Will XP carry over when lvl cap increases?

I'm leaning towards it not carrying over, but if anyone has an idea, I'd very much appreciate it.

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It will not. It does not bank.
  • Options
    If I remember correctly from my last 60 to 70 experience of cap raise = no
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    No, and I don't believe I've ever played a game in which it did.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    If you are at level 70 all XP earned goes into a black hole never to be seen again.
  • Options
    No but there was some discussion around converting capped xp into credits or something else in the future. Fingers crossed. :smile:
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    No but there was some discussion around converting capped xp into credits or something else in the future. Fingers crossed. :smile:

Players may have been discussing this but I doubt the devs have. There's zero incentive for them to do this as it would result in less revenue.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

Players may have been discussing this but I doubt the devs have. There's zero incentive for them to do this as it would result in less revenue.

The Devs have said they're considering doing something with XP at cap on Reddit.
  • Options

Good point .
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

The Devs have said they're considering doing something with XP at cap on Reddit.

Id rather them just keep giving us bonus energy when we get so much xp, personally
  • Options
    If I remember correctly from my last 60 to 70 experience of cap raise = no

Same...nothing
  • Options
    I didn't think so, just thought I would ask, thanks for the input, guys.
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    No, and I don't believe I've ever played a game in which it did.

Family guy would. I don't remember if the Simpsons taped out would or not. I know you kept getting chests as if you had leveled when you were mad, but I don't remember if those carried over. But I know family guy did. I was lv 50 then they released a level cap and bam, level 60 instantly. Which was the new cap. That's what they don't want to happen here. So your xp will not bank
  • Options

Can't say how I know but it's being discussed internally at EA/CG.
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »

Id rather them just keep giving us bonus energy when we get so much xp, personally

That idea was also bandied about.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    If you are at level 70 all XP earned goes into a black hole never to be seen again.

I guess the 7000 pieces of extra useless gear I have and the 150 GW tokens could be thrown down the same black hole. The difference is I can see the gear and tokens and it's pretty annoying to know you have 100s of something that you can't do anything with. I can't recall ever playing an rpg where the extra gear and items you get just kind of hang around with no choices on what to do with it.

I still can't understand why they did away with the sell feature. I mean we're people really making that many credits off selling gear??