2" rebel squad, maybe something to make Rebels viable in Geo TB, right now they're too glass cannon. Designing Luke to make rebels viable in Geo TB would have been a much better plan than yet another way of stripping away vital characters from Padme, 501st, and JKR teams.