Mon Mothma

She feels legendary to me. Her kit just seems legendary and she is wasted at marquee. She should have a leg event requiring rebel fighters. Definitely feels like a pure money move and not what makes sense for the game.

Replies

• Options
    So you are saying you would prefer to have to relic Hoth rebel troopers, Biggs, Wedge, etc to get her instead of just a Marquee?
  • Stokat
    832 posts Member
    Options
    So you think that releasimg her for free as a marquee feels like a pure money move and want them to instead release her in a legendary event requiring (presumably) reliced rebels?🤔
  • Options
    Stokat wrote: »
    So you think that releasimg her for free as a marquee feels like a pure money move and want them to instead release her in a legendary event requiring (presumably) reliced rebels?🤔

Yes. A lot of people have these rebels. And if like normal leg events relics won’t be required. Gear 12 could work. But yes I agree they could make it so hard you need Relics. Would be better then marquee. And making it marquee is a money move. Paying to max the character fast and avoiding farming later.
  • Options
    Paying to max the character fast and avoiding farming later.

You are not being forced to do such a thing. Even at 3* she could be viable if geared up to the max which is what? G10 for non-7*?
  • AntiHeld
    237 posts Member
    Options
    Actually she is the perfect marquee. You can use her at 3* G11 in TW, GAC, (young arena shards). She cant be targeted, doesn't do damage or inflict debuffs. Nothing that needs high stats. And her health at this level should be enough to survive most AoE effects, especially with all this health/protection regain. Only TB will need her to be 7*, witch is a pity since she might really shine in TBs.
  • UdalCuain
    5033 posts Member
    Options
    Potato211 wrote: »

You are not being forced to do such a thing. Even at 3* she could be viable if geared up to the max which is what? G10 for non-7*?

G11
  • UdalCuain
    5033 posts Member
    Options
    AntiHeld wrote: »
    Actually she is the perfect marquee. You can use her at 3* G11 in TW, GAC, (young arena shards). She cant be targeted, doesn't do damage or inflict debuffs. Nothing that needs high stats. And her health at this level should be enough to survive most AoE effects, especially with all this health/protection regain. Only TB will need her to be 7*, witch is a pity since she might really shine in TBs.

Summoned unit scales on her stats too. Worth bearing in mind.
  • Options

Obviously it isn’t no one is forcing to. But a a lot of people and will whale on her to get it done. That is why it is a money move. They will make a lot more off her this way then leg. I just think they dropped the ball on this. Also leg isn’t a 7 star unlock. A lot of people could get and use her at 5 star a lot faster then the marquee route. So your 3 star point is moot. For her to be viable at 3 stars you would need the toons probably needed to unlock her at high gear. So five starts would be easy.
  • Anarkid
    149 posts Member
    Options
    I just find it interesting how the mon motha kit is supposed to be useful in republic assault TB
  • Scrybe
    25 posts Member
    Options
    You're mad if you think any future legendary/heroes journey/epic confrontation/et al will require anything but relics.

Those days are long gone. Based on modern-day interpretation of legendary characters, I wouldn't even place her that high. I'd say she's as good as GBA, really. She has a similar summon mechanic and boosts a faction that has no real use otherwise.

She seems fun, but I wouldn't call her kit META-breaking.
    Check out my content on YouTube...search for Scrybe Gaming!
  • Katsapliakos
    336 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    i for one am wondering,cant be targetted that doesnt mean aoes wont kill her,so having her at low gear might not work at all
  • Options
    Scrybe wrote: »
    You're mad if you think any future legendary/heroes journey/epic confrontation/et al will require anything but relics.

Those days are long gone. Based on modern-day interpretation of legendary characters, I wouldn't even place her that high. I'd say she's as good as GBA, really. She has a similar summon mechanic and boosts a faction that has no real use otherwise.

She seems fun, but I wouldn't call her kit META-breaking.

I doubt they will do more legendary events because they wouldn’t require relics. They would just jack up the difficulty. But they wouldn’t change requirements past 7 star. Never said she would be close to meta breaking. Just that she feels like a leg type toon.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    She'll be useful under geared i imagine... but who actually has the supporting crew at a good enough gear level to fairly evaluate? (probably the same guys that will immediately bump her up to relic;)
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

Obviously it isn’t no one is forcing to. But a a lot of people and will whale on her to get it done. That is why it is a money move. They will make a lot more off her this way then leg. I just think they dropped the ball on this. Also leg isn’t a 7 star unlock. A lot of people could get and use her at 5 star a lot faster then the marquee route. So your 3 star point is moot. For her to be viable at 3 stars you would need the toons probably needed to unlock her at high gear. So five starts would be easy.

There is no way that they would make the 5* unlock easy. Think more Chewbacca and C3PO difficulty, but instead of a decent faction being needed, you have a hodgepodge of Rebels, with Jyn as the most reliable leader.

That being said, Imp troopers would be the best choice for this event. Literally just call it “Imperial Extraction” with Mon as reward, and boom new legendary.

However, and to finish off my post, a new legendary event would be the bigger cash grab, especially judging by how difficult the most recent ones have been. This is how I see it:

Marquee- Pay if you want to, otherwise 3* unlock that offers decent playability.

Legendary- Unless you have relic’d (or maybe G11/12) Rebel fighters (or preferably Imp troopers), it’s a required pay.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    i for one am wondering,cant be targetted that doesnt mean aoes wont kill her,so having her at low gear might not work at all

she can't be targeted, so an AOE attack couldn't have her as the primary target, but she can still be damaged and killed by an AOE.
  • Options
    You'll likely have to 7 star and relic her soon enough anyway. With all the lightside ot content we're getting, they are bound to be needed at r3 or higher for a new event late this year or early next year.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Not usuable in geo TB is the main issue.

And g11 is max, except for Hux.
  • Options
    You'll likely have to 7 star and relic her soon enough anyway. With all the lightside ot content we're getting, they are bound to be needed at r3 or higher for a new event late this year or early next year.

Some of us don't have a fortune to spend relicing everyone. The more marquees the better, if they want us to relic for everything that isn't marquee now (which is likely to be their plan, other than possibly new raids/TB stuff). I'm happy just to get her without that sort of work.

I haven't spent a cent and hardly have everything reliced. I'm just pointing out that she's a named character from one of the other movies. Usually named characters from the movies end up being needed for stuff.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    There's no -normal legendary events-. We haven't gotten a leg for quite some time and the requirements and difficulty for legs evolved over time. If one imagines new leg events will be doable purely on g12, you're dreaming.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe my greedomix team was worth it afterall - *Looking at G12 Pao*
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    ok, the first time i read somebody is complaining about gettin a marquee for free
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Larx wrote: »
    ok, the first time i read somebody is complaining about gettin a marquee for free

Right? Now the free toon costs too much.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Larx wrote: »

Right? Now the free toon costs too much.

gotta check my savings if i can afford it