Unity Upgrade

I was excited that there was a "significant" upgrade to come with the unity platform update.

Honestly, what has it amounted to? Are we ever going to see a simmed HAAT? Maybe since some of the larger guilds are having 20+ solo's of the HSR with SLKR are we looking at simming that? All we have had in this stated ability to respond quicker and make changes has been a rehash of assault battles that now rotate / mix up factions. (The Sep battle now looks to use Resistance instead of Sith.)

So that is that our future?
Are we going to expand TW maps, or add 2nd fleets in GAC?

I can't wait to have a whole Territory war of Galactic legends...

Replies

• Options
    To be fair I already predicted this.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/235033/so-what-will-arena-shards-look-like-in-4-5-months/p2

Its "only" going to be ~90 GLs so no biggie.

b60u7f26tf5u.jpg
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    Good thing they cancelled Q&A so they don’t have to answer anything anymore
  • TVF
    36746 posts Member
    Options
    Why would a unity upgrade result in a simmable HAAT?

Often times it seems forum logic is that "we got something we don't care about therefore we will never get the specific thing we want."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Often times it seems forum logic is that "we got something we don't care about therefore we will never get the specific thing we want."

I was aiming more for a is this all we get? They mentioned more cut scenes and other things more aesthetic in nature. I am simply asking is this all that unity amounts to?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Honestly, one of the big points made by a some members of the Dev team about the upgrade was that when it first happens, they really wanted "no one to notice". They were basically rebuilding things that existed, and they wanted it to be a smooth transition.

That being said nothing you are listing there has anything to do with the unity upgrade.

HAAT simming - sure, at some point, this is more based on the data of how many guilds are crushing it, not unity.

TW/GAC update, highly likely, but have not heard anything about this recently. fleets are getting fleshed out a little to not all require HT.....so its possible.

yeah, GLs in TW..... for now, dont worry you will only see half or so, have to save the other half for offense. haha
  • Options
    I am not understanding how the platform on which the game is built has nothing to do with what I am asking?

IS there no coding involved with any of this?
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    A google search found my answer on the unity site:

5eldi282x6th.png

The real up grade was in the monetize module :smiley:
  • TVF
    36746 posts Member
    Options
    Fhoenix wrote: »

I was aiming more for a is this all we get? They mentioned more cut scenes and other things more aesthetic in nature. I am simply asking is this all that unity amounts to?

So HAAT sim has nothing to do with it.
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    I am not understanding how the platform on which the game is built has nothing to do with what I am asking?

IS there no coding involved with any of this?

From what we were told, Unity is more about graphical upgrades to the game
  • Options

As Kyno mentioned above, that was the first part of it. I made a terrible mistake of assuming that there would be more eventually to come with it. Not just limited to one new aspect but possibly revisiting some of the existing content.
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    hAAT simming should be, on paper, trivial work for them

They just haven't prioritized it for whatever reason
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

As Kyno mentioned above, that was the first part of it. I made a terrible mistake of assuming that there would be more eventually to come with it. Not just limited to one new aspect but possibly revisiting some of the existing content.

no you didn't, you just didn't state that in the OP. more eventually, yes. but it just happened.

what this does for them is makes things easier to do, when they are going to make changes. the changes themselves are still data and business driven. nothing happens overnight in a big business.
  • Options
    unfortunately, I am all too familiar with the end of that statement and big businesses. I was not entirely clear, so apologies. The OP was to get a conversation started, I didn't want to write a tldr. I should have however, been a bit more succinct. I sort of went all over the board out of some level of frustration.

I do enjoy seeing varying opinions, your statements were appreciated and insightful.

TVF with the immediate insult to forum posters and the inability of the population to comprehend got to me. Well done with the trolling.
  • TVF
    36746 posts Member
    Options
    TVF with the immediate insult to forum posters and the inability of the population to comprehend got to me. Well done with the trolling.

Where was the insult? I pointed out that HAAT sim is a separate issue unrelated to unity.

• Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options

seemed unnecessary?

**edit for spelling**
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

seemed unnecessary?

**edit for spelling**

So.... the same logic you employed by making this post?
  • Options
    They also said that the upgrade was to make it easier for them to generate content, so we'll have to see if that starts accelerating more than in the past. There's simply more tools available to the version of unity that they moved to. More graphic options are also available that they could take advantage of, like improved fog, lighting, and particle effects. We'll have to see if those make an appearance in some battle locales.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    They also said that the upgrade was to make it easier for them to generate content, so we'll have to see if that starts accelerating more than in the past. There's simply more tools available to the version of unity that they moved to. More graphic options are also available that they could take advantage of, like improved fog, lighting, and particle effects. We'll have to see if those make an appearance in some battle locales.

Was this specifically what they meant a bit back when they said tools that will help them develop more content?

If so it should have no direct relation for gameplay content building. But it was also a must since unity was pulling support for the ancient service version they were using. Depending on how adaptable they were building stuff since game launched, it might have taken serious time making all assets in the game working in new unity without problems.