DS Geo P1 SM Getting completely wrecked on 3/4 [MERGE]

Prev134
Krace
16 posts Member
edited September 2021
So, I'm really tired of having to ask this question. What's up CG?

I have never had this much trouble with the P1 SM. I haven't lost this mission since maybe the very fist time or two that we ran DS Geo TB, and my toons have continued to get stronger since then.

Now I go into the SM and in on wave 3/4 I get my face ripped off like I was using a group of G12 when I actually have a full squad of R5 toons. I'm not the only one this is happening to either. So far almost every member of my guild that has tried has lost with the exception of 1-2 people, and they said that fight took them 15 minutes and they very well could have lost at one point. I don't remember seeing any changes going to be made to DS Geo. Did anyone else? If not, then I'll be waiting for my apology email from CG with some Get2 and some crystals for the inconvenience to myself and probably many others.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Ok I’ve not lost to that mission since it’s began. R8 Nute and my team is all relic 5 and up and I crawled into the last phase with just Nute and droideka. And numerous guild members are saying the same thing. Shaak is cra cra!!
  • Options
    Yea I lost to it too, usually take gba and it’s a win, albeit annoying due to shaak. This time I got locked behind shaak and a tanky clone lt so I had to back out and accept the loss.
    It has gotten harder (I think?), but I guess it was my own fault for leaving clone leut as the last one when he’s the tankiest
  • Options
    Beat it no problem, just have to use wat. Tier 3 took a while cause shaak kept healing but I was never in danger.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Its not based in the TB. Most discussions I see are around using WAT as the 5th and the adjustments to weapons tech.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Wouldnt be a buff not a nerf?

Discussions in guild are around the weapons tech change, not a change to TB.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

There is definitely something not right. My Shaak Ti was taunting (and believe me I had ample time to observe it in the 30 minutes I was stuck in a loop).

Her second special seems to be treating her as a tank instead of support, and there are (anecdotal for now) reports of her preventing revives and gaining too much TM. It's almost as if her kit and Fives somehow got mashed together.

I have beaten this mission with Magnaguard and she was not this thicc, so while the nerf to the weapon tech certainly didn't help, there is no reason my G12-R7 team should take 30+ minutes to chew through her.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    BeralCator wrote: »

There is definitely something not right. My Shaak Ti was taunting (and believe me I had ample time to observe it in the 30 minutes I was stuck in a loop).

Her second special seems to be treating her as a tank instead of support, and there are (anecdotal for now) reports of her preventing revives and gaining too much TM. It's almost as if her kit and Fives somehow got mashed together.

I have beaten this mission with Magnaguard and she was not this thicc, so while the nerf to the weapon tech certainly didn't help, there is no reason my G12-R7 team should take 30+ minutes to chew through her.

I revived B2 multiple times. (Still failed the mission, and yes we reported this to the dev team)
  • Options
    BeralCator wrote: »

I revived B2 multiple times. (Still failed the mission, and yes we reported this to the dev team)

I revived B2 as well (hence the anecdotal comment as I didn't see it myself), but for me he was wiped out by a mass counter so it wasn't during a Clone Trooper turn. Even if Fives' ability was incorrectly present it wouldn't prevent this revive, so I can't disprove those other reports.

I am trying to get a screenshot of the taunt and tank messaging, but as I can't replay the mission I have to ask my guildmates for help. Since Shaak doesn't come up for everyone, and some of the people who do get her are getting blown away very quickly, this is proving a bit more challenging than I thought.

I would say though, that even if this is 100% because of the weapon tech, then the mission still needs to be retuned, as expecting people to tie up their phone for 40+ minutes to accumulate Droid stacks is not a very positive experience.
  • Options
    Its not a wat tambor nerf issue. Guildmates that never fail SM have lost. Fifth member or team was Alpha, or Magna or Wat. Those who completed it had to be lot of time till B1 had 300-400 stacks. It’s weird. And again a loss for players. Hope we won’t see that Super Shakira in stage 4
  • EckleMerasska27
    23 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Was this ridiculously hard for anyone else? P3 Shaak Ti seemed to be neverending! Many in my guild also noticed the same. Bug or buffed?
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    I am currently uploading a video to YouTube where I had 2 bugs in my run. Namely nute wasn't reducing cooldowns on his 2nd special, and wat stopped rezzing b2 battle droid out of the blue.

On top of that, the major problem is CG's castration of Wat Tambor, taking away defense ignore and not giving some kind of damage boost (such as 50% additional offense) is one of the most hurtful things they have done to this game.

Our guild had drastically increased failures when we were getting at least a 90% win rate on those that tried the mission before.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/ffPSFyGyy6g

Here is a video of part of my run where you can see wat being unable to revive b2 and nute unable to increase cooldowns.

Those are 2 bugs, but in the past I never had a problem because b1 could burn through the clones with the ignore offense part of the weapon tech. Now that there is no offense incentive, it becomes insane to burn through the clones and shaak.
  • Options
    Snap. Thought nothing of it until I saw this. My wat wasn't reviving at all - had 5 attempts. Just thought I'd missed a mechanic.
  • Options
    Its not based in the TB. Most discussions I see are around using WAT as the 5th and the adjustments to weapons tech.

This. I failed for first time. Wat wasn't reviving
  • Options
    Just lost for first time. No wat revives, on 4 or 5 attempts
  • Options
    Multiple reports in my guild as well of Shaak being near unbeatable compared to usual.
    Most who beat her did so by managing to stay alive until b1 got above 300 stacks at which point they could finally outrun shaaks constant heal and TM gain
  • Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    Most who beat her did so by managing to stay alive until b1 got above 300 stacks at which point they could finally outrun shaaks constant heal and TM gain

Precisely how we had the rest of our guild run in it after the initial chaos but had a large number right out the gate. 100% knew something was wrong as we hadnt seen a loss on this CM from any guild member in over at least 8 or 9 months.

Not confirmed however member apparently had
    encountered Shaak Ti in another CM with similar issues reported.
  • Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    I am currently uploading a video to YouTube where I had 2 bugs in my run. Namely nute wasn't reducing cooldowns on his 2nd special, and wat stopped rezzing b2 battle droid out of the blue..

We’re you able to upload and if so would you be willing to share the link? I saw how mine and my alts run went but wanted to see another view since you were able to catch all those bugs on there. I’d really appreciate it!
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Same with my guild. Most of us used to beat the SM and have done so for a long time. Lots of losses this time around.

Also Shaak Ti in the 3rd round of the bottom CM is crazy strong for phase 1.

What has happened??
    Post edited by AlexanderG on
  • Options
    Unusually high number of failures here also. Wave 3 Shaak Ti.

Maybe Conquest Shaak snuck into TB while CG were busy buffing Tuskens & Jawas. :D
  • Options
    Wat’s weapon tech had been adjusted last time DSTB ran, though I think the adjustment happened during phase 2, as I know I got Shaak Ti last TB and completed the special as easily as I normally do.

Shaak taunting and preventing revives in certain circumstances points to the adjustment to Wat’s tech not being the only causal factor here.
  • Options
    Skinless wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    I am currently uploading a video to YouTube where I had 2 bugs in my run. Namely nute wasn't reducing cooldowns on his 2nd special, and wat stopped rezzing b2 battle droid out of the blue..

We’re you able to upload and if so would you be willing to share the link? I saw how mine and my alts run went but wanted to see another view since you were able to catch all those bugs on there. I’d really appreciate it!

I shared the video directly after that comment.
  • Options
    I didn’t run wat. I got my backside handed to me by shaak in p3 and I have never previously failed this mission since the first time I completed it in the early days of the Tb. Something is up, as it wasn’t just losing it was a pasting.
    797-722-718
  • Options
    It also sounds like a lot of people in my new guild failed it that normally never fail it.
  • Options

So Kyno ... have you ever considered that not everyone is playing Wat Tambor on this mission? I usually play with Nute, B1, B2, Magna, DDK and I haven't lost this mission for over one year. Yesterday I was completely torn in 3/4 by Shaak Ti, just like many others in my guild.
  • Options
    Same issue, different guild
  • Options
    I still win, but it took me at least 15 mins in wave 3 alone.
  • Options
    Same problem