It is time to increase stun guns availability

With so many gear checks in other parts of the game, I think it is safe to release the death grip on stun guns. Going 2 for 36 on a tier 8 mission is useless. Store frequency is 5-15 per day.

I have 55 characters waiting on mk5 stun guns. It’s ridiculous that after all these years, you haven’t figured out how to allow gear requirements to evolve. You are stuck on the same anchors and it is tedious and lazy.

There should be no fear in people getting their rosters to g12 average. You’ve already introduced r8, these stun guns aren’t going to make people individually better in PvP, it will give them more options to try in PvE.

Replies

• Options
    I get a lot of characters need MK5 stun guns at some point in their gear grind but you shouldn’t be needing to use all stun guns on all 55 at once. If you’re really bottlenecked at that I’d slow down your gear upgrading so you can focus on one at a time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I get a lot of characters need MK5 stun guns at some point in their gear grind but you shouldn’t be needing to use all stun guns on all 55 at once. If you’re really bottlenecked at that I’d slow down your gear upgrading so you can focus on one at a time.

This is a hot topic, and has been for a while, but the beat way to deal is this^^^. Best to manage things on our end, which takes some focus on who you choose to gear.
  • Options
    Agree to disagree. Other games have learned how to advance their gear economies with their gear requirements. They don’t need to gate characters at g8, g9, g10, g11, g12, g13 AND higher relic tiers. They can move initial gates more toward g11. Problem is they pushed Kyrotech too low and it gates toons early too.

This isn’t about my personal solution, it’s time they give meaningful thought to a gear economy that motivates players to level MORE toons than less. Choices should be for G13 and R3+.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    This is a hot topic, and has been for a while, but the beat way to deal is this^^^. Best to manage things on our end, which takes some focus on who you choose to gear.

Having to choose which toons to g10 was a thing what, 2, 3 years ago? Move the choices up with the content. Allowing wider rosters at g10/g11 doesn’t affect top end gameplay in PvE nor PvP. It lets more players try and learn more teams/toons.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

But Kyno, if you manage things on your end then you have to take responsibility for your choices.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

But Kyno, if you manage things on your end then you have to take responsibility for your choices.

Again, choices should slide up WITH difficulty and rewards. You should be choosing which GL you want, not which g10/g11/g12. That’s the problem.
  • Options
    By choosing which GL you want, you’re also choosing which characters you need to gear up. And by doing that you can clearly see which ones need Stun Guns or any other gear to get to relic.
  • Phuzakie
    11 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    By choosing which GL you want, you’re also choosing which characters you need to gear up. And by doing that you can clearly see which ones need Stun Guns or any other gear to get to relic.

Which could take a player just starting a GL how long on stun guns alone? Two months? Maybe more? My suggestion is that besides having to farm 7*, set the GL gates on G13 and Relic+.

And while that player is working on their GL toons, there is no harm giving them enough stun guns to also get more teams to around g11 or g12. Let them get close enough to try Wat mission. Let them get filler teams that let try more of the game.

No one is arguing that the game shouldn’t force players to make meaningful choices, it is that Stun Guns cast a very wide net of choice earlier than it needs to be cast.

Move the choice to later in gear progression. It doesn’t hurt end game content.