Best toons for imperial trooper squad

Prev1
Coolnessda
276 posts Member
edited March 2021
I need some advice on determining which imperial troopers would be best overall in a squad. Aside from vader and emperor palpatine all my empire/imperial troopers are roughly like gear 10 or lower. I havent worked on gideon since I unlocked him and just want some feedback on which troopers I should be working on.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Gideon is amazing and likely will be part of an upcoming legendary/hero's journey with the imperial remnant faction. Along that vein, deathtrooper is already good, getting a touchup, and that juicy/significant tag.

Older troopers, in order of importance, are
    Veers (for the lead)
    Stark (TM removal/buffs, stagger)
    Piet (Emporer's trap, daze)
    Range (usually better than DT in a troopers squad, but doesn't have the remnant tag, so if you can only 7*/gear one of the two I'd go for DT)
    the literal bottom of the barrel
    Stormtrooper (terrible right now, but also getting a touchup and the remnant tag) - I can't advise gearing him up right now, but I'd at least have him 7* in case he's needed for an imperial remnant event - he is also an accelerate farm
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Options
    Veers, Piett, Stark are required really and then you can have any from Range Trooper, Death Trooper, Snow Trooper, Dark Trooper or even Moff Gideon. Any of the last two members will work. If I had them all, I’d use Dark Trooper and Gideon, if they were still a bit out of reach I’d go Snow and Range Troopers.
  • Options
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    I need some advice on determining which imperial troopers would be best overall in a squad. Aside from vader and emperor palpatine all my empire/imperial troopers are roughly like gear 10 or lower. I havent worked on gideon since I unlocked him and just want some feedback on which troopers I should be working on.

Show us your swgoh.gg so we can advise.
  • Options
    Gideon is amazing and likely will be part of an upcoming legendary/hero's journey with the imperial remnant faction. Along that vein, deathtrooper is already good, getting a touchup, and that juicy/significant tag.

Veers (for the lead)
    Range (usually better than DT in a troopers squad, but doesn't have the remnant tag, so if you can only 7*/gear one of the two I'd go for DT)
    Stormtrooper (terrible right now, but also getting a touchup and the remnant tag) - I can't advise gearing him up right now, but I'd at least have him 7* in case he's needed for an imperial remnant event - he is also an accelerate farm

Completely disagree that stormtrooper is the worst. Modded correctly he acts as a far better tank than stormtrooper. His defence is excellent.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Completely disagree that stormtrooper is the worst. Modded correctly he acts as a far better tank than stormtrooper. His defence is excellent.

stormtrooper modded correctly acts as a far better tank than stormtrooper
    stormtrooper is a far better tank than stormtrooper
    Wat8.jpg

• Options
    I personally don't think Gideon belongs with the imperial troopers myself. He's too solid of a plug and play to dedicate him to just one team. Personally enjoying the standard Veers, Strk, DT, Piett and Range Trooper combo the most.
  • Options

Wat8.jpg

Storm better then shore, I assume he meant.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

Veers (for the lead)

Completely disagree that stormtrooper is the worst. Modded correctly he acts as a far better tank than stormtrooper.

tenor.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    cdit0ar9p7os.png

This is my choice of weaponry until we have enough good troopers that synergise well to make 2 high caliber teams. I won't break it to make 2 mediocre ones.
  • Options

Wat8.jpg

Hahaha excellent.

Obviously I meant storm can tank better than shore.

Not saying shore sucks as he don't. But storm is a lot better than people think.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    You always want Veers, Starck and Piett. Period.
    After that you absolutely want Range, his kit is slim and simple but adds so much to the team that the overall performance is getting way up.
    For the last slot it really depends on the situation but you can't do wrong with either Death or Snow. Death is more tactical and should be used for buff heavy teams or single strong enemies, Snow shines against tons of smaller victims with its raw firepower. Gideon can help with fast opponents and has a mass attack so he can start the turn meter train more easy.
    Tanks can help at some points but aren't really needed for any content right now.
    My references as a top Imperial Trooper commander:
    2tfm0oad07yq.jpeg
    90cyypnehoui.png
    o6wweqky64kl.png
    The damage screenshots are from Heroic Sith raid.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    cdit0ar9p7os.png

This is my choice of weaponry until we have enough good troopers that synergise well to make 2 high caliber teams. I won't break it to make 2 mediocre ones.

I know it's been a while, but after what we've seen, how do you feel about replacing range with dark? Is the raw damage superior to range's calls to assist?
  • Options
    On top of their Kit Synergy, Veers-Stark-Piett are All required for SEE at Relic levels.

So as mentioned above, those 3 are a given.

The big question is, do you plan on having a "Remnant-Troopers" team?
    If so then obviously MoffG-Dark-Death-Storm all go there.
    That team needs a "Support" still & only Range qualifies :(

I look forward to the next 2 Marque characters, Really hoping one of them is Scout Biker Trooper as a Support w/ Remnant tag to match Mando S1 & give Range up to be with Veers for sure.

I feel like Range/Snow is the best combo with the top 3 "officers" above.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    The BEST team right now is:

Veers
    Piett
    Gideon
    Dark
    Range

Gideon is still extremely useful as a plug and play, in which case you sub in Starck.

That’s it.
  • Options
    RTS wrote: »

Veers
    Piett
    Gideon
    Dark
    Range

Gideon is still extremely useful as a plug and play, in which case you sub in Starck.

That’s it.

Thanks. My issue is that I’m trying to go for a total of 5 (a trooper I farm and gear means one less prerequisite farmed for a GL). Since veers, piett and starck are mandatory to relic for SEE, those 3 are definitely on the team. I then need the best possible next 2. One would be gideon, while the other I initially thought would be range, but I’m now leaning towards dark. Would you go for other ones? I’d like to be able to counter see teams with them as well
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    Maslyna882 wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »

Veers
    Piett
    Gideon
    Dark
    Range

That’s it.

Thanks. My issue is that I’m trying to go for a total of 5 (a trooper I farm and gear means one less prerequisite farmed for a GL). Since veers, piett and starck are mandatory to relic for SEE, those 3 are definitely on the team. I then need the best possible next 2. One would be gideon, while the other I initially thought would be range, but I’m now leaning towards dark. Would you go for other ones? I’d like to be able to counter see teams with them as well

If you want to go for "best bang for your buck" I'd say Gideon and Dark.

But after them I'd go range to replace Starck most of the time.
  • Options
    Got it, thanks!
  • Options
    I'm really stuck on this best trooper situation.

I currently run Veers, Gideon, Starck, Piett, Range.

Everyone says to sub in DT somewhere, but I can't justify it. To me, Veers, Gideon, and Piett are non-negotiable to keeping the TM train running no matter who you are facing, leaving Starck and Range as the flex.

• Both Give 20% tm to the team through their teamwide buffs on a 3cd, while DT gives 40% on a 5cd. Already, the former two are better for TM gain.
    • Range helps give Gideon insight stacks so he can get his daze out sooner, invaluable against teams that usually wall Imps, as well as generally giving the team TM through assists. Against similar gear levels, his protection recovery and Up can be huge too.
    • Starck brings DS dispel, occasional stagger, and if you zeta him control against enemies competing for next turn when both teams are overloaded.

What DT brings over these two is a huge amount of firepower. It gets complicated with Starck bringing CC Up, CD Up, +50 AP, & Def. Down for the whole team to deal more damage, but generally people say DT out-damages all of that by himself. The other use for DT is once Gideon has his daze out, Piett can switch his mark from Gideon to DT to better protect the team.

• If you put DT in over Range, you lose alot of TM gain, teamwide shield, and daze slower, but hit wayy harder.
    • If you put DT in over Starck, you lose modest TM gain and overloaded tm control, but hopefully you end up doing more damage with DT alone.

With all that said, I can't bring myself to put DT in. Imps can punch up a huge amount of GP because of their tm control. I don't see how DT helps with that enough to justify his placement on a Imp team.
  • Options
    The only thing I'm imagining, is Starck gets replaced by DT at high gear levels, when Starck's utility becomes less relevant to DT's pure damage. When trying to punch up, you need maximum TM control because the imps are squishy. As the gears become more equal, and the imps can take a hit or two, DT becomes superior.
  • Yado101
    144 posts Member
    Options
    DT helps the tm train by triggering veers unique almost every time he used his basic
  • Options
    What do you mean Yado? Does DT basic count as 4 attacks for emperors trap?
  • Yado101
    144 posts Member
    Options
    Sheppito wrote: »
    What do you mean Yado? Does DT basic count as 4 attacks for emperors trap?
    I mean his raw firepower can 1 shot many characters, and kills give tm
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    Sheppito wrote: »
    I'm really stuck on this best trooper situation.

I currently run Veers, Gideon, Starck, Piett, Range.

Everyone says to sub in DT somewhere, but I can't justify it. To me, Veers, Gideon, and Piett are non-negotiable to keeping the TM train running no matter who you are facing, leaving Starck and Range as the flex.

• Both Give 20% tm to the team through their teamwide buffs on a 3cd, while DT gives 40% on a 5cd. Already, the former two are better for TM gain.
    • Range helps give Gideon insight stacks so he can get his daze out sooner, invaluable against teams that usually wall Imps, as well as generally giving the team TM through assists. Against similar gear levels, his protection recovery and Up can be huge too.
    • Starck brings DS dispel, occasional stagger, and if you zeta him control against enemies competing for next turn when both teams are overloaded.

What DT brings over these two is a huge amount of firepower. It gets complicated with Starck bringing CC Up, CD Up, +50 AP, & Def. Down for the whole team to deal more damage, but generally people say DT out-damages all of that by himself. The other use for DT is once Gideon has his daze out, Piett can switch his mark from Gideon to DT to better protect the team.

• If you put DT in over Range, you lose alot of TM gain, teamwide shield, and daze slower, but hit wayy harder.
    • If you put DT in over Starck, you lose modest TM gain and overloaded tm control, but hopefully you end up doing more damage with DT alone.

With all that said, I can't bring myself to put DT in. Imps can punch up a huge amount of GP because of their tm control. I don't see how DT helps with that enough to justify his placement on a Imp team.

Then don’t.

But before you decide that go watch some videos of him just demolishing even GLs because he assists 3 turns in a row with 4 stacks.

Then come back and say Starck is better with a straight face.
  • Starslayer
    2420 posts Member
    Options
    Dear Troopers lovers,

which set up/ relic level minimum do you advise to take on SEE ?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Dear Troopers lovers,

z9kwd6k5rucv.jpg
  • Starslayer
    2420 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Dear Troopers lovers,

z9kwd6k5rucv.jpg

It’s so good that it looks like a get rich scheme Oo

Let me rephrase that: “Seriously dude ? That’s it ?”