Galactic Challenge for other factions?? When!!

Prev1
Boomer8800
408 posts Member
edited March 2021
Ok when are we getting a GC to use Phx, Jawas or Ewoks factions in? Quit staying with standard meta, expand and make the whole roster be viable and useful. @CG_Doja_Fett

Replies

• Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    This definitely won't help me lol but I agree with having some GCs with lesser factions.
  • Options
    why. why would anyone upgrade phx other than ezra and maybe kanan. There is only like 1% of players that can actually complete the final tier with the factions you listed.
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    That is the general plan, I'm not sure how long it will take, but I believe adding additional versions will just happen over time, no strict deadline at the moment
  • Options
    why. why would anyone upgrade phx other than ezra and maybe kanan. There is only like 1% of players that can actually complete the final tier with the factions you listed.

This game shouldn't be limited to just "popular" factions, if you can't do the final tier with what you have why is that our fault, you can upgrade and relic up toons to beat it or settle and get the highest tier you can. Simple....
  • Options
    Boomer8800 wrote: »

This game shouldn't be limited to just "popular" factions, if you can't do the final tier with what you have why is that our fault, you can upgrade and relic up toons to beat it or settle and get the highest tier you can. Simple....

Its not about "popular" factions, its about which factions are actually good and worth putting time into. There is no reason to put time and effort into tuskens.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Stop giving them ideas.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Its not about "popular" factions, its about which factions are actually good and worth putting time into. There is no reason to put time and effort into tuskens.

It's also been 50% the faction they want people to pour money into... Mandos, now Imp troopers. If (when) we get bo katan and maybe another mando, watch it switch back to Mandalorians. But I agree, there is no point to dip into such undervalued factions. It would still be cool to see more variety.
  • DarthVenomis
    473 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    The thing about mandos is that building some of them up will be (kinda) good because certain ones are needed for things and are actually pretty good outside of a mando team. (ex. og mando, armorer, canderous is needed for dr/malak, sabine for ghost, besko...well..)
  • Options
    Jawas. Jawas. and more Jawas.
    Phoenix would be ok too, i guess
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • Options
    Rogue one only would be nice
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Stop giving them BAD ideas.

FIFY 😉
  • Nova44
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Some of these tiers can barely be beaten using the required faction, do you really think ewoks, tuskens, and jawas will be able to beat teir 7 of their GC?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I prefer getting max rewards rather than not getting max rewards bc I won’t level bad toons that would hurt me and my guild in all the other areas
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

OK Boomer.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    There will be GCs for new factions when there are new characters for those factions. Like with Mandos and Troopers.
  • Options
    funny, when you can't beat something because you don't have a specific GL a group of people come and say that everyone had the time to farm all 4 gl. Yet some come here and say it is a bad idea to have a wide variety of factions in gc. Well, you had time to farm every ftp toon, don't you?
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

I just completed this round with a g12 g12 G11 G11 g10 team because of the bonuses. They could do the same for another faction. A G11 Jawa team would need a buff like "2nd attacks during a turn only apply debuffs." If they did that this round I think my g11 Jawas could take this team. It would require lots of remodding.
    9mm2fevtkwe9.jpg
    gy6a2tprc34r.jpgrvpv72tejjz0.jpg
    qntrmd6ms5p1.jpg

• Options
    funny, when you can't beat something because you don't have a specific GL a group of people come and say that everyone had the time to farm all 4 gl. Yet some come here and say it is a bad idea to have a wide variety of factions in gc. Well, you had time to farm every ftp toon, don't you?

Don't listen to those people.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

Relic Tuskens (heck lvl 85 Tuskens, heck level 10 Tuskens) are detrimental to TW & GAC matchmaking. No thanks. GLs are useful in most game modes so the benefit outweighs the cost.
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Options

You mean, some have bottomless pockets to buy all GL's? The overwhelming majority of the player base don't have 1.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    cboath7 wrote: »

You mean, some have bottomless pockets to buy all GL's? The overwhelming majority of the player base don't have 1.

I dont know about anyone else, but I would be really interested in seeing your data behind this.

I would be surprised if we were not approaching or past the 50% mark on ownership of at least 1.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I dont know about anyone else, but I would be really interested in seeing your data behind this.

I would be surprised if we were not approaching or past the 50% mark on ownership of at least 1.

pb8i5qk1bo62.jpg
    Player number in GAC across all divisions is 429,752.
    GL unlocks according to swgoh.gg are:
    - Rey: 11,472
    - SLRK: 19,047
    - JML: 17,822
    - SEE: 6,792
    All GL's combined: 55,133
    55133 / 429752 * 100 = 12.83%

So yes, the overwhelming majority of the playerbase (87.17%**) does not have a GL.

**And that is even under the ovbiously wrong assumption that every GL is possessed by a different person while in reality people possess multiple ones. So the real % number of non-GL owners will easily be 90+%.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    I think swgoh.gg numbers are based on registered accounts not all accounts. I am guessing that only 30% have registered their accounts.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    I think swgoh.gg numbers are based on registered accounts not all accounts. I am guessing that only 30% have registered their accounts.

I'd say people who register their acc there are also slightly more dedicated people. So once we also factor in the unregistered people the % number of GL owners will get even lower.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    I have two GL’s and do not have an account. Same with most of my guild. When people look up our guild on swgoh it is not even close to what is reality.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

pb8i5qk1bo62.jpg

So yes, the overwhelming majority of the playerbase (87.17%**) does not have a GL.

**And that is even under the ovbiously wrong assumption that every GL is possessed by a different person while in reality people possess multiple ones. So the real % number of non-GL owners will easily be 90+%.

** This assumes that everyone has an SWGOH.gg account
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »

I'd say people who register their acc there are also slightly more dedicated people. So once we also factor in the unregistered people the % number of GL owners will get even lower.

???

The numbers of players is not changed by registration on SWGOH, as that is not where that data is coming from. Any addition of players who have GLs and are not registered would raise the % owners, not lower.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

pb8i5qk1bo62.jpg

Is there any reason why the distribution of GLs in general should be different from the sample at .gg? If anything, the percentage of GL owners would be higher there, for reasons already said.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

pb8i5qk1bo62.jpg

Is there any reason why the distribution of GLs in general should be different from the sample at .gg? If anything, the percentage of GL owners would be higher there, for reasons already said.

That data being used are independent sets, the total population is not based on SWGOH.GG. so the % calculated there is "irrelevant", unless I'm misunderstanding the data collected in either of those locations.

This is my understanding of each data set:
    - Swgoh.gg data is only representative of players who have accounts
    - population data is based on the lowest ranks found by players looking in game at player profiles
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

pb8i5qk1bo62.jpg

That data being used are independent sets, the total population is not based on SWGOH.GG. so the % shown there is "irrelevant", unless I'm misunderstanding the data collected in either of those locations.

This is my understanding of each data set:
    - Swgoh.gg data is only representative of players who have accounts
    - population data is based on the lowest ranks found by players looking in game at player profiles

Ok, that was a brainfart on my part. Of course it is meaningless to compare the GLs at .gg with the total GAC population.