Chewie #5

Prev13
Mitch08
302 posts Member
This one is kind of hilarious.
With all the speculation after CWC was the login, in my guild we made tons of joke's about the character that would follow and C3P0 chewie was the biggest joke. Happy to have the character, but really wish we could get some actual new character additions to the game.

Replies

• DarthVeritlyn
    704 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I was hoping they would add Tarfful as a leader and pop the wookie tag on all the wookies. Lowbacca or Krrsantan would have been cool too since we cannot have enough Jedi or BH.
  • Mitch08
    302 posts Member
    Options
    Straegen wrote: »
    I was hoping they would add Tarfful as a leader and pop the wookie tag on all the wookies.

It looks like they are adding the wookie tag, unless that graphic is an error.
  • Options
    Straegen wrote: »
    I was hoping they would add Tarfful as a leader and pop the wookie tag on all the wookies. Lowbacca or Krrsantan would have been cool too since we cannot have enough Jedi or BH.

The new 3po and Chewie have a wookie tag so that might mean they are going to add more wookies like Tarfful.
  • MaulVI
    45 posts Member
    Options
    Dude! WE don't need anymore more **** rebels.
  • Options
    Seriously? This must be a joke. This is a real character? Wow. Feels like a new low. With all of the other characters they could introduce they choose this one.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    Options
    Do we now have enough Han's?
    Maybe we urgently need another Han?
  • Options
    Ratinira wrote: »

We need Han-Punches-Lando, Han.
    That's 2 seconds of screen time right there.
  • Options
    Community. “LSTB is too hard! We need ways to make more teams viable!”

CG. “Here, have a Rebel that self revives, Boosts entire team stats, recovers team protection, multi-AOE’s, ramps damage, and inflicts blind. That should help. Plus we threw a droid tag in for some future theory craft AND a brand new sub faction tag!”

Community. “OMG! Toooo many Rebels! Not another cHeWbAcCa.....”

I love this character, I’m excited about it!
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Fml a lot of us ask for this toon to be added after JKL event and they did, they get moaning.

You can’t make this up! I’m happy they added it.
  • Options
    How many Chewies do we need? There are so many other good iconic characters that can be drawn from, and CG with its 0 creativity keeps doing the same ones over and over.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    MaulVI wrote: »
    Yes we do - for the synergy with Jedi Knight Lu....oh,wait.... Nevermind.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Screw you negative Nancy’s. This is awesome.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Community. “LSTB is too hard! We need ways to make more teams viable!”

CG. “Here, have a Rebel that self revives, Boosts entire team stats, recovers team protection, multi-AOE’s, ramps damage, and inflicts blind. That should help. Plus we threw a droid tag in for some future theory craft AND a brand new sub faction tag!”

Community. “OMG! Toooo many Rebels! Not another cHeWbAcCa.....”

I love this character, I’m excited about it!

Don't forget people complained about Jedi Luke not having the reb----
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    MaulVI wrote: »
    Yes we do - for the synergy with Jedi Knight Lu....oh,wait.... Nevermind.

Hahaha.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Chewie Number Five...."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Mitch08
    302 posts Member
    Options
    I will say, although this is yet ANOTHER chewie, it is at least creative.
  • Options
    Leak of CG next new marquee character i4ich8blpot7.jpeg
  • Options
    If they would have posted this on April 1st, I would have been laughing my head off.

Why can't we have an annual April 1st New Character Development Note that is as silly as this?

And, look, maybe this character will be ultra powerful and help make LS Geo TB tolerable. But... let's look at the usefulness of this toon outside LS Geo TB:
    There are only a few characters that can deal multiple instances of damage with a single ability and Threepio & Chewie can inflict AoE damage up to 6 times with his Special 2,

There's a reason that not many people do multiple separate instances of damage. Because in order for them to be balanced, they have to do very little damage per hit. And yet, if they hit a natural counterattacker or anyone under a counterattacking leadership or with the Retribution buff, those attacks aren't going to be tiny damage.

You deliver an AoE 6 times, and all you get are a potential ... let's see... THIRTY counterattacks.

Sure there are a lot of teams that don't counterattack, but dang, even two counterattackers on a squad would mean 12 counterattacks. That's insane.

So it's use this special under R2's smoke screen, when you're absolutely sure none of the enemy can counterattack, or just never.

It's obvious that this ability was designed to take out lots of DroidBattalion stacks on B1 and those special, LS GeoTB-only B2s, but whether the toon will be viable elsewhere is definitely a question to be resolved. Certainly don't use it on GAC defense! Ima Gun Di and a couple other worthless Jedi will stomp it on the first special.
  • Options
    If they would have posted this on April 1st, I would have been laughing my head off.

Why can't we have an annual April 1st New Character Development Note that is as silly as this?

And, look, maybe this character will be ultra powerful and help make LS Geo TB tolerable. But... let's look at the usefulness of this toon outside LS Geo TB:
    There are only a few characters that can deal multiple instances of damage with a single ability and Threepio & Chewie can inflict AoE damage up to 6 times with his Special 2,

There's a reason that not many people do multiple separate instances of damage. Because in order for them to be balanced, they have to do very little damage per hit. And yet, if they hit a natural counterattacker or anyone under a counterattacking leadership or with the Retribution buff, those attacks aren't going to be tiny damage.

You deliver an AoE 6 times, and all you get are a potential ... let's see... THIRTY counterattacks.

Sure there are a lot of teams that don't counterattack, but dang, even two counterattackers on a squad would mean 12 counterattacks. That's insane.

So it's use this special under R2's smoke screen, when you're absolutely sure none of the enemy can counterattack, or just never.

It's obvious that this ability was designed to take out lots of DroidBattalion stacks on B1 and those special, LS GeoTB-only B2s, but whether the toon will be viable elsewhere is definitely a question to be resolved. Certainly don't use it on GAC defense! Ima Gun Di and a couple other worthless Jedi will stomp it on the first special.

Pretty sure the wording of the kit deals damage additional times, not attacks additional times. That would only trigger a single counter attack (think Scavenger Rey Flurry of blows vs. Count Dooku’s Basic). I could be wrong, but that is the way it appears to me.
  • Options
    Never enough Hans and Chewies. I love the new toon.
  • Options
    @TheJEFFtm

Could be you're right.

It's still obviously constructed to eliminate DroidBattalion stacks, since there's no other reason you would have to divide up the damage into smaller packets. This is a LSGeo TB-targeted toon.

And given how hard LS Geo TB is, having CG design a one-game-mode-only toon is not a bad thing, really, until you remember that they specifically designed Visas Marr to be the go-to toon in HSTR.
  • Options

That AoE was clearly designed to be used after the other special. You know, the one that blinds the other team? The same blind that stops counterattacks per TAC's unique?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Ratinira wrote: »

We need Han-Punches-Lando, Han.
    That's 2 seconds of screen time right there.

Not before we get carbonite han
  • Tafkae
    10 posts Member
    Options
    until you remember that they specifically designed Visas Marr to be the go-to toon in HSTR.

rbttp8ao86az.jpeg
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    One of if not the first Star Wars action figures I ever owned was a Chewie with blown apart C3PO so I for one am very happy.
  • Options
    At least bring out more ugnaughts
  • Options
    Somehow I just knew they would finally add chewy with broken 3p0 in his back pack. This is simply an awesome addition to the game.