JML Tier 3 strategy

Any ideas? Apparently Vader has 1000% potency as his dots can eat through 150% tenacity and then one shot JKL.

Can’t really do any trial and error because of the insanely asinine ticket farm system after a months long gear hoard and farm.

Replies

• Options
    Plenty of vids
  • Options
    Crit avoidance arrow to stop you being one-shot, and decent potency.

Hit him with Blind first, then basic, Heroes Arise, Blind again.
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Plenty of vids

Not an answer. Troll somewhere else.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

What kind of other mod set would you go for? Offense or crit damage?
  • Options
    Not trying to nitpick here, but even 51% potency has a slight chance (1%) to eat through 150% tenacity.

Any potency above 135% will basically have the same effect, 85% chance to debuff (there is always 15% chance to resist). So "apparently" event Vader doesn't actually need 1000% potency.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »

What kind of other mod set would you go for? Offense or crit damage?

This is what my set-up was, far from ideal but it got the job done. Offence and potency set. It was only 66% potency I had, thought it was higher.
    gg4iceb9fkot.jpg
    u2qd7qro3nqt.jpg
  • Options
    I have 12k damage, Offense and Crit Chance sets. Slow and heavy damage, as mentioned above,
    1. Stalwart Advance
    2. Basic
    3. Heroes Arise/Far right special
    4. Stalwart Advance
    5. Basic

With counters, I never had to do anything more than the above. Second part, do the Stun to open and hit Palp. Easy peasy. I went 3/3, no wasted tickets so far (still have to repeat Tier 1 more times, fingers crossed for no mess ups)
  • Options
    I have 12k damage, Offense and Crit Chance sets. Slow and heavy damage, as mentioned above,
    1. Stalwart Advance
    2. Basic
    4. Stalwart Advance
    5. Basic

With counters, I never had to do anything more than the above. Second part, do the Stun to open and hit Palp. Easy peasy. I went 3/3, no wasted tickets so far (still have to repeat Tier 1 more times, fingers crossed for no mess ups)

I dropped zero tickets with this strategy. The Repulse ability is pointless to use. I used my SLKR mod set which is health and offense focused.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    1. Stalwart Advance
    2. Basic
    4. Stalwart Advance
    5. Basic

This, but I did open with repulse then did this order.

Never use far right special if you have DOTs.
    ahzn8kagavxj.jpg
  • TVF
    36746 posts Member
    Options
    Plenty of vids

Not an answer. Troll somewhere else.

Just because you don't like an answer doesn't make it not an answer and doesn't make the answerer a troll.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    1. Stalwart Advance
    2. Basic
    4. Stalwart Advance
    5. Basic

ahzn8kagavxj.jpg

Did you find it more beneficial for luke to hit harder or be faster?
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Hit harder. Mostly Luke’s counters take care of business.
  • Options
    Konju wrote: »

Gotcha. Cause after some videos I went straight tenacity and that did absolutely nothing.
    So when I get enough tickets...farms after a farm...genius!!!! I’ll try the suggested modding strategy for T3. Let’s hope it works lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    1. Stalwart Advance
    2. Basic
    4. Stalwart Advance
    5. Basic

ahzn8kagavxj.jpg

Did you find it more beneficial for luke to hit harder or be faster?

From my previous modding I made him faster, and more CD. I'm not sure if his damage went up or down while doing that.

Overall the advice I got was hitting harder, speed 210 or higher.

I did lose 2 times, once after this remod, but I blame that on using the special(which healed vader), when I should have striked.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Gotcha. Cause after some videos I went straight tenacity and that did absolutely nothing.
    So when I get enough tickets...farms after a farm...genius!!!! I’ll try the suggested modding strategy for T3. Let’s hope it works lol

Crit avoidance seems to work better than tenacity, if you are worried about the DOTs.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    I beat the tier using standard JKL offense modding, then lost on my 2nd attempt. Switched to crit avoidance arrow and crit damage set. Never lost again.

That said, I have replayed the event dozens of times using the standard offense build and haven’t lost again. To be safe: do the crit avoidance arrow and either keep offense over 11K or switch to crit damage (222%) set, leaving offense closer to 9K.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

So you took my video advice but call me a troll. Lol!!
    Awesome!! Well all I can say is git gud.
    Luke and SEE had by far the easiest events out of all 4 GLs so I’m sorry you keep wasting your tickets.
  • Options

So you took my video advice but call me a troll. Lol!!
    Awesome!! Well all I can say is git gud.
    Luke and SEE had by far the easiest events out of all 4 GLs so I’m sorry you keep wasting your tickets.

Lmao “plenty of videos” is not an answer. Clearly there are videos and the ones I watched, called for tenacity. That didn’t work, so I decided to ask on the forums instead which has yielded much better advice (aside from you and TVF), than any video I’ve watched. So again, troll somewhere else, and stop trying to derail the thread. Bye bye!
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    jnd27ukneyca.jpeg
    Just so you don’t feel empty handed today.
  • Options
    jnd27ukneyca.jpeg
    Just so you don’t feel empty handed today.

Kthxbye.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I beat the tier using standard JKL offense modding, then lost on my 2nd attempt. Switched to crit avoidance arrow and crit damage set. Never lost again.

That said, I have replayed the event dozens of times using the standard offense build and haven’t lost again. To be safe: do the crit avoidance arrow and either keep offense over 11K or switch to crit damage (222%) set, leaving offense closer to 9K.

Gotcha. I remodded and added speed to him and have a crit avoidance arrow now. Plus his high offense. Hopefully when I get the tickets again it’ll work out.

• Options
    98vkchs2tfqm.png
  • Options
    I used this guy’s advice and did not waste 1 ticket
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCCALGSkmBWF3BkLK0fYqKkg
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Post edited by Sewpot on
  • Options

Gotcha. I remodded and added speed to him and have a crit avoidance arrow now. Plus his high offense. Hopefully when I get the tickets again it’ll work out.

I can not say this enough. Speed is a totally wasted stat. I watched the guides. One guy had super speed. I got the same amount of turns as he did and I had 140 total. Anyone saying speed matters needs to read Luke's kit because they clearly don't understand it.