Isn't Omega a kid toon?

Prev1
ADSIZ
posts Member
edited July 2021
Is it okay to be in a violent game? (Google translate)
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    i thought the same. because they didnt wanted to add baby yoda as a toon because of being a kid...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There are many characters used in this game that are on the younger side of things. I believe she is the youngest targetable solo character in game.
  • Options
    Look out Omega, Mission and Ezra! Anikin is coming.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    lu2mixdybu9e.jpeg
  • Mefatu
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Omega seems just like an innocent child with a small frame. Unlike like Nest or Mission. I too think it might be better if she couldnt be targeted.
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    Options
    th?id=OGC.05f6bc08c9bacb3494e93dacc97bb907&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2fRhhr8D5mKSX7O%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=epcHrilYMqkuhh3WqmuJBG%2fmqBaon1KPNJMgZTtzt7U%3d
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Mefatu wrote: »
    Omega seems just like an innocent child with a small frame. Unlike like Nest or Mission. I too think it might be better if she couldnt be targeted.

Tell that to all the troopers and other baddies in the show who keep shooting at her.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    Do we know how old the jawas are?
  • Options
    I too think it might be better if she couldnt be targeted.
    What would have been even better was to get Crosshair instead of Omeeega.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Tell that to all the troopers and other baddies in the show who keep shooting at her.

Actually they checked her tags beforehand and saw that she's a Clone Trooper, that's why they were ok with shooting at her. It happened off-screen
  • StealthGOBLIN32
    376 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    There are other young characters. Ahsoka is only 14.
    3v3 FTW
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Mission is 14, Ahsoka is 14, Ezra is 16, and Sabine is 17. Yet nobody minds attacking them.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    Xcien wrote: »
    Mission is 14, Ahsoka is 14, Ezra is 16, and Sabine is 17. Yet nobody minds attacking them.

Exactly, the reason grogu is different is he is basically a toddler physically all the others are capable of acting wholly independently, plus grogu is already attached to two other characters so there is little reason to make one just for them
  • Options
    Clearly putting children in harms way is fine if it is profitable. Typical EA.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

They are pixels based on a cartoon. If this isn't sarcastic, then I've lost a lot of respect for you.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

They are pixels based on a cartoon. If this isn't sarcastic, then I've lost a lot of respect for you.

Nope, it's not. Serious. Even imaginary violence towards children bothers me. ROTS stopped at actually showing the attack on younglings, only the aftermath. Clearly Lucas drew the line there. But honestly it bothered me. But I know that is story telling, and we had to hate Anakin before we would accept his fall from grace. It was part of his arc and road to redemption. Omega is just a new hero to chase and add to the bottom line. Now I need to decide how strongly I feel about this and if it's time to play the Clash song "..should I stay or should I go".
  • Options

Nope, it's not. Serious. Even imaginary violence towards children bothers me. ROTS stopped at actually showing the attack on younglings, only the aftermath. Clearly Lucas drew the line there. But honestly it bothered me. But I know that is story telling, and we had to hate Anakin before we would accept his fall from grace. It was part of his arc and road to redemption. Omega is just a new hero to chase and add to the bottom line. Now I need to decide how strongly I feel about this and if it's time to play the Clash song "..should I stay or should I go".

And you had no issue attacking other children in game before? Ahsoka and Mission are just a year older than Omega at 14
  • Options

And you had no issue attacking other children in game before? Ahsoka and Mission are just a year older than Omega at 14

Valid points, I never considered their age, all which now factor into my thoughts. As we age hopefully we gain some form of wisdom. I turn 63 in October. Still waiting. That said, it bothers me. Just being honest. Omega is designed visually to be the loveable moppet. While we are being honest, did attacking them knowing there age ever enter your mind or is it ok because they aren't real? How did you justify it?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Do you watch the Bad Batch show?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

How did you justify it?

It's not actually happening.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options

No, on the fence about subscribing to D+. Although Loki is tipping the scales. Lol. To be clear, I am not speaking about the show. Just the game.
  • Options

How did you justify it?

I get the concept, just how I am wired now I guess. I will admit having a 12yr old in the household is no doubt making me a bit hyper sensitive.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

How did you justify it?

I get the concept, just how I am wired now I guess. I will admit having a 12yr old in the household is no doubt making me a bit hyper sensitive.

Personally, I hope that kids seeing someone "like themselves" can relate and see that even in the face of a great opposition, they can stand up for others and live a life based on principles. It may be hard to relate as you get older, but a bully in school or other "tough situations" can be just as terrifying as "facing a stormtrooper" in their mind.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

No, on the fence about subscribing to D+. Although Loki is tipping the scales. Lol. To be clear, I am not speaking about the show. Just the game.

Also keep in mind that even in the game you are playing a holotable game - it's not a simulation.

• Options

Also keep in mind that even in the game you are playing a holotable game - it's not a simulation.

It's pixels of pixels. It's like inception in here
  • Options

How did you justify it?

Personally, I hope that kids seeing someone "like themselves" can relate and see that even in the face of a great opposition, they can stand up for others and live a life based on principles. It may be hard to relate as you get older, but a bully in school or other "tough situations" can be just as terrifying as "facing a stormtrooper" in their mind.

True, fought bullies all my life. My concern is those needing a push to really go out and hurt a child could be triggered and emboldened by hurting an imaginary one. It's like a comedian once said "Ever go to a midnight horror show? You just know some there are making notes". Scary world for kids these days. God help them, with the world we are leaving them. I'm soon to be 63, my road ahead is shorter than the one behind. It's their world now.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

How did you justify it?

True, fought bullies all my life. My concern is those needing a push to really go out and hurt a child could be triggered and emboldened by hurting an imaginary one. It's like a comedian once said "Ever go to a midnight horror show? You just know some there are making notes". Scary world for kids these days. God help them, with the world we are leaving them. I'm soon to be 63, my road ahead is shorter than the one behind. It's their world now.

Personally, when something bothers me, I look for real world ways to help the situation. (Thing much worse than depicted in game/movies, is happening to real children every day.) If someone has a desire to do something, it's not a games/contents fault. People are responsible for their own choices and actions. It's hard to say its their world, it's all of ours, and helping them understand that an many other things is our responsibility. We can move on, and get back on topic. Thanks for the candid talk.
  • Options

How did you justify it?

Personally, when something bothers me, I look for real world ways to help the situation. (Thing much worse than depicted in game/movies, is happening to real children every day.) If someone has a desire to do something, it's not a games/contents fault. People are responsible for their own choices and actions. It's hard to say its their world, it's all of ours, and helping them understand that an many other things is our responsibility. We can move on, and get back on topic. Thanks for the candid talk.

Games employ people to determine emotional triggers. What holds their interest, what moves them to spend, etc. Anything can trigger our emotions. For example my smelling pine trees reminds me of my Grandmothers house, it had pine trees all around. It makes me smile and think of her and times we had. Read up on triggers you might change your blanket statement absolving games of no responsibility for their effect on players. But shirking responsibility is typical of game studios. I have befriended many former Devs, many say they got out with their soul intact. I won't mention the names of said studios, but we all know them.

I'm out, this thread is hidden, and will die as intended. But hey, it's not the games fault right?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited July 2021
    Options

How did you justify it?

Games employ people to determine emotional triggers. What holds their interest, what moves them to spend, etc. Anything can trigger our emotions. For example my smelling pine trees reminds me of my Grandmothers house, it had pine trees all around. It makes me smile and think of her and times we had. Read up on triggers you might change your blanket statement absolving games of no responsibility for their effect on players. But shirking responsibility is typical of game studios. I have befriended many former Devs, many say they got out with their soul intact. I won't mention the names of said studios, but we all know them.

I'm out, this thread is hidden, and will die as intended. But hey, it's not the games fault right?

This game and all its content is based on movies and other source material, you blaming the game and as a blanket statement seems to show some bias here.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    I missed the part where you can cut off her head with an axe.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH