More Capacity for Mod Loadouts Please!

KalHorn
102 posts Member
edited June 2021
With expanding rosters, especially now with expanded GAC, we need capacity to save more mod loadouts.

I have hit the max a long time ago so whenever I get a new character I will use in different game modes, I have to find one of my current mod loadouts to delete and it is getting harder and harder.

I would think increasing the capacity to 300 loadouts would be a relatively simple task. 3rrczkeb2rp0.png
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    Options
    Increasing mod cap also would be helpful though that’s not really an issue for me now that I have adopted the Playbook method of mod farming/management
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options
    Better mod management…pppfttt. You take the UI changes no one asked for and LIKE IT!

But seriously CG, give us what we are asking for rather than something we are not.
  • LordDirt
    5046 posts Member
    Options
    CG says no and will add R9 and two new types of gear. Thank you for your time.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This has come up in discussion over the past little bit. The general idea is that they are not likely to look only at one aspect (i.e. - increasing the cap) without looking at the UI as a whole.

Increasing the cap just pushes off the systemic problem of the UI, so it makes sense they would look at changes to the UI first, or with a cap change.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    This has come up in discussion over the past little bit. The general idea is that they are not likely to look only at one aspect (i.e. - increasing the cap) without looking at the UI as a whole.

Increasing the cap just pushes off the systemic problem of the UI, so it makes sense they would look at changes to the UI first, or with a cap change.

Why does the cap depend on the UI in CG’s mind? And if that is the case, is that why we have a mod cap? And do other resources, like credits, special currencies, etc not depend on the UI, and if not, why?
    None of these are meant to be “gotcha” questions, stuff like this interests me.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Why does the cap depend on the UI in CG’s mind? And if that is the case, is that why we have a mod cap? And do other resources, like credits, special currencies, etc not depend on the UI, and if not, why?

It's not so much that its dependent, it's just seems that if they are going to go in and change things, it's more "bang for the buck" to make it a better system too.

Also, as I said, a cap change without anything else just pushes out the same issue to a later date.
  • Options

It's not so much that its dependent, it's just seems that if they are going to go in and change things, it's more "bang for the buck" to make it a better system too.

Also, as I said, a cap change without anything else just pushes out the same issue to a later date.

I'll be honest, I still don't quite understand this rationale. Let's say they plan to, or hope to get around to overhauling the mod UI at some point in the future. Would raising the cap right now really push that back to an even later date? Because from what you're saying, it doesn't seem like an issue of literally needing to do both at the same time due to how the code works or something like that. Can they really not raise the cap now to temporarily alleviate the frustration caused by how clunky the mod UI is, while keeping the goal of addressing the UI at a later date? If this is still only in the discussion phase, it seems like any changes are way into the future anyway
  • Options

So, if I understand correctly, CG knows that the mod UI is WILDLY unpopular, but instead of fixing it one piece at a time, they want it to be one big solution. Not just revamping the mod cap, but the load out cap, organization, etc etc.
    Am I understanding this correctly?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

So, if I understand correctly, CG knows that the mod UI is WILDLY unpopular, but instead of fixing it one piece at a time, they want it to be one big solution. Not just revamping the mod cap, but the load out cap, organization, etc etc.
    Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes, that sounds about right. But just to be clear, raising the cap is not a fix. That stand alone item changing fixes nothing. Players will still end up here complaining about hitting the cap, just "not right now".

It's also not that they want to do it as 1 big thing, just that if they are going in to make changes they want to make it as effective as possible, which involves looking at more than just one part.
  • Options
    Kyno is 100% correct about raising the cap.

Everyone who is at the cap now would soon be at it again if they raised it.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    I appreciate the logic behind that argument.

Great timing for it too. I was about to make dinner for the family, but instead I can explain that there is no point since they will complain about being hungry again, just “not now”.
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

Great timing for it too. I was about to make dinner for the family, but instead I can explain that there is no point since they will complain about being hungry again, just “not now”.
    Forum analogy strikes again.

If you fed your family now, they would have made use of what you gave them by the time they were hungry again.

There are thousands of players who would do absolutely nothing with the 500 unequipped mods in their inventory if the cap was raised - until they reach whatever new cap is imposed.

TL;DR: mods =/= food.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options

If you fed your family now, they would have made use of what you gave them by the time they were hungry again.

There are thousands of players who would do absolutely nothing with the 500 unequipped mods in their inventory if the cap was raised - until they reach whatever new cap is imposed.

If they gave me extra inventory space, which is what people are asking for, I would make use of it in the meantime too.
  • Options

If they gave me extra inventory space, which is what people are asking for, I would make use of it in the meantime too.
    By filling it up?

People who reach mod inventory cap are not managing their mods. They will hit whatever cap is in place, irrespective of how big it is, until they start managing their mods.