Don‘t make us suffer through Assault battles every time

Bl4ckDe4th
169 posts Member
edited July 2021
They‘re just an enormous time sink. The trooper and NS ones are the worst, because they‘re not hard, it just requires a stupid amount of luck to get through round 1 / 4. Just annoys players every time and kills their devices battery / deteriorates it.
Just give us that SIM option. (Also for HSR and Fleet Mastery and a multi-sim option for events with multiple stages)
Why is that not there yet? You don‘t seem to play your own game.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• LendersQuiz
    1170 posts Member
    Options
    On December 4, 2019, during one of the Q&As the question below was asked. (The non-relevant parts have been removed.)
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2022106#Comment_2022106

Q: Can we get more simming of existing events, especially ones that have multiple waves (Secrets and Shadows, Rebel Roundup, etc.). Like if we beat them 5 or 10 times, or earn 3*, can we sim them in the future? Thank you!

A: CG_SvenGG - We've been thinking about the best way to decrease the time commitment we ask of players for content they are able to clear with trivial effort. Ultimately, that has led to the realization that we need a holistic approach to time-saving for players so that we can continue to add new content to the game without exacerbating the commitment players feel they have to make each day.

We have been asking for simmable assault battles for a long time now as you can see.

What's worse is approx two months after after that Q&A, on Jan 28, 2020, CG did the opposite of time savings and released Challenger Tiers 1 and 2 making the assault battles take even longer to complete.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223449/new-tiers-for-assault-battles

On July 03, 2020, I posted a reminder to CG about what they said about time saving. No response from them.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/232628/how-is-that-holistic-approach-to-time-saving-coming-along

Worse still is three weeks later, on July 23, 2020 CG released Challenger Tier 3.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/233637/content-update-07-23-2020

Since even before that Q&A from Dec 2019, when Q&As were still a thing, I have been asking this question (which was modified once the Challenger Tiers were released):

Some battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in are starting to get tedious. All of the eight round assault battles come to mind. Are there any plans to allow us to sim ALL battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in? Over a year ago, when somebody asked for this very QOL update, you said you were going to take a "holistic approach to time-saving" but since then, you have made these battles take even more time by adding additional tiers to the events. Can you please explain the contradiction?

I'm not a programmer, so I am unaware what the issue is. If other battles in the game can be simmed, what makes the Assault Battles "impossible" to do so?

When can we finally sim events that we have already achieved three stars in?

Advanced Fleet Mastery: • Admiral’s Maneuver • Endurance • Executrix • General’s Command • Home One -- Special Events: • Defense of Dathomir • Endor Escalation • Galactic Bounties I • Galactic Bounties II • Ghosts of Dathomir -- Assault Battles: • Forest Moon • Ground War • Military Might • Places of Power • Rebel Round Up • Secrets and Shadows -- Resource Events: • Contraband Cargo • Smuggler’s Run -- Mythic Events (only partially simmable): • Artist of War Mythic (Grand Admiral Thrawn) • Daring Droid Mythic (R2-D2) • Emperor's Demise Mythic (Emperor Palpatine) • Grand Master's Training Mythic (Grand Master Yoda) • Pieces & Plans Mythic (BB-8)

To those of you who say something along the lines of "this will reduce the amount of content in the game!", remember this, with the exception of the Rancor & Tank raids (in some guilds), just because an event or battle is simmable, just because some people want the OPTION to sim, it does NOT mean that YOU have to. You can still go right ahead and manually run every single battle. More power to you!

Some people have also suggesting something akin to Galactic Challenges, where as if you beat a higher tier, it auto completes the lower ones. This is, in essence, the same as simming, as far as rewards and time savings are concerned, so I am for whatever time saving method would be easier to program.
  • Options
    make assault battles simmable CG. Your game is tedious.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options
    On December 4, 2019, during one of the Q&As the question below was asked. (The non-relevant parts have been removed.)
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2022106#Comment_2022106

Q: Can we get more simming of existing events, especially ones that have multiple waves (Secrets and Shadows, Rebel Roundup, etc.). Like if we beat them 5 or 10 times, or earn 3*, can we sim them in the future? Thank you!

A: CG_SvenGG - We've been thinking about the best way to decrease the time commitment we ask of players for content they are able to clear with trivial effort. Ultimately, that has led to the realization that we need a holistic approach to time-saving for players so that we can continue to add new content to the game without exacerbating the commitment players feel they have to make each day.

We have been asking for simmable assault battles for a long time now as you can see.

What's worse is approx two months after after that Q&A, on Jan 28, 2020, CG did the opposite of time savings and released Challenger Tiers 1 and 2 making the assault battles take even longer to complete.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223449/new-tiers-for-assault-battles

On July 03, 2020, I posted a reminder to CG about what they said about time saving. No response from them.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/232628/how-is-that-holistic-approach-to-time-saving-coming-along

Worse still is three weeks later, on July 23, 2020 CG released Challenger Tier 3.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/233637/content-update-07-23-2020

Since even before that Q&A from Dec 2019, when Q&As were still a thing, I have been asking this question (which was modified once the Challenger Tiers were released):

Some battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in are starting to get tedious. All of the eight round assault battles come to mind. Are there any plans to allow us to sim ALL battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in? Over a year ago, when somebody asked for this very QOL update, you said you were going to take a "holistic approach to time-saving" but since then, you have made these battles take even more time by adding additional tiers to the events. Can you please explain the contradiction?

I'm not a programmer, so I am unaware what the issue is. If other battles in the game can be simmed, what makes the Assault Battles "impossible" to do so?

When can we finally sim events that we have already achieved three stars in?

Advanced Fleet Mastery: • Admiral’s Maneuver • Endurance • Executrix • General’s Command • Home One -- Special Events: • Defense of Dathomir • Endor Escalation • Galactic Bounties I • Galactic Bounties II • Ghosts of Dathomir -- Assault Battles: • Forest Moon • Ground War • Military Might • Places of Power • Rebel Round Up • Secrets and Shadows -- Resource Events: • Contraband Cargo • Smuggler’s Run -- Mythic Events (only partially simmable): • Artist of War Mythic (Grand Admiral Thrawn) • Daring Droid Mythic (R2-D2) • Emperor's Demise Mythic (Emperor Palpatine) • Grand Master's Training Mythic (Grand Master Yoda) • Pieces & Plans Mythic (BB-8)

To those of you who say something along the lines of "this will reduce the amount of content in the game!", remember this, with the exception of the Rancor & Tank raids (in some guilds), just because an event or battle is simmable, just because some people want the OPTION to sim, it does NOT mean that YOU have to. You can still go right ahead and manually run every single battle. More power to you!

Some people have also suggesting something akin to Galactic Challenges, where as if you beat a higher tier, it auto completes the lower ones. This is, in essence, the same as simming, as far as rewards and time savings are concerned, so I am for whatever time saving method would be easier to program.

And this is precisely why the Q&A’s went away. CG doesn’t like to be held to what they say, so if they don’t say anything, then we can’t say “ you said”.

This is also just another example of how CG could care less about what the players want. ( Looking at you Mace, Mod management, QOL update, communication, Death Star raid, gear economy changes, simmable challenges, sandbox mode, and unending loyalty bug)
  • Options
    Agree completely with OP. This is definitely a qol that is overdue.
  • Options
    After just suffering through FIFTY-SIX, THAT'S 56 rounds of Ground War (Challenge Tier III all the way down, 7 battles of 8 rounds each) for the umpteenth time, I enthusiastically agree.

That's boring. It's tedious. It's dumb. And it most definitely makes me like this game less and less each time I have to suffer through that waste of time.
  • Options
    Our wish has been granted!
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options

It finally happened! It only took around 1.7 years from that Q&A for it to happen sadly.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    But at what cost.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    At the cost of suffering through Conquest instead!
    Hurrah!? :p
  • Options
    Xcien wrote: »
    It finally happened! It only took around 1.7 years from that Q&A for it to happen sadly.

I should look back in time and see if I can find the first request for ship squads. Let's see how long it takes CG to do that QOL. :)
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    But at what cost.

ztxfcwqv7yhk.jpg
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options

I should look back in time and see if I can find the first request for ship squads. Let's see how long it takes CG to do that QOL. :)

Probably when they release a new game mode, then lock it behind a paywall.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    Probably when they release a new game mode, then lock it behind a paywall.

8c8wkj1fcamg.png

My response:
    nsjlu8z3wyi0.gif
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Squadrun
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    'Bout time they made Assault Battles simmable, jeezy creezy
    l5agjn1pm4x6.gif
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • Options
    Rogenhamen wrote: »
    'Bout time they made Assault Battles simmable, jeezy creezy
    l5agjn1pm4x6.gif
    Yeah. Too bad they chose to use it as a sop to try to distract us from the crazy ramp up of Galactic Grindquest.