Shard shop

Prev13
How is increasing shard shop items helpful?

Replies

• Options
    This game has no turned into a dead game to me.
  • Options
    This game has no turned into a dead game to me.

thats probably the intention of the 5th year anniversary changes. they dont benefit the player base but do make people upset and want to quit. maybe they do want people to quit so they can start a new cashgrab.

• Options
    I think that just about right.
  • Neil
    21 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    This game is disgraceful lets help the player base by doubling everything in the shard shop absolute **** S .. back to regular CG one step forward 20 steps back... 720 for 4 pieces of gear is a disgrace they should be ashamed of themselves. Their constantly ruining this game 🤬🤬🤬
  • Options
    This change is garbage for older players. Players who've been playing the whole 5 years and have every character get jack. Did the war store double? What do we get for our devotion? We get screwed.
    I haven't spent a dime since CGs "big new game mode" that is galactic challenges, what a joke. I don't plan on spending until they get their act together and give us something new and exciting to play. STOP with the gear increases and carrot chasing.
    I've been playing since day 1 and this might be the end for me. Happy 5 year anniversary indeed
  • Options
    Barely doubled. 10 shards from a old characters is 150 currency. 4 shards for an old ship is 152 shards. Dont buy old characters with it if can. Use it to buy ships that you have 7*. Still worth more then the characters
  • Options
    8a9rl44p94ny.jpg

janzz30h2ooj.jpg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Barely doubled. 10 shards from a old characters is 150 currency. 4 shards for an old ship is 152 shards. Dont buy old characters with it if can. Use it to buy ships that you have 7*. Still worth more then the characters

Ships have always been "worth more" then characters.

This change is generally net neutral for older players, with some drop in bronzium being the biggest hit. All shops and node farms are balanced to have the same buying power.

This change now makes farming older characters take half the time.
  • Options
    I think something is wrong here. If you buy shard in other store for example, the guild store or arena store, you don’t get double shard, now those shards are simply worth 1/2 in shard coin as the shard store cost are all doubled. This can’t be intended.
  • Options
    sloweagle wrote: »
    I think something is wrong here. If you buy shard in other store for example, the guild store or arena store, you don’t get double shard, now those shards are simply worth 1/2 in shard coin as the shard store cost are all doubled. This can’t be intended.

Wait for stores to refresh and you’ll get double the shards.
  • Options
    How is increasing shard shop items helpful?

Because they doubled the shards you get, in most cases, which makes the cost increase a wash.

Doubling shard drops is to help newer players grow faster.

That's how it's helpful.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    It is look like same as previous but it just look like not same. Because they increase drop rate double from nodes and bronzium but not full character drop from bronzium. And also how about in come shard from raids. Did they increase amount of raid shard. There is no benefit for older player and not same like previous.

Games say that is enough for old player, you are played a lot and stop playing and leave the game. Open the way for new player hahaha :)
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Sebek wrote: »
    Neil wrote: »
    This game is disgraceful lets help the player base by doubling everything in the shard shop absolute ****'s.. back to regular CG one step forward 20 steps back... 720 for 4 pieces of gear is a disgrace they should be ashamed of themselves. Their constantly ruining this game 🤬🤬🤬

Lol, They Doubled the Shard Income too

They did not double the currency in the shard shop so if you had 10k saved now that's only 5k worth of stuff now. They should have doubled the currency everyone has. This feels like being robbed one day you have half what you had the day before...

This is the equivalent to making zetas 40 each and doubling the zeta income... Anyone who had zetas saved gets robbed. Sure u can earn them at the same rate moving forward but if this change to the shop was done really because bronze packs and then wanting to limit the bronzium shard shop cash flow they could have done that and still let us keep the value in what we farmed.

There is no reason not to double the bank of what everyone had saved up from farming. Leaving the bank the same and doubling the cost screws eveeyone out of half of all our farming.

This is bad for just about all players across the board. Only the people who spend everything they get everyday are minimally effected.
  • Options
    This game is disgraceful lets help the player base by doubling everything in the shard shop absolute ****'s.. back to regular CG one step forward 20 steps back... 720 for 4 pieces of gear is a disgrace they should be ashamed of themselves. Their constantly ruining this game 🤬🤬🤬

They did not double the currency in the shard shop so if you had 10k saved now that's only 5k worth of stuff now. They should have doubled the currency everyone has. This feels like being robbed one day you have half what you had the day before...

This is the equivalent to making zetas 40 each and doubling the zeta income... Anyone who had zetas saved gets robbed. Sure u can earn them at the same rate moving forward but if this change to the shop was done really because bronze packs and then wanting to limit the bronzium shard shop cash flow they could have done that and still let us keep the value in what we farmed.

There is no reason not to double the bank of what everyone had saved up from farming. Leaving the bank the same and doubling the cost screws eveeyone out of half of all our farming.

This is bad for just about all players across the board. Only the people who spend everything they get everyday are minimally effected.
    They did double what everyone had.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

They did double what everyone had.

I didn't get it.... Is what I thought after checking the stores to see what all the fuss was about because I remember them saying it would be fair....

Had to restart game and yes they did I see it in my inbox now. I see no issue here, I just jumped the gun and complained before checking my inbox then I saw my 50k shard shop message... And it's all good now.
  • Options
    Old ships shards in GW store are not doubled at all, and those were the only ones I bought.
  • Options
    Moorebid wrote: »
    Old ships shards in GW store are not doubled at all, and those were the only ones I bought.

Yeah I really don't understand why the didn't double old ships too.
  • Options
    Ok, but their conversion rate seems to be doubled...
  • Options

they weren't on the list to be doubled. HOWEVER their shard shop price was doubled so it still is the same ultimately
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »

they weren't on the list to be doubled. HOWEVER their shard shop price was doubled so it still is the same ultimately

Sorry I meant double the drop rate. So we can farm them twice as quick like old characters now can be.
  • WombatJediKnight
    140 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

That's good that the conversion rate to currency has doubled. I hadn't realised that. Was thinking we were really missing out there. Still would have been nice to get to farm them quicker too though.
  • Options
    I think that just about right.

No Because, you get Double Shards for Most Characters, also Ships and Legendary Chars have Doubled Income

Shard shop currency and shards dont do much for a lot of players. We need thousands of stun guns, cuffs, and kryotech. EACH. Yeah I guess my arc trooper will be to 7 star quick though. Won't be usable until I farm the gear
  • Options
    But... you can buy gear in the shard shop?
  • Options
    Yes on the off chance that stun guns randomly drop in that store lmao I knew some sucker would buy that logic. Its hardly a reliable way to farm and kryotech dont show up there.
  • Options
    They didn't double the raid shard drop, the events shard drop, the entry shard prizes... For older players it used to be a great influx to buy with the shard shop tokens the gear they needed. Now we lose on it. Will get only half of the shard income we used to have with these events.
  • Options
    Yes on the off chance that stun guns randomly drop in that store lmao I knew some sucker would buy that logic. Its hardly a reliable way to farm and kryotech dont show up there.
    I’ve got 350+ stun gun salvage from shard store and GET store in the last couple of months.
  • Options
    alikssepia wrote: »
    They didn't double the raid shard drop, the events shard drop, the entry shard prizes... For older players it used to be a great influx to buy with the shard shop tokens the gear they needed. Now we lose on it. Will get only half of the shard income we used to have with these events.

Raid characters give double the Shard shop currency, events like assault battles give double the shards. The only nerf is through full character drops on bronziums
  • Options
    I’ve got 350+ stun gun salvage from shard store and GET store in the last couple of months.

Congrats I guess? Its still an entirely rng based situation and is in no way a reliable source of gear. Good for you though. Others aren't as fortunate and yet again it does nothing for kryotech
  • Options

Congrats I guess? Its still an entirely rng based situation and is in no way a reliable source of gear. Good for you though. Others aren't as fortunate and yet again it does nothing for kryotech
    Still not sure what Kyrotech has to do with a post about the shard shop.

• RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options

That's good that the conversion rate to currency has doubled. I hadn't realised that. Was thinking we were really missing out there. Still would have been nice to get to farm them quicker too though.

Only a fraction as many ships as toons, so that's why they did not.