Who's next in line for galactic legends?

Replies

• Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    edited July 2021
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    What did JML do again?

Bought time for the Resistance to escape from all the way across the galaxy?

Convinced Rey to not abandon everything she was fighting for?

Doesnt seem very GL to me.

I don't really care what "seems" GL though.

I'm going to suspect all future GLs will all have this argument

Luke, Rey, Kylo, Palpatine, Obi-Wan, Anakin are the main protagonist / antagonist of each trilogy so there isn't much room to debate about this (but people still find a way to argue that Rey/SLKR aren't GL status)

Personally, idc who CG deems is a Galactic Legend, some of the choices will be controversial just so that certain factions can have a GL of their own
  • Options
    Jabba (Scoundrel)
    x
    Leia (Rebel)
  • Options
    I'd wish that the powers-that-be would release a Non-force-using character as a GL.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    GL Ezra Bridger ! Just because I'm watching Rebels...

Maybe the new Mandalorian Grand Admiral Thrawn could be a new GL (with enhanced fracture, which would actually work against GLs again...)
  • Options
    Antario wrote: »
    GL Ezra Bridger ! Just because I'm watching Rebels...

Maybe the new Mandalorian Grand Admiral Thrawn could be a new GL (with enhanced fracture, which would actually work against GLs again...)

My thoughts exactly
  • Options
    No Darth jar jar?
  • Options
    There's a reason they stopped releasing pairs at the same time.

They won't have to be directly oppositional anymore. Seps get GL Dooku (any higher up the food chain & you get to Palp, who wasn't really a Separatist at all, so Dooku is not only the most famous Sep, and the face of the Seps, he's the highest ranking Sep: he should be their GL).

GL Leia for the Rebels.

Cassian Andor or Lando (Scoundrels/LS)

Jabba or Boba (Scoundrels/DS + BH?)

That's 6 choices for 4 positions, but my crystal ball isn't always clear. In any case, I think all those choices are solid, not just because most of them are legendary in the sense of famous to regular Galactic inhabitants, but also because BoBF and the Cassian Andor series will make CG & Disney want to make money off the tie ins.

I don't think they're going to try to do a Tusken GL, but if they did it should be A'Sharad Hett. (Personally I think Sharad Hett should be a legendary & A'Sharad Hett should be a Hero's Journey.)

I boldly predict we will never get a GL Jawa, but as they cycle through all the GLs, they will try to give us a new Jawa that gives the faction a large enough bump that they can justify requiring it in GCs for a month. Maybe a conquest toon, maybe a Legendary (even though none of us will have heard the legends) that spins out of BoBF (since that will happen on Tatooine, and maybe they meet a Jawa or two that actually have names).

But check this out:
    If we don't get Boba as the GL BH or GL DS Scoundrel, what about Boba as a GL Clone Trooper? Eh. Doesn't really fit. He was never a trooper, even if he was a clone. Scratch that. Go with my original predictions there.

So that means clones may never get a GL, unless it's a Fives or Rex in a new form, from very, very late in CW:TAS.

Okay, that's all the thoughts I have for now.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options

I don't think they're going to try to do a Tusken GL, but if they did it should be A'Sharad Hett. (Personally I think Sharad Hett should be a legendary & A'Sharad Hett should be a Hero's Journey.)

Are A’Shard and Sharad still canon though? If so, then one of them could probably work. And what about A’Yark? While she might not be GL status, I’d be nice to have her and both Hetts in the game.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    No Darth jar jar?

He's not a GL. They need to come up with a tier above GLs to add him.
  • Night2
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Star wars is what it is now mainly because of harrison ford performance in first movies so next one should be GL Han solo
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    Night2 wrote: »
    Star wars is what it is now mainly because of harrison ford performance in first movies so next one should be GL Han solo

That might be true for Indiana Jones... but Star Wars? Sorry, but the fact Star wars is what it is now has hardly to do with the performance of a single actor.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Night2 wrote: »

We have everything from young Han through cosplay Han to old cranky Han. What would you add? Inexplicable Force ghost Han?
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Options
    Leia does deserve the GL tag.

But I got the feeling that she’ll be more like CAT.
  • TVF
    36647 posts Member
    Options
    Kiaowew wrote: »
    That really leaves the last couple from old republic and then there should be no GL. No one else deserves to be GL

That's not how progression works.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MilHanso
    292 posts Member
    Options
    There's a reason they stopped releasing pairs at the same time.

They won't have to be directly oppositional anymore. Seps get GL Dooku (any higher up the food chain & you get to Palp, who wasn't really a Separatist at all, so Dooku is not only the most famous Sep, and the face of the Seps, he's the highest ranking Sep: he should be their GL).

GL Leia for the Rebels.

Cassian Andor or Lando (Scoundrels/LS)

Jabba or Boba (Scoundrels/DS + BH?)

That's 6 choices for 4 positions, but my crystal ball isn't always clear. In any case, I think all those choices are solid, not just because most of them are legendary in the sense of famous to regular Galactic inhabitants, but also because BoBF and the Cassian Andor series will make CG & Disney want to make money off the tie ins.

I boldly predict we will never get a GL Jawa, but as they cycle through all the GLs, they will try to give us a new Jawa that gives the faction a large enough bump that they can justify requiring it in GCs for a month. Maybe a conquest toon, maybe a Legendary (even though none of us will have heard the legends) that spins out of BoBF (since that will happen on Tatooine, and maybe they meet a Jawa or two that actually have names).

But check this out:
    If we don't get Boba as the GL BH or GL DS Scoundrel, what about Boba as a GL Clone Trooper? Eh. Doesn't really fit. He was never a trooper, even if he was a clone. Scratch that. Go with my original predictions there.

So that means clones may never get a GL, unless it's a Fives or Rex in a new form, from very, very late in CW:TAS.

Okay, that's all the thoughts I have for now.

what have you been drinking/smoking??? :#
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Yoda

He literally is a legend of that galaxy
  • Options
    While I don’t think they’ll make characters from Legends, if they did there would be a lot of choices. Maybe Jacen Solo and Tsavong Lah, or Jaina Solo and Darth Caedus
  • Options
    LS Boba GL would be nice to make BHs relevant again. Plus along with Fennec Shand there could be at least 4 LS BH. Just need one more for a whole team at last!
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    LS Boba GL would be nice to make BHs relevant again. Plus along with Fennec Shand there could be at least 4 LS BH. Just need one more for a whole team at last!

Depending on how BoBF goes, we’ll see if Boba and Fennec are more DS or LS.

• Options
    I’m thinking Jabba is an obvious one at some point, or at least a journey character. Leia most likely for Rebels. Possibly Boba Fett. Yoda SHOULD get one but at this point probably not.

At this point I don’t think there will be a dedicated OT empire GL. I think there’s a good chance Lord Vader has the Sith and empire tags anyway.
  • Options
    Xcien wrote: »

Could always be neutral with synergy with LS and DS?

All I know is I'm tired of every GL being Jedi and Sith. So many characters worthy of it without needing to be force users. Han, Chewie, Leia for LS. DS could be Boba but he seems more grey area now, current Darth Vader should really be GL level, Jabba perhaps? Could summon a pet Rancor.

Old GLs focused on the final form of each character, now Kenobi and Vader are going backwards. Maybe Kenobi was more impressive during Clone Wars, but "Lord Vader" lasted half a film before he became a human cyborg. Not many people even knew he was a thing until he returned as Darth Vader. Killing younglings hardly makes him a Galactic Legend.

What CG should have focused on was making more raid content, not creating a power vacuum with GLs. Then they wouldn't have this ridiculous Vader timeline issue.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options

They have never used the neutral tag, and I believe they said that they accidentally added it.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Hardcase76 wrote: »
    I’m thinking Jabba is an obvious one at some point, or at least a journey character. Leia most likely for Rebels. Possibly Boba Fett. Yoda SHOULD get one but at this point probably not.

At this point I don’t think there will be a dedicated OT empire GL. I think there’s a good chance Lord Vader has the Sith and empire tags anyway.

I don’t think Jabba would be a GL unless they add a non-GL version of him to the game first.

• Options
    Red 5 pilot Luke, along with a Red 5 X-Wing that boosts rebel fleets up to the point where they beat Executor fleets.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

They have never used the neutral tag, and I believe they said that they accidentally added it.

They wanted it for T3-M4 but ran into some problems at the time. If they managed to resolve it, the neutral tag might still come.
  • Options
    GL Zuckuss 💪🏻
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    Red 5 pilot Luke, along with a Red 5 X-Wing that boosts rebel fleets up to the point where they beat Executor fleets.

exactly my thoughts. i dont think we get another cap ship for new meta - we get another ship legend like the falcon.
    lukes x-wing would be awesome with JKL as pilot or CLS.
    yes - many players have them with high relics, but the reqs for this journey could be like the executors.
  • Options
    the reqs for this journey could be like the executors.

No.

The reqs for Executor are obscene. We don't have anything like a single super powerful ship that can solo whole fleets. SLKR can solo good enemy squads, as can SEE. Their insane requirements are justified by their insane power levels.

To justify requirements like the Executor's for a standard deployable (i.e. non capital) x wing, that ship would have to be able to solo entire fleets under a g10 Ackbar lead.

And here's the thing: I don't want any single ship to solo whole fleets, even if it is Red 5.

The power level almost certainly wouldn't justify Executor like requirements, and if the power level did, that would be a HORRIBLE thing and we should all roundly reject it and yell at CG for even thinking it.

Instead, Red 5 should be a very powerful ship that cannot, by itself, solo whole fleets, but is the best individual attacker in the game. To acquire the ship, instead of having insane requirements, Red 5 should be the reward for a new Heroic Death Star Raid that uses ships for at least one phase of it. (It could use ships for more than one phase, or it could be based on Return of the Ewoks and you can battle a scout walker in P1, Vader in p2, Palp in p3, and then ships to blow the core in p4.)

Now no more discussion of relic requirements for ships. It was obscene. CG implemented it badly. It insulted the people who actually value ships, and they need to sit in the corner and think about what they've done for a year before they ever try anything like that again.
  • Options
    Red squadron as a capital ship could be fun.