Update today! Changes made to GW!

Prev13
xJazzx
808 posts Member
edited March 2016
From Jesse

Greetings,

Here is the short update note for today.
Additional matchmaking improvements have been made to Galactic War.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/22341/game-update-3-23-2016#latest

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    And to think some people complain that we never get any updates.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    It s very short message
  • Options
    I wouldnt call this an update lol
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    And to think some people complain that we never get any updates.

Witty. I like it.
    {RotE}
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    is this good or bad news?
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Achilles wrote: »

Yes
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I'm trying GW right now. Four days ago it became easier (all 7* 70 lvl heroes started from 5th node earlier and four days ago I could have 65 lvl squad even at 6 node). I decided that it is connected with the fact that average Arena level was increased.
    Today's one is also very easy. 70 started from 7th node, but teams are extremely easy. First 7 nodes were done with one team (Barris (L), Chewie, Fives, Lumi and Sid) without a single retreat. All characters are with full HP and restored cooldowns at my 8th node now.
  • Options
    There was some very useful and much needed information in the update. Maybe next he will tell us what he had for breakfast.
  • Options
    They
  • Options
    I only faced Sid in about 8 nodes today. That was different.
  • Options
    To be honest, today's GW was a lot harder than others. I have 20 level 70 toons with gear 7 or higher and 4 stars or more. Only 4 characters were left standing at the end of GW. So to answer the question the update was not a good thing. Can't wait to get my butt kicked in a couple weeks when the cap increases and I have to fight 8 level 80 teams!
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    To be honest, today's GW was a lot harder than others. I have 20 level 70 toons with gear 7 or higher and 4 stars or more. Only 4 characters were left standing at the end of GW. So to answer the question the update was not a good thing. Can't wait to get my butt kicked in a couple weeks when the cap increases and I have to fight 8 level 80 teams!

Do you have Barriss?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Yes

Pretty much.
    For those bothering to keep track, it has now been 6 weeks since we had an update of any significance.
    It has now also been 4 months since the game launched with not one new repeatable gameplay mode added, no significant changes to PvP, no significant changes to GW, no practice mode implemented, no guilds, 1.5 events that each provide only a few minutes of play time for most people, only one new character added to Arena shipments (3 months ago), and zero new characters added to GW shipments.
    Meanwhile the game is still pulling in over $1,000,000 a week in revenues.
    But hey, they tweaked GW matchmaking.
  • Irrlicht
    471 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

btw you are right. Today's teams were more diverse than usually.
  • Options
    Bet they made it more difficult based on poor amount of information they provide.
  • Options
    GW for today is finished. It was easier in the beginning and a bit harder in the end, in average the same as several days before. More diverse teams, that is interesting, but not sure whether it is not just random. Oh, and I've got Vader shard at 12th node.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Development budgets are not intrinsically linked to profit margins.
    Development schedules in corporate environs are typically pretty slow.
    This is a niche phone app, and likely has a very small budget and staff compared to, say, Madden 2015.
  • Options

Yes

Pretty much.
    For those bothering to keep track, it has now been 6 weeks since we had an update of any significance.
    It has now also been 4 months since the game launched with not one new repeatable gameplay mode added, no significant changes to PvP, no significant changes to GW, no practice mode implemented, no guilds, 1.5 events that each provide only a few minutes of play time for most people, only one new character added to Arena shipments (3 months ago), and zero new characters added to GW shipments.

Yeah...
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    This is a niche phone app, and likely has a very small budget and staff compared to, say, Madden 2015.

Well EA is getting the pants sued off them for Madden right now. Time to change their business model and focus 100% on phone apps. :)
  • Options
    Irrlicht wrote: »

He's not wrong, but then again, I run a level 50 team, so.
  • Options
    Funny I think they made nothing at all... Just testing our placebo reaction... There was no change. They have serious problems to fix things, it means that they have a serious problem with code, it means every time they have to change something they scratch their heads and write a fix solution. Probably they need to rewrite the game completely buying time in the meanwhile. Let's be realistic, if Lol have a bug on a character they make the character in question unusable for maybe 1 to 2 days and they fix it. So there you go EA teaching you how to fix your problem. Give everyone 400 crystal 800 arena shards a day, lock arena battles, FIX ALL THE CHARACTERS ONE BY ONE. fix all the evasion all the turn meters all the removing effects not working all the leaders not working. RE OPEN PVP IN A WEEK WITH ALL THE CHARACTERS WORKING. Stop bullshitting us all while we pay you all.
  • Options
    Give us guilds
  • Options

Yes

Pretty much.

Preach brother, you know I agree....
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    Options
    So I noticed with the Mar 3 GW update, it seemed that the difficulty reset, and then increased every few days until it plateaued.

I wonder if those having trouble with GW could take in lower power Arena team to reset the GW difficulty with this new update?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    EROSIONE wrote: »
    There was no change. They have serious problems to fix things, it means that they have a serious problem with code, it means every time they have to change something they scratch their heads and write a fix solution. Probably they need to rewrite the game completely buying time in the meanwhile.

This is more than a bit overboard. GW matchmaking involves algorithms that really do require tweaking and adjustment.
    And it's good that they are doing this and will continue to. But it doesn't qualify as an update by any meaningful definition of that word.
    There are so many small things they could have done by now while we wait for the "big update" coming "somewhen". But they refuse to implement anything of substance at all, and so we just sit here doing the same things for months on end.
  • Options
    Irrlicht wrote: »

+1
  • kalidor
    2125 posts Member
    Options
    If GW matchmaking changed, I certainly didn't notice tonight. But that's probably a good thing, since the last major change to GW gradually ramped up the difficulty, rather that the easy-easy-easy-full L70/7* pattern I was getting before. Still getting to stage 9-11 before being knocked out.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options

Yes

Pretty much.

I'm not claiming you don't really know their financial figures but I do want to ask how you know what their weekly revenue is; so, how do you know their weekly sales figures?
  • Options

Over/under
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    This counts as the weekly update... Or does it?
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.