The Phantom Menace Deserves Some Love

Prev1
Brc333
30 posts Member
edited July 2020
Personally, I would really like to see The Phantom Menace get some love. When all of this Empire Strikes Back celebration stuff is over, I’d love to see characters from the Phantom Menace like Queen Amidala, Sabé, Captain Panaka, Jar-Jar Binks, Boss Nass, and Captain Roos Tarpals. In SWGOH there are hardly any characters from the movie other than Nute Gunray, Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, and B1 Battle Droid. In the recent novel, Queen’s Peril, lots of the characters from The Phantom Menace were more fleshed out and developed. In the novel, there was so much more depth added to the movie. All of Padme’s handmaidens and Captain Panaka were so much more developed. Sabé is my second favorite Star Wars character ever, so it would be a big deal to me if she came to the game. Sabé has been getting development in the two new books Queen’s Peril and Queen’s Shadow and the Darth Vader 2020 comic run. I would love to see her and Padmé on a team together in the game. Jar-Jar Binks May be controversial, but he deserves to be in the game because of how legendary he has become. Captain Panaka was Padme’s right hand man, and a really cool character that eventually worked for the Empire. Padmé deserves her squad of characters that she was really connected with. Qui-Gon and Darth Maul are also due for a rework, and a Phantom Menace update would be perfect for that. Thanks for coming to my TED talk :)
I’d like to see your thoughts!
Post edited by Brc333 on

Replies

• Options
    I was just thinking that we need characters from the Phantom Menace when I was looking at the roster the other day. Sabé, Jar Jar, and Queen Amidala would be especially cool. Queen Amidala could be a summoner like Mon Mothma and Geo Alpha (summoning a handmaiden) she could be a passive character like Mon Mothma; I think that would be pretty neat. We really need a Darth Maul and Qui Gon rework too!
  • Options
    -1 for JarJar.
  • Options
    "The Phantom Menace Deserves Some Love"

Does it? Does it really?

And can we please not ask for Jar Jar?

Yes it does. It is part of the Star Wars Canon, and even though it is controversial, the characters from it need to be in the game. The Rise of Skywalker and The Last Jedi are controversial, but we got characters from those. And Jar Jar would be an interesting toon in the game. I think he would be something fun and different.
  • Options
    +1 for Jar Jar
  • Sith9er
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Give us a full squad worth of Gungans, and give them kits to make as useful as the bugs
  • Options
    As long as jar jar can solo the haat by himself we can have him! Why not he did it in the movies with one hit. (Pretty sure it was ep II attack of the clones)
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Confirmed: Incomplete C3PO on its way!!!

And who can forget Aurra Sings Epic Performance during the pod race.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    JarJar isn’t any worse than Tuskens. If you don’t want him, then don’t farm him. But he should at least be an option for people.
  • Options
    I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable Star Wars nerd, and maybe this will be because I’m way better at OT trilogy than PT...but I have zero clue who your 2nd favorite Star Wars character is. And I went to opening night Phantom Menace cosplayed and another 6 times after that.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable Star Wars nerd, and maybe this will be because I’m way better at OT trilogy than PT...but I have zero clue who your 2nd favorite Star Wars character is. And I went to opening night Phantom Menace cosplayed and another 6 times after that.

You went dressed in cosplay, and don't know who sabe is? I don't know if you're bragging or looking for pity.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Hint:

glyz4m0sblwa.jpg
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options

Does it? Does it really?

Yes it does. It is part of the Star Wars Canon, and even though it is controversial, the characters from it need to be in the game. The Rise of Skywalker and The Last Jedi are controversial, but we got characters from those. And Jar Jar would be an interesting toon in the game. I think he would be something fun and different.

Past mistakes should not justify making new mistakes of the same kind.
  • Options
    If we get jar jar, he had better be amazing for Light side geo. Like indispellable stuns on droids, 75% evasion whilst there is another Gungun on the team. Make him able to allow a team to easily get 4/4, amazing against droids, but near useless against any other team. And hey, for the fun of it, confusion as well
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    I'd love to have Jar Jar in the game so i can bash him into the face all day.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Brc333
    30 posts Member
    Options

Does it? Does it really?

This game is supposed to have a piece of Star Wars for everyone. There is content from almost every corner of Star Wars. There are legends characters, Clone Wars characters, Star Wars Rebels characters, Sequel Trilogy Characters, Rogue One characters, Solo Characters, OT Characters, but there are hardly any characters for fans of the Phantom Menace. All fans of Episode One have are Qui Gon, Darth Maul, Nute Gunray, and B1. Also, Qui Gon and Maul are not very viable anymore. This game is for every type of Star Wars fan, and there will likely be things in it that you do not like in the game. I am not a fan of Darth Revan, but I am not complaining about him being in the game because some people like him. The Phantom Menace characters need attention too.
  • JGarland
    22 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    JarJar isn’t any worse than Tuskens. If you don’t want him, then don’t farm him. But he should at least be an option for people.

Sure he is. At least I can't tell what they are saying, which automatically makes anything in that category better than Jar Jar.

There is no need for being passive aggressive and mean, there are some people that like Jar-Jar and TPM. Just because you do not like it, does not mean it should not be in the game. If you do not like a character in the game, then you do not have to farm them, but there are other people that would love to see characters from TPM including Jar-Jar.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    JGarland wrote: »
    there are some people that like Jar-Jar and TPM.

200.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Brc333
    30 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

200.gif

Well in most cases they grew up with the prequels, and when they were young they liked Jar Jar Binks because they thought he was funny and now he is like nostalgia to them.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Brc333 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

200.gif

Well in most cases they grew up with the prequels, and when they were young they liked Jar Jar Binks because they thought he was funny and now he is like nostalgia to them.

"I'm so sorry."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I thought this was a movie thread, so I was going to agree, but seeing as it is about chars from Menace, I do not.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Brc333
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I thought this was a movie thread, so I was going to agree, but seeing as it is about chars from Menace, I do not.

If you like the movie, then why would you not want the characters from it in the game?
  • LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    People like Jar Jar just like some like Ewoks. Same fricking thing.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    I'm down with a Gungan and a Naboo faction. Throw in Padawan Kenobi marquee that the final stage has a cinematic of Maul revealing himself in the hangar and call it done.
  • Brc333
    30 posts Member
    Options
    HK22 wrote: »
    I'm down with a Gungan and a Naboo faction. Throw in Padawan Kenobi marquee that the final stage has a cinematic of Maul revealing himself in the hangar and call it done.

Yessssss! A Gungan and Naboo faction would be so cool. And that would be a really cool marquee event.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Hey can we please stop trashing PT and Jar Jar fans? How are you any better than the toxic super trolls that are shutting down Star Wars if you can’t even respect the opinions of others?

That being said, TPM is criminally underused in SWGOH. There are some very fun and interesting scenes and characters in that movie.
  • Options
    Gungans were central to the plot of TPM. Without Gungans, half the film disappears. They absolutely should be represented in this game. I don't actually like them, much like I don't much care for Ewoks, but they are central to the story regardless.

Without Gungans:
    • Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan do not beat the droids to the city
    • The droids conquer the city and capture Queen Amidala
    • Queen Amidala (probably?) is forced to sign the treaty with the Trade Federation
    • Darth Sidious' plan to start a war fails
    • Chancellor Valorum is never ousted from office
    • Palpatine does not become Emperor
    Thank goodness the Gungans were there to stop the droid army. [/s]

Also need Watto and Sebulba. And Shmi. And midichlorians.