TW broken due to GLs?

madhader
72 posts Member
edited November 2020
I’m curious if others are seeing the same issue. With GLs it seems like the matchmaking system for TW is more broken than ever. We got matched with a guild that has 25 ultimate GLs to our 5. This is only one of many discrepancies. They have about 25% more zetas and twice as many R7. I think that a change needs to happen to bring better balance to the system. Maybe take into account multiple parameters, not just GP, when matchmaking.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    GLs are not the problem. The problem with TW matchmaking is that it is based on total GP while you only use your 8 best teams.
  • Options
    With 4 GLs now in the game, its theoretically possible to have only GL teams on D..imagine that lol
  • Options
    Agree that GLs don’t necessarily look like the main problem. Especially considering that these forums are full of posts complaining that GLs are too easy to counter with non-GLs...
  • Options
    Merailla wrote: »
    With 4 GLs now in the game, its theoretically possible to have only GL teams on D..imagine that lol

Something like this: https://ibb.co/85Y56XC
  • Options
    Merailla wrote: »
    I hadn’t till now. That is a scary thought.
  • Options
    Gorgus wrote: »
    Agree that GLs don’t necessarily look like the main problem. Especially considering that these forums are full of posts complaining that GLs are too easy to counter with non-GLs...
    I suppose that’s true, though you do have to break up some teams to make those counters. It’s not just a simple GL issue, so they need to look at multiple criteria in the matchmaking process.
  • Options
    Yep, combination of issues with raw GP compare, different number of participants each side (heavily favouring those with less, and dropping the size of zones for them) and now GLs, which break the balance of the game.
    This TW we have 3 GL Reys vs 12, 2 GL Kylos vs 10, and 16 GAS vs 34. Of course they have more of most meta toons too, and they have a GL Luke, but the rest of the lists don't really matter. do they.
    Hard work when you have 47 vs 40. You can't tell me 'good counters' can overcome that mismatch.
  • Options
    How do I present this problem? Does anyone answer or help with feedback on the horrible match making process TW is. We faced 35 GL’s to 8. How you think that went? Who do I reach out to, is there anyone?!!!????
  • Options
    How do I present this problem? Does anyone answer or help with feedback on the horrible match making process TW is. We faced 35 GL’s to 8. How you think that went? Who do I reach out to, is there anyone?!!!????
    I was hoping that this thread would catch the eye of the community manager. I think that’s the only way to get the feedback through. Maybe there are other platforms that get through better, but they really need to address this.
  • Options
    I asked at literally every q & a before GL’s disrupted things even further but they never answered