How is that "holistic approach to time-saving" coming along?

Prev1
LendersQuiz
1167 posts Member
dcbdfwsqstgb.png

Its been ~seven months since this statement was made. How is that coming along? Not only have no events since that time have become simmable, new tiers have been added to existing events and NEW events have been since added.

When can we finally sim events that we have already achieved three stars in?

Advanced Fleet Mastery
• Admiral’s Manoeuvre
• Endurance
• Executrix
• General’s Command
• Home One

Special Events
• Defense of Dathomir
• Endor Escalation
• Galactic Bounties I
• Galactic Bounties II
• Ghosts of Dathomir

Assault Battles
• Forest Moon
• Ground War
• Military Might
• Places of Power
• Rebel Round Up
• Secrets and Shadows

Resource Events
• Contraband Cargo
• Smuggler’s Run

Mythic Events (only partial simmable)
• Artist of War Mythic (Grand Admiral Thrawn)
• Daring Droid Mythic (R2-D2)
• Emperor's Demise Mythic (Emperor Palpatine)
• Grand Master's Training Mythic (Grand Master Yoda)
• Pieces & Plans Mythic (BB-8)

Remember, with the exception of the Rancor raid, just because an event or battle is simmable it does mean that YOU have to sim it. Go ahead and manually run every battle if you want to. More power to you!

Oh and while you are it, seriously, when are fleet squads coming? It was needed when we have four capital ships. We now have eight.

One last thing, is the Imperial Chimaera event ever coming back? (Last seen 2019-11-14)

Replies

• CamaroAMF
    1284 posts Member
    Options
    Option to sim all this stuff would be great. Fleet squads would be great. Chimaera event is always available in the journey guide now. No one has to wait for it to come back.
  • LendersQuiz
    1167 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Chimaera event is always available in the journey guide now.

I forget about that. You are correct. That being said, When any of the other "Advanced Fleet Mastery" events come back, we can earn ship shards for shard currency. I suppose I should have asked for if a Mythic version of the Chimaera is ever coming.

Speaking of missing Mythic events....
    • Aggressive Negotiations (Padme)
    • Contact Protocol (C-3PO)
    • Flight of the Falcon (Millennium Falcon)
    • Legend of the Old Republic (Jedi Knight Revan)
    • Luke Skywalker Hero's Journey (Commander Luke Skywalker)
    • One Famous Wookiee (Chewbacca)
    • Rey's Hero's Journey (Jedi Training Rey)
    • Scourge of the Old Republic (Darth Revan)
    • Star Forge Showdown (Darth Malak)
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Mythic
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LendersQuiz
    1167 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Mythic

Spelling mistake corrected. Thank you.
  • LendersQuiz
    1167 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Now that you (CG) have added yet another challenge tier to the Assault Battles, I will ask my original question again.

How is that "holistic approach to time-saving" coming along? How can adding tiers save a player's time? When will we finally be able to sim battles we already have 3 stars in?

• Options
    Simple. Make the new tier unbeatable and voilà, you saved the time of the player
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Simple. Make the new tier unbeatable and voilà, you saved the time of the player

Joking but not wrong. I know at this point which I can do and which I don't. In this particular AB I don't even try T2.
  • Options
    I made this thread a while back. It would be nice to see some movement here.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/215008/in-game-time-reduction#latest
  • Options

Joking but not wrong. I know at this point which I can do and which I don't. In this particular AB I don't even try T2.

greef and mando g12 make it easy
  • Stryder80211
    52 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I feel this question. I feel your former post, Scuttlebutt. I also wonder if the intent expressed by Sven still exists as a business initiative.

Even a gesture such as adding 5 more Bronzium card spins to the Store (and trust me, it causes me mild anxiety to even think about letting those spins go to waste to own 90 minutes of my time back) appears to be a move to exacerbate the time we spend in game on trivial content. I've also wondered about the last bonus regular energy of the day and the first two shipment refreshes of the next day occurring within 9 hours of each other (that time span being one typical recommended amount of nightly sleep +1 hour); of course one can say I don't care about 45 energy or about missing gear from the time I sleep and then eat breakfast. But what if it's stun guns in the shard store???

I appreciate these pushes here. I also wonder if the metrics show that the longer we stay logged into the game, the more spending of money there is.

I agree with simming, especially with the introduction of tier 3 in assault battles, to save time for different, newer content. Except Omega battles; that's still my 3v3 GAC practice.
    Post edited by Stryder80211 on
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    8 hours sleep is a meme.
  • Options
    They have enough time to add an almost unbeatable challenge tier to all assault battles and yet they don't add a squadron ability to ships so we could save ship squads (squadrons).
  • Options
    I feel this question. I feel your former post, Scuttlebutt. I also wonder if the intent expressed by Sven still exists as a business initiative.

Even a gesture such as adding 5 more Bronzium card spins to the Store (and trust me, it causes me mild anxiety to even think about letting those spins go to waste to own 90 minutes of my time back) appears to be a move to exacerbate the time we spend in game on trivial content. I've also wondered about the last bonus regular energy of the day and the first two shipment refreshes of the next day occurring within 9 hours of each other (that time span being one typical recommended amount of nightly sleep +1 hour); of course one can say I don't care about 45 energy or about missing gear from the time I sleep and then eat breakfast. But what if it's stun guns in the shard store???

I appreciate these pushes here. I also wonder if the metrics show that the longer we stay logged into the game, the more spending of money there is.

I agree with simming, especially with the introduction of tier 3 in assault battles, to save time for different, newer content. Except Omega battles; that's still my 3v3 GAC practice.

I’m sure metrics show time spent in game equates to more money spent, but why not give us better reasons to spend more time in game? I think I spent over an hour this morning simming the assault battle simply because I would hit auto and then not pay attention for 15 minutes. For players with more developed rosters, that shouldn’t be a time suck any more.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options

I forget about that. You are correct. That being said, When any of the other "Advanced Fleet Mastery" events come back, we can earn ship shards for shard currency. I suppose I should have asked for if a Mythic version of the Chimaera is ever coming.

I've been waiting for mythic events of these for years, it seems they have completely given up on making them
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

I've been waiting for mythic events of these for years, it seems they have completely given up on making them

CG: "Tier...
    xf7qgt7ophbd.png
  • Options
    How old is this event? Isn't it one of the oldest Fleet Events? Still waiting.....

uz6gud3bkbmu.jpg
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    It takes like one minute on auto, so you have to push one extra button.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    It probably took you longer to mock that up and post it in fact.
  • Options
    Yes, but the mock up was more fun, so mission accomplished?

• BryGuy2k
    198 posts Member
    Options
    Considering they’ve moved away from being able to sim things because if you sim it you aren’t playing the content I think what they’re saying is - there is too much time saving in the game and since you keep asking for content they’re not going to allow you to sim anything.

The first T3 assault battle takes 45 minutes at R7. That’s the future of time saving.

Seriously it’s the new content that needs to be sim’d give how much effort it takes to get 3 stars.
  • Options
    We would all like a countdown to "new game mode."
  • Options
    My god this credit heist event today! So. Much. Activities.

Would you have preferred the droid heist instead?
  • Options
    My god this credit heist event today! So. Much. Activities.

Would you have preferred the droid heist instead?

Oh man, that’s a toss up. Would be too expensive to have both run on the same day though
    Keep padding that post count with the “too expensive” gag.
  • Options
    Oh man, that’s a toss up. Would be too expensive to have both run on the same day though

You might be right. It may very well be too financially challenging to run both at the same time.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

A few minutes for one person to mock this up vs. 1 minute for each of the thousands of players autoing or playing the event.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

A few minutes for one person to mock this up vs. 1 minute for each of the thousands of players autoing or playing the event.

Thanks Ric.
  • Options
    How about adding an assault battle that uses Resistance? They are one of the bigger factions in the game and they can’t be used in any of the assault battles.
  • Options
    and I am still waiting for that 2020 QOL update.....and I suppose I will just have to keep waiting. lol
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/229001/will-there-be-a-major-qol-update-for-2020