Marquis Characters like Dark Trooper (and Bo Ka(ra)ton) should go into Journey Guide

Gifafi
5627 posts Member
edited March 17
Why not put these events in the Journey Guide so people who got lazy with their alts somehow missed the event can play it (and the rest can replay. Kind of a limited sandbox, if you will)?

I think it would generate some goodwill among the newer players so they don't feel like they missed out and have to farm chars from scratch in months when they become farmable. Could also incentivize some spending from those who want the char but wouldn't spend if they had to start from scratch.
Maybe End Game isn't for you

Replies

  • crzydroid
    5860 posts Moderator
    Interesting idea for new players; however, it isn't likely to happen. They want to incentivize people to play everyday. For a seasoned player, 50 shards doesn't take that long once they're farmable. Probably two to three weeks at most.
  • StarSon
    5310 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Interesting idea for new players; however, it isn't likely to happen. They want to incentivize people to play everyday. For a seasoned player, 50 shards doesn't take that long once they're farmable. Probably two to three weeks at most.

    The bigger issue is catching up. And while doubling the shards really helps that, there's just so much a new player has missed out on and needs to do to get to end-game these days. Though I think putting every character ever into the JG is a terrible idea. Could you imagine how laggy that UI would be with 120 tiles?
  • Gifafi
    5627 posts Member
    Not every character ever. We don’t have that many event chars like trooper do we? How many marquee chars do we even have? Make a separate section for them if needed. I think people who start playing and see they can’t get even unlock a character bc they signed up a day later would be discouraged
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • crzydroid
    5860 posts Moderator
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Not every character ever. We don’t have that many event chars like trooper do we? How many marquee chars do we even have? Make a separate section for them if needed. I think people who start playing and see they can’t get even unlock a character bc they signed up a day later would be discouraged

    I think there are around 60 marquees now.
  • TVF
    30948 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Interesting idea for new players; however, it isn't likely to happen. They want to incentivize people to play everyday. For a seasoned player, 50 shards doesn't take that long once they're farmable. Probably two to three weeks at most.

    The bigger issue is catching up. And while doubling the shards really helps that, there's just so much a new player has missed out on and needs to do to get to end-game these days. Though I think putting every character ever into the JG is a terrible idea. Could you imagine how laggy that UI would be with 120 tiles?

    GG wave 4 LSTB laggy?
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    31094 posts Moderator
    Not that it couldnt happen, but during the big migration, all of the previous marquees were archived to save space. So while they still exist, they are not present on the player end (if I understand correctly). Adding them all back as a permanent feature may be "too bulky" of an option.

    Not to say they could do some rotation or something, but as stated above they have always been there as an incentive for active players. Also, while it's a great concept to give new players the "bump", it also muddies the waters when they really have many other things they should be focused on.
  • StarSon
    5310 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Not every character ever. We don’t have that many event chars like trooper do we? How many marquee chars do we even have? Make a separate section for them if needed. I think people who start playing and see they can’t get even unlock a character bc they signed up a day later would be discouraged

    As droid said, about 60 marquee. But still that becomes a very busy interface. Not sure you can unlock a marquee if you've only been playing a few days, though. Not sure how discouraged one would be about it, either.

    I don't disagree with your general premise, I think the game needs to significantly improve its catch-up mechanics now that we have GL's. JML is a minimum 2 year farm fro someone starting today.
  • Gifafi
    5627 posts Member
    Just the last 5 or 10 then. Rotate out the oldest.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    30948 posts Member
    I have no issues with this proposal.

    Gilbert_du_Motier_Marquis_de_Lafayette.PNG?width=218&height=300
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
Sign In or Register to comment.