Nightsisters seem very useless to me.

Yung_Hen
139 posts Member
edited August 2020
Basically, I think the nightsisters squad is pretty useless for mid game players. I’m currently finishing up my SE and I’m working towards GAS now, but it seems like there are so many more important squads to go after before them. I gotta do my Separatists for GAS, ewoks for C3P0, gonna work on shaak ti clones after that so they’re geared up for GAS, etc. It seems like they’re a very low-reward investment compared to other squads because they’re not important in unlocking other characters and they’re a very mid tier team for PVP content. I’m definitely planning on finishing Geos, Bounty Hunters, and FO before even thinking about NS. Maybe someone can prove me wrong, I’m trying to see if there’s something I’m missing and if I should go after them.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    NS is a low investment GG counter
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Not to be rude, but what’s the point you’re trying to make?

Your assessment of NS being insignificant to mid-game players seems fairly sound. Is the point that, you’d like for them to be significant? Are you looking for an excuse to invest in them?

Not every faction is worthwhile at every point throughout the game, from a competition standpoint. However, this is a game, and there are many different reasons to play.

Personally, I love my NS squad(s). They’re great for banner removal, a total PITA for GAC defense, and should be worth my investment to me for quite some time to come yet. They’re a mix of relic and g12. Furthermore, I really like their lore and they’re really fun to play with on offense.

I invested in mine as a cheap JTR counter when she was meta, just for reference. So maybe not for you if you’re just looking to advance/farm/gear just for competitive sake.
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    They arent useless but not a top priority for newer players in today's game. You are correct in going after the other important teams first but I'd definitely get to them when available to do so. Mine continue to help to this day in TB,TW & GAC they can and will shine from time to time.

f4jpjdjko4dl.png
    Post edited by MetaThumper on
  • Options
    A g12 and less NS team has its value for the GP. For starters the periodic zeta mat from a 7* MT Talzin team itself pays dividends.

NS have connections to Separatists. It's hard to get around that.
  • Options
    A g12 and less NS team has its value for the GP. For starters the periodic zeta mat from a 7* MT Talzin team itself pays dividends.

You actually dont have to gear the team or make part 1 of the event. Only 7* Talzin
  • Options

You actually dont have to gear the team or make part 1 of the event. Only 7* Talzin

You only get the periodic zeta mat that I mentioned if you 7* Talzin though. = worth it.
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Options
    Non relic NS can counter with ease:
    non-relic Geonosian Alpha-lead teams
    Bastila lead jedi teams

Are useful for tier 3 and 4 of Heroic Sith Triumvirate and Geonosis with 3/4 stars on phase. 1/2 Without relics And a source of zeta mats as stated before

About being more useful than Geos, FO or BH, I don’t fully agree. None of those will help on Sith Triumvirate much.
    * Geos are mainly a defensive team outside Geonosis and Are used on there mainly because of the compulsory use of them on them (like Wat shards)
    * BH can get you Chewie and Galactic bounties but are easily countered by many many teams in GA and the like, even more than NS
    * FO don’t really shine if they are not reliqued and have a good number of counters

FO can be better but not BH or Geos in my opinion.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    HSTH
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Juzz wrote: »
    Non relic NS can counter with ease:
    non-relic Geonosian Alpha-lead teams
    Bastila lead jedi teams

Are useful for tier 3 and 4 of Heroic Sith Triumvirate and Geonosis with 3/4 stars on phase. 1/2 Without relics And a source of zeta mats as stated before

About being more useful than Geos, FO or BH, I don’t fully agree. None of those will help on Sith Triumvirate much.
    * Geos are mainly a defensive team outside Geonosis and Are used on there mainly because of the compulsory use of them on them (like Wat shards)
    * BH can get you Chewie and Galactic bounties but are easily countered by many many teams in GA and the like, even more than NS
    * FO don’t really shine if they are not reliqued and have a good number of counters

FO can be better but not BH or Geos in my opinion.

(Gently poking fun at you here, and moderately derailing the thread, but I can’t resist...)

But Supreme Leader Kylo Ren called, and he would very much like to speak to you about your assessment of FO not Being much help on the Sith Triumvirate Raid...

OP - I’m in agreement with the general consensus. NightSisters (as a faction) while very, very good, are not currently in the primary trajectory path, but very much worth side farming and gearing as a project of convenience.
  • Options
    I'm relatively newer to the game (sub 2 mil GP), but i bought the hyperdrive bundle and first thing i did was focus on my NS squad. I am extremely happy with them and that early in the game they are one of the best squads. they kept me solidly in top 50 in arena (with very little other money spent - at the time) and only recently slipped out of top 50 but easily top 100. They can take out equally powered JKR teams easily, bastilla lead jedi are no issue at all. I am 50-50 against Padme teams of equal strength as well. Only dropping out of top 50 because they definetly can't win against DR squads.
    They are also very good in raids and territory battles, and do great in GAC.

So my experience is NS squad is actually incredible, especially for early - mid game
  • Options
    Buyabha wrote: »
    I'm relatively newer to the game (sub 2 mil GP), but i bought the hyperdrive bundle and first thing i did was focus on my NS squad. I am extremely happy with them and that early in the game they are one of the best squads. they kept me solidly in top 50 in arena (with very little other money spent - at the time) and only recently slipped out of top 50 but easily top 100. They can take out equally powered JKR teams easily, bastilla lead jedi are no issue at all. I am 50-50 against Padme teams of equal strength as well. Only dropping out of top 50 because they definetly can't win against DR squads.

So my experience is NS squad is actually incredible, especially for early - mid game

Yeah, but their ships are horrible.
  • Options
    Buyabha wrote: »

Yeah, but their ships are horrible.

I don't know man. I have never lost a battle using NS ships