To farm or not to farm kylo

I really want to farm kylo ren for a down the line FO team because im about to finish lumi and will start phasma but i feel like theres a kylo nerf inbound since hes so accessible and a lot of people are talking about FO teams. I dont know if i should start farming him because right now im using cantina to farm JC. Thoughts please and im currently lvl 53 and JC is about to reach 5*

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I just unlocked him, trained him up to 59 (bye bye 1M credits) and geared him up as much as I could. I find him good but not super OP. I am hoping they will be more cautious with the nerfs after the Barriss fiasco.
    I set aside JC for him because JC is already fine for what I need him for at 5*, and I don't use JC in my PvP team.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I really want to farm kylo ren for a down the line FO team because im about to finish lumi and will start phasma but i feel like theres a kylo nerf inbound since hes so accessible and a lot of people are talking about FO teams. I dont know if i should start farming him because right now im using cantina to farm JC. Thoughts please and im currently lvl 53 and JC is about to reach 5*

You can speed up JC in regular missions too. 4 of them.

• ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Characters that are difficult to farm are immediately removed from my list of possibilities. With that, I have not been farming Kylo. My suggestion on characters like him that are difficult to farm is that unless you have deep pockets and are willing to spend a few hundred here, you might want to skip him. If your gaming budget is unlimited however, then yes, he'd be great on your team, although I've read he shines at higher levels so don't expect him to be dangerous until you get him geared to at least 5* and Gear Level 6........
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Kylo is very easy to farm unless you are completely unwilling to spend any money on crystals, and also unable to get any from the Arena.
    300 crystals per day means 36 tries at his shards, so 12 on average per day. This is totally worth it, since you also get the equivalent of 7.5 shards of Cantina shipment chars, along with XP, ability mats, droids, etc.
    His Cantina node opened last Friday, and I have him unlocked and 1/4 of the way to 5* already.
    Now gearing him, that's a different story. Darned purple thingamabobs. :)
  • Options
    Thx qeltar but i think i will save kylo for once im done with JC because i cant buy crysrals so im limited to how many tries i get a day. Maybe i can work on him once JC is 7*
  • Options
    If JC is a primary healer then yes, star him up. You should be working on Lumi from GW, she is the best. :)