Mandalorian S2:E2 Chat (SPOILERS)

2Next

Replies

  • RTS
    240 posts Member

    the creative team is not producing the quality of show that it could be

    HARD disagree.
  • The second season has been good so far. Chapter 10 was kinda like a side job, but not too bad. As funny as it was, I don't think that The Child should've eaten the eggs, only because they made a huge stink over how important they were. But I do understand that kids will always get into things they're not supposed to.
  • @Lor_San_Teka
    What was "less than stellar" about episode 1, iyo?

    A few things...

    I think, and I may be reading into this too much, the most important thing about the dragon fight was showing that Mando armor can survive in the pit of something as vile and acidic as the stomach of that beast. It serves as an explanation as to why a certain other bounty hunter wearing similar armor might have survived being in the belly of an underground-dwelling monster.
  • Kyno
    28153 posts Moderator
    I love the show, and I feel like its right in the sweet spot for timeline in the universe. They have access to so much nostalgia without it being a stretch, but they can flesh out and build up their own "new things" to help create its own niche.

  • MasterSeedy
    2874 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    @RTS

    What makes you so certain that the team couldn't have done anything better?

    Do you think the team is over-performing? Do you think the creative team's talents are so meager that you're surprised that they managed to turn out something this good?
  • khdelboy
    569 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Jango Fett wasn’t a mandalorian. I remember vaguely that Kenobi mentioned that he met a bounty Hunter with a Mandalorian armour and the reply was that they don’t know how he got the armour and he’s no Mandalorian.

    I think it was in the clone wars series, where Kenobi met up with the queen of Mandalorian home planet?

    So since Boba is a clone, he’s no Mandalorian.
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    Jango Fett wasn’t a mandalorian. I remember vaguely that Kenobi mentioned that he met a bounty Hunter with a Mandalorian armour and the reply was that they don’t know how he got the armour and he’s no Mandalorian.

    I think it was in the clone wars series, where Kenobi met up with the queen of Mandalorian home planet?

    So since Boba is a clone, he’s no Mandalorian.

    We will see how this plays out in the series. I'm hoping that the Fetts Mandalorian status gets restored. I think that either Boba took the creed after clone wars, or he gets his Mandalorian rights restored in canon or Boba and Mando are going to fight. Any way things happen, it is going to be interesting.
  • RTS
    240 posts Member
    @RTS

    What makes you so certain that the team couldn't have done anything better?

    Do you think the team is over-performing? Do you think the creative team's talents are so meager that you're surprised that they managed to turn out something this good?

    Because I think they've done the episodes excellently.
  • Monel
    2382 posts Member
    In a vacuum the show was entertaining. As a whole storyline I am eager to see where it goes. An 8 episode season is a tad short to have filler episodes.

    Not overall excited to watch someone's final chances at giving life being destroyed and being destroyed while be portrayed as being cute. Hopefully its the Childs way of protecting the life.
  • Nauros
    3986 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    In a vacuum the show was entertaining. As a whole storyline I am eager to see where it goes. An 8 episode season is a tad short to have filler episodes.

    Not overall excited to watch someone's final chances at giving life being destroyed and being destroyed while be portrayed as being cute. Hopefully its the Childs way of protecting the life.

    I am more inclined to think that the whole thing is a setup and the eggs are fake or at least not that important, and the Child is the only one who sees through it. After all, it's a bit too convenient from the start - right when Mando returns from the dragon, someone who knows about other Mandalorians shows up, and she just so happens to require sublight travel? Sounds like a setup to me.
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Ltswb1
    437 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Not sure why everyone is so upset about it. They were unfertilized eggs, not embryos. And there were a ton of them. No one seemed to care that he ate a live baby spider creature in the same episode or a frog last season. Those were living beings. Not a bucket of eggs. She had plenty. How many kids does she need? Also, he’s a baby. Babies eat all sorts of things they shouldn’t. It doesn’t make them evil.
  • Stryde
    96 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I think, and I may be reading into this too much, the most important thing about the dragon fight was showing that Mando armor can survive in the pit of something as vile and acidic as the stomach of that beast. It serves as an explanation as to why a certain other bounty hunter wearing similar armor might have survived being in the belly of an underground-dwelling monster.

    I think it's not just a hat rack up there, Doja ^^. This theory creates more fun in my head than I've had in days.
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Not sure why everyone is so upset about it. They were unfertilized eggs, not embryos. And there were a ton of them. No one seemed to care that he ate a live baby spider creature in the same episode or a frog last season. Those were living beings. Not a bucket of eggs. She had plenty. How many kids does she need? Also, he’s a baby. Babies eat all sorts of things they shouldn’t. It doesn’t make them evil.

    I think it has more to do with how many times they hyped up the importance of the eggs and how "last of the line" they were. Other than that, I thought it was very child like, being told no and constantly doing it. Just my opinion on this.
  • Toddlers are evil without actually meant to be evil. The Child isn’t any different.

    I know that is the fact. I got four children and I thank the gods they aren’t toddlers anymore.
Sign In or Register to comment.