Update today! Changes made to GW!

Replies

• Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Achilles wrote: »
    is this good or bad news?

Yes

Pretty much.
    For those bothering to keep track, it has now been 6 weeks since we had an update of any significance.
    It has now also been 4 months since the game launched with not one new repeatable gameplay mode added, no significant changes to PvP, no significant changes to GW, no practice mode implemented, no guilds, 1.5 events that each provide only a few minutes of play time for most people, only one new character added to Arena shipments (3 months ago), and zero new characters added to GW shipments.
    Meanwhile the game is still pulling in over $1,000,000 a week in revenues.
    But hey, they tweaked GW matchmaking.

Why would they rush to add anything when they're making that kind of coin a week. If they can get away with limited updates and ppl still give them money. why not? It will be a year before we get anything you listed above, lol.
  • Options

Yes

Pretty much.
    For those bothering to keep track, it has now been 6 weeks since we had an update of any significance.
    It has now also been 4 months since the game launched with not one new repeatable gameplay mode added, no significant changes to PvP, no significant changes to GW, no practice mode implemented, no guilds, 1.5 events that each provide only a few minutes of play time for most people, only one new character added to Arena shipments (3 months ago), and zero new characters added to GW shipments.

I'm not claiming you don't really know their financial figures but I do want to ask how you know what their weekly revenue is; so, how do you know their weekly sales figures?

Just check top grossing apps you'll see how much each app makes weekly.
  • Options
    To be honest, today's GW was a lot harder than others. I have 20 level 70 toons with gear 7 or higher and 4 stars or more. Only 4 characters were left standing at the end of GW. So to answer the question the update was not a good thing. Can't wait to get my butt kicked in a couple weeks when the cap increases and I have to fight 8 level 80 teams!

I got 3 battles farther than I have in the past month (terribly unbalanced for me, havent won in forever) only to face an entire 7 star squad (put up against my 4 5 and 6), completely destroying all 20 of my suicide characters and my hard hitting squad
  • Options
    Reddplague wrote: »

Yes

Pretty much.

I'm not claiming you don't really know their financial figures but I do want to ask how you know what their weekly revenue is; so, how do you know their weekly sales figures?

Just check top grossing apps you'll see how much each app makes weekly.

Cool, thanks.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    To be honest, today's GW was a lot harder than others. I have 20 level 70 toons with gear 7 or higher and 4 stars or more. Only 4 characters were left standing at the end of GW. So to answer the question the update was not a good thing. Can't wait to get my butt kicked in a couple weeks when the cap increases and I have to fight 8 level 80 teams!

Do you have Barriss?
    Just got Barriss a couple weeks ago. Since I got her I am 12-2 in Gw. She is a Gw must with her healing against all the Kylo and Sidious that you will face in Gw. Today she died in battle 10 but I still had Lumi and JC.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

Do you have Barriss?
    Just got Barriss a couple weeks ago. Since I got her I am 12-2 in Gw. She is a Gw must with her healing against all the Kylo and Sidious that you will face in Gw. Today she died in battle 10 but I still had Lumi and JC.

If someone dies, and it is not a suicide squad, retreat and either swap toons slots or make different decisions. The only battle I allow an A teamer to die in is the last one.
  • Puke_Piestalker
    68 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've finished it, nothing has changed from what I've noticed still an easy plowthroug.. Plus Jesse's statement is kinda vague lulz.. Hope the good man will state something more solid about it soon :) I did see Mr. Trap and Britney Veers for the first time though.
  • Options
    I think I got cocky today as I ran over Gw yesterday and only lost 1 toon. Having built my A B C and D teams means I don't have to spend two hours playing Gw. Although it is the only part of the game right now that is any fun. I feel like Desmond in Lost the rest of the time, having to push the buttons until the timer runs out and very bad things happen. I ve been pushing the buttons three times a day since December. Can't wait for the update though. The squad arena is getting way too crowded at the top on my old server. Too many people have too many options at this point. A level increase will separate ptp and ftp for a bit.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Hey I just want to say my GW got a little easier toward the end. Yes I saw that teams are more varied then usual and for some reason I started getting shards from node 9. I got Sidious, in node 9, Dooku on node 11, and JC on node 12 plus I got 4 level 3 ability mats my rewards were abundant today lets see tomorrow.
  • Options
    EROSIONE wrote: »
    There was no change. They have serious problems to fix things, it means that they have a serious problem with code, it means every time they have to change something they scratch their heads and write a fix solution. Probably they need to rewrite the game completely buying time in the meanwhile.

This is more than a bit overboard. GW matchmaking involves algorithms that really do require tweaking and adjustment.
    And it's good that they are doing this and will continue to. But it doesn't qualify as an update by any meaningful definition of that word.
    There are so many small things they could have done by now while we wait for the "big update" coming "somewhen". But they refuse to implement anything of substance at all, and so we just sit here doing the same things for months on end.

Yeah... Yet another vague placation. Other games have update notes that are specific down to the decimal point. Wouldn't it be nice...
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options

Do you have Barriss?

I'm tired of seeing people asked if they have Barris on GW threads. Winning GW or not shouldn't revolve around one character.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    I think I got cocky today as I ran over Gw yesterday and only lost 1 toon. Having built my A B C and D teams means I don't have to spend two hours playing Gw. Although it is the only part of the game right now that is any fun. I feel like Desmond in Lost the rest of the time, having to push the buttons until the timer runs out and very bad things happen. I ve been pushing the buttons three times a day since December. Can't wait for the update though. The squad arena is getting way too crowded at the top on my old server. Too many people have too many options at this point. A level increase will separate ptp and ftp for a bit.

May you rock your server when that update showes its face. I wish you the best of luck.
  • Options
    I dont have Bariss and beat it without many phone throws
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »

Do you have Barriss?

I'm tired of seeing people asked if they have Barris on GW threads. Winning GW or not shouldn't revolve around one character.

I have finished 60 GWs as of today. I don't have Barriss... She isn't necessary if you have a reasonably deep squad. However, she is a quick fix for those that don't have a deep bench.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    FYI this is not the only update this week...
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Do you have Barriss?

I have finished 60 GWs as of today. I don't have Barriss... She isn't necessary if you have a reasonably deep squad. However, she is a quick fix for those that don't have a deep bench.

*This* I should unlock her tomorrow or the next day. I've been gw every day for the last month. Once I have her usable it'll just require less curse words to get through it.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

@EA_Jesse care to share more details? :)
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Because of the attrition in GW, healing is key. Barriss is the best HoT plus a health boost.
    It was a reasonable question.
    She isn't NECESSARY, but if you are having trouble, she helps a lot.
    Luminara is a viable sub.
    HoT counters attrition.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

thanks jesse. i love the multitudes of knee-**** reactions from the playerbase.
    bordering on **** is the nicest way i can put it.
    mighty chlorians
  • Options

The week ends tomorrow, FYI.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have a question. WHY NOT TELL US EXACTLY WHAT THE CHANGES ARE!? Why keep how GW works a secret?
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options

Baggodi wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Do you have Barriss?

*This* I should unlock her tomorrow or the next day. I've been gw every day for the last month. Once I have her usable it'll just require less curse words to get through it.

I don't have her either and beat GW. People on here act like she makes or breaks it.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options

So I will be lvl 71 tomorrow?
  • Options
    EROSIONE wrote: »
    There was no change. They have serious problems to fix things, it means that they have a serious problem with code, it means every time they have to change something they scratch their heads and write a fix solution. Probably they need to rewrite the game completely buying time in the meanwhile.

This is more than a bit overboard. GW matchmaking involves algorithms that really do require tweaking and adjustment.
    And it's good that they are doing this and will continue to. But it doesn't qualify as an update by any meaningful definition of that word.
    There are so many small things they could have done by now while we wait for the "big update" coming "somewhen". But they refuse to implement anything of substance at all, and so we just sit here doing the same things for months on end.

Yeah... Yet another vague placation. Other games have update notes that are specific down to the decimal point. Wouldn't it be nice...
    And its not even vague. it's non existent. For some reason the devs want to keep how GW works a secret. I mean what dev refuses to tell us what the changes they are making are?
  • Options

Same here...was facing full 7* teams at 5th node
  • Options
    chainsaw wrote: »

Same here...was facing full 7* teams at 5th node

Maybe this is why they aren't telling us what they changed. They know their feet will get held over the coals for it

• Options
    I have a question. WHY NOT TELL US EXACTLY WHAT THE CHANGES ARE!? Why keep how GW works a secret?

@President_Scroob They keel a lot a 'secret' from us. Whether it's how GW matchmaking really works, future update specifics, or just basic stats (how much crit % is 785 crit???). It's kind of odd really. I'm happy they are at least working on things and giving us some info though.
  • Options

Perfect Desmond reference in this comment. Well done!
  • Balbes
    82 posts Member
    Options
    Frankly I didn't see any changes after last mini update. I did GW on 2 accounts couple of minutes ago and still same spikes. Doable but frustrating to see same teams with QGJ+Rey+RG+Yoda+Daka/Dooko for like 7 rounds in the row. Those are exact teams I face in arena battles in top 10 every day. Unless we get more technical update information I won't believe that there were any changes.
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    Dear lord people on here change there tune so fast....