Inbalanced gear required for the new GL

avihas
254 posts Member
So, that we can see gear require for the new GL, I've notice a certain inbalace to the favor of GLpatin (I'm writing the crucial gear):

kyro 9 for GLuke- 350
kyro 9 fo GLpatin- 150

kyro 7 for GLuke-150
kyro 7 for GLpatin-150

stun guns for GLuke-100
stun guns for GLpatin-150

carbanti for GLuke-200
carbanti for GLpatin-200

stun cuffs for GLuke-50
stun cuffs for GLpatin-50

golden eye for GLuke-50
golden eye for GLpatin-0

bacta gel 4 for GLuke-0
bacta gel 4 for GLpatin-50

droid caller 5 for GLuke-100
droid caller 5 for GLpatin-150

droid caller 6 for GLuke-100
droid caller 6 for GLpatin- 50

thermal detonator 5 for GLuke- 0
thermal detonator 5 for GLpatin- 50

As can be seen, in kyro 7, carbanti & stun cuffs both characters are equal.
The 50 golden eyes of GLuke ballanced by the 50 bacta gel of GLpatin.
The 50 more droid caller 6 of GLuke are ballanced by the 50 more droid caller 6 of GLpatin.

We left with 50 more stun guns of GLpatin & 50 more thermal detonator 5 of GLpatin vs. 200 more kyro 9 of GLuke.

Yes, I know it's not an exact comparison, because the are small differences in the cost and farming of each gear and each player got more of the one than the other. But I think that it can be seen that on general/rough assessment, GLuke is clearly the more gear costly character. That add to the fact that GLuke is by far require much more characters, and more gear, to unlock.

And it's not like the stats justify it, because their stats are more or less ballances (I do have a problem that as a tank, GLuke got less tenacity than GLpatin, but that's a different story/argument).

Personally, I think that's not really fair/ballanced, and I hope CG will adress the issue (we had cases before when they gave gear after finding out one character is too overgeared). Unfortunatly, I don't hold my breath, because I think CG are past the point of caring.
But you know what? "rebellion is built on hope"

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Oh, so people who go for Luke are getting shafted again. Not only does he need a lot more to unlock, has weaker-sounding kit, but requires more high-end gear for himself too...
  • Options
    would you prefer them both be like kylo and rey needing 700 kryo each, 400 stunguns, 300-350 carbonties, 150-200 stun cuffs, ect.

personally their gear isnt that bad, and differences in gear can, happen its not that bad overall. now if luke/ palp needed like 600 more kyros, and carbs, and ..., ect that would be a different story, but it isnt that case.

and for the padme example she wasn't a GL she was a legendary that just needed to much gear because there AI messed up, compared to others she needed to much top end gear by mistake. ( which if i recall was her needing to much carbs and stun guns since she already had plenty of kryo)
    GL's were set to require lots of high end gear because they are the pinacol of "UNLIMITED POWER" power in the game
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    avihas wrote: »

Personally, I think that's not really fair/ballanced, and I hope CG will adress the issue (we had cases before when they gave gear after finding out one character is too overgeared). Unfortunatly, I don't hold my breath, because I think CG are past the point of caring.

I dont think they will do anything to address this, not because they dont care but more because its minor and Fair and balanced =/= equal.

Yes there is a little but if difference, between all those fairly equal pieces of gear you need 100 more for Luke and as you said this is not an exact comparison. There are likely other things that balance this out more.

• Options
    This list is wrong just from the eye test. Every character logically requires 100 more of 1 Kyro than the other piece. You have equal piece counts for SEE.

Which tells me you did this count by hand.

So, you need to use something like https://swgoh.gg/characters/jedi-master-luke-skywalker/gear-list/ instead.

As to CG addressing the issue... Won't happen.
  • avihas
    254 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I dont think they will do anything to address this, not because they dont care but more because its minor and Fair and balanced =/= equal.

Yes there is a little but if difference, between all those fairly equal pieces of gear you need 100 more for Luke and as you said this is not an exact comparison. There are likely other things that balance this out more.

What other thigs that balance it? Don't get me wrong, I'm not sorry I decided to go after GLuke, but that is only because I like his movie character more. That's not mean it's fair to lunch so different GL pair in regard to demand.

What I mean is this is all add up- GLuke himself need 100 more pieces than GLpatin, but the gear & relic mats required for the toon of GLuke event (even after substracting all the 'doubles' and ingoring the "farming" of the JTR event, the EP event [save Princess Leia] and the R2D2 event) is insurmountable larger than the gear & relic mats required for the GLpatin event.

One could claim that with the chase after GLuke, you get a better teams. But lets check this claim:
    - With GLuke you get a great CLS squad and a very good MM squad. Plus you also get either half JL squad or half GLuke squad
    - With GLpatin you get a great Trooper squad and a great EP squad. Plus you get a help for Nuke squad (Dooku), a help for Padme squad (JKA) and a help for DR squad (Marauder).
    So the difference in the teams is not that big.

One should also consider the team building of the new GL.
    - With GLuke you need to destroy either your JKR team, or your JL, plus option to weaken your 501st (replacing GA$ with Shaak).
    - With GLpatin you need to seriously weaken your DR squad (taking SiET & Malak while giving in return Marauder & Assasin to DR), plus weaken your Traya squad.
    So while you can claim GLuke supporting team will be better, it ballance with the fact that you need to sacrific more of your rosters/teams to get it.

Their stats are more or less ballanced each other- Gluke got more

I'm leaving aside the "who wins in the battle GLuke vs GLpatine" because while on the paper GLpatine seems a complete anti Jedi, we haven't really seen them in action.

I focus my argument on the overall gear, relic mats and the teams you get (including the GL own squad).

The bottom line is 1 character that supposed to be more or less the same level (as it's twin) cost far far more
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

The bottom line is 1 character that supposed to be more or less the same level (as it's twin) cost far far more

But that is not true, yes there is a little difference, but that is not the full list, and they are really close and in no way required to be equal, but it's still fair and balanced.
  • StarSon
    7470 posts Member
    Options
    JML needs more kyros (200 more), but then needs fewer droid callers and tank medpack/eyeball/datapad pieces and fewer guns. Neither is very difficult, relative to their predecessors, and aside from the kyro discrepancy are quite balanced.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Gear needs doesn't need to be same, similar or balanced. End of story.

People are inventing new craziness every day, is everyone really that bored? xD
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Oh, so people who go for Luke are getting shafted again. Not only does he need a lot more to unlock, has weaker-sounding kit, but requires more high-end gear for himself too...

Then go for palp
  • avihas
    254 posts Member
    Options

But that is not true, yes there is a little difference, but that is not the full list, and they are really close and in no way required to be equal, but it's still fair and balanced.

True, that's not the full list- only the "crunch gear". I did not wrote for example the "mk1 stun guns", why? because I only wrote the hard gear crunch.
    You're are right the gear should not required to be equal, but close and fair, and I'm completly agree with you on that. But this is not the case. A 100 pieces of crunch gear is not neglectable, and it gets far worst when we add this to the much more gear/relic mats required to even participate in the event (the gear/relic mats of the required characters). As you and CG said, we're getting more or less the same power level character, meanning we're not getting "a better producted" with it.

I want to clarify something- by no means I'm sorry for choosing to go after GLuke. I would've done this even if the gap would've been larger, but that dosen't mean I should "pay" (gear & relic mats) significantly more than those who choose the other path. I would've have been ok if the overall gear/relic mats was smaller (even if not equal), or I would get more for the investment (of more gear and more relic mats), but as it stand today this is not the case.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    It doesn't need to be anything, there is no such promise as similar power level toons have similar gear needs. There never was such a thing.

You will just pay that gear and wrap what you are already after. And forget about it.
  • Stokat
    830 posts Member
    Options
    Go for both - problem solved!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

True, that's not the full list- only the "crunch gear". I did not wrote for example the "mk1 stun guns", why? because I only wrote the hard gear crunch.
    You're are right the gear should not required to be equal, but close and fair, and I'm completly agree with you on that. But this is not the case. A 100 pieces of crunch gear is not neglectable, and it gets far worst when we add this to the much more gear/relic mats required to even participate in the event (the gear/relic mats of the required characters). As you and CG said, we're getting more or less the same power level character, meanning we're not getting "a better producted" with it.

I want to clarify something- by no means I'm sorry for choosing to go after GLuke. I would've done this even if the gap would've been larger, but that dosen't mean I should "pay" (gear & relic mats) significantly more than those who choose the other path. I would've have been ok if the overall gear/relic mats was smaller (even if not equal), or I would get more for the investment (of more gear and more relic mats), but as it stand today this is not the case.

100 pieces difference of even "crunch gear" is nothing when you look at what's required on a toon. That's right around 10% of the list you have shown. (And even less when you bring up all the gear needed to play the event, and make a viable team for him)

I would consider +/- 10% fair, when looking at the exact number of gear required on a toon.

Are they equal, no. Is this an "issue that needs to be addressed", I dont think so. But that's just me.

If these are the issues that concern you when comparing 2 characters, but they are not part of your decision making process, then it doesnt really sound like an issue that should be addressed.

I dont think anyone would use the 100 pieces of any gear as even top 5 or 10 of the things they think about when choosing what toon to go after. Maybe I'm wrong.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    JML needs more kyros (200 more), but then needs fewer droid callers and tank medpack/eyeball/datapad pieces and fewer guns. Neither is very difficult, relative to their predecessors, and aside from the kyro discrepancy are quite balanced.

I'm willing to call it even as soon as I can buy kyro from the guild store.

Rey and SLKR had the same exact kyro requirement, why don't these two?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11535 posts Moderator
    Options
    Luke is a tank and they generally require a lot of bottleneck gear

Also, the gear imbalances doesn’t matter, each toon has their own set of gear needed. Personally, it’s good that 1 GL is easy to gear so that when you go chase after that GL you won’t have a tough time on gear
  • StarSon
    7470 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Why not? Why should they have the same kyro requirement?
  • avihas
    254 posts Member
    Options

100 pieces difference of even "crunch gear" is nothing when you look at what's required on a toon. That's right around 10% of the list you have shown. (And even less when you bring up all the gear needed to play the event, and make a viable team for him)

I would consider +/- 10% fair, when looking at the exact number of gear required on a toon.

Are they equal, no. Is this an "issue that needs to be addressed", I dont think so. But that's just me.

If these are the issues that concern you when comparing 2 characters, but they are not part of your decision making process, then it doesnt really sound like an issue that should be addressed.

I dont think anyone would use the 100 pieces of any gear as even top 5 or 10 of the things they think about when choosing what toon to go after. Maybe I'm wrong.

First of all, intresting enough, according to list I posted there is indeed a 10% difference, so we're sitting at top border of your own limit.
    Second, that border line get passed when we consider the rest of the required toons- even without event's like CLS & R2D2- there are 19 characters needed to be gear & relic, and 29 if you take into consideration the 5 Ewoks and 5 BH needed (noted- they Ewoks & BH don't need to be reliced and maybe 2 of the 10 need a g12/g12+ gear). Compare that to the 15 of GLpatine and way passed the 10% border line
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

First of all, intresting enough, according to list I posted there is indeed a 10% difference, so we're sitting at top border of your own limit.
    Second, that border line get passed when we consider the rest of the required toons- even without event's like CLS & R2D2- there are 19 characters needed to be gear & relic, and 29 if you take into consideration the 5 Ewoks and 5 BH needed (noted- they Ewoks & BH don't need to be reliced and maybe 2 of the 10 need a g12/g12+ gear). Compare that to the 15 of GLpatine and way passed the 10% border line

Let's not walk down the slippery slope of talking about everything required for another toons being lumped into a different toon, because that's not really on this topic.

It's still fair and balance that these 2 toons have a slight discrepancy between them in the gear they require.

It is in no way required that they are equal.

If it's that much of a discrepancy in your mind, and they seem to be equals from a kit perspective, why did you go for Luke..... its almost like all the discrepancy you are listing didn't seem to matter, and others seem to also think that.
  • StarSon
    7470 posts Member
    Options

Well your list was wrong so we probably shouldn't use that as a baseline for anything.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options

Why shouldn't they?

Especially if we go by this "equal power" comment Crumb keeps throwing around.

Also since you have already proclaimed JML "hot garbage on D" it would seem only fair that he have less kyros required, not more.
  • Options
    Lol you guys will find ANYTHING to complain about.
  • StarSon
    7470 posts Member
    Options

Why shouldn't they?

Especially if we go by this "equal power" comment Crumb keeps throwing around.

Also since you have already proclaimed JML "hot garbage on D" it would seem only fair that he have less kyros required, not more.

Just because they’re equal power doesn’t mean they’ll have equal gear. And having a lot of expensive gear doesn’t mean he should be good on defense.

Difficulty of a character’s gear has never translated into anything other than the difficulty of that character’s gear.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    When we're talking this much Kyro, maybe it should mean those things.
  • Options
    The real issue is how much Kyro any of these toons needs. I get that they wanted a new bottleneck gear, but the amount that new toons need is atrocious. Luke needs 500 total, thats such an insane amount. Thats 25,000 energy to farm, give or take 2,000. I don't even want to do the math on how long that would take naturally, and this is just one piece, for one character, who requires 20+ characters.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    When we're talking this much Kyro, maybe it should mean those things.

I agree with this.

If the requirement to unlock him is uneven and then the gear is uneven.... JML best be the better charavter to make up for that.

If they are suppose to be equal, id expect equal requirements, difficulty in event, gear requirements and use. If they are not interchangable, then they are not equivalent to me.
  • Options
    CG never said they would have equal gear or equal requirements. They said they'd be comparable in power. I've seen videos of Luke beating kylo and struggling against Rey. And of PP beating Rey but struggling against Kylo. Is that equal? No. Is it comparable? yes.

Also it isn't unfair that one requires more gear (even if that one ends up being worse). All players were informed of the information on these two characters (requirements, gear needed, kits, ect...) at the same time. At that time players made one of 4 choices

1. Go for Luke
    2. Go of PP
    3. Wait and hoard depending on whats needed
    4. Ignore the new GLs and farm other teams

Which decision is best probably depends heavily on what your roster looks like. But in the end, it was your decision. If you choose to go all in on a character before the kit is released, it is a gamble. But waiting is also a gamble since you may miss out. That's just how it goes. Everyone is in the same situation. So it is inherently fair regardless of any gear, kit, or req differences.

I personally decided early to go all in for PP. I had more requirements and I have more sith that are in a usable form since I like them more. And when jedi Luke came back fairly early and was announced as a requirement, I knew I couldn't get jml in time if I tried. So I made my decision based on the facts and my roster.

Others that like rebels and jedi probably went for Luke as a no brainer. But they still made a decision with the same information. The only difference being the choices they made prior to that time.

So if you make a decision based on limited information and then regret it, it is not CGs fault. It is not unfair. So quit whining.
  • Options
    I personally decided early to go all in for PP.

:open_mouth: