Why did you make the most iconic character of all of Star Wars so bad?

Bl4ckDe4th
169 posts Member
edited December 2021
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/251692/whos-the-most-iconic-star-wars-character/p1

Vader is obviously the most recognisable of Star Wars. Why is he so bad? Not only Lord Vader, but also Darth Vader. His culling blade sucks after the nerf, everybody knows it.

Lord Vader is the most expensive character we've had so far in SWGOH, why would you make him suck?! What's your problem with dark side characters CG? Please, ask the devs or whoever decides stuff @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
I lost to JML on auto. JML still does a pretty decent job vs both of the newest GLs. SEE sucks on auto and still has a hard time beating them with manual gameplay. That's just stupid!
SEE even has a high probability to lose against JML, if he's ability blocked and he neither has Wat's tank tech nor Traya is around. How was he launched as a Jedi counter?! On top of that Rey and Kylo (and probably more) can solo him!

Back to LV though. Nobody wants to wait four and a half minutes until stuff happens! He's supposed to be one of the strongest Jedi / Sith / force users in the prequel / original trilogy!
There's some serious balancing required!
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    They already got their money from you and many others. Their new shiney didn't have to be meta breaking because it had fanboy appeal. Also if you thought LV would beat his counterpart JMK who literally had the high ground you don't know Star Wars from a Nerf Herder.

Changing the crystal income from arena to GAC allows CG to pump the breaks of power creeping GLs as they've shown that they are only willing to curate balance so far as protecting GLs from peasant non GL counters. That means that whales will buy the newest GLs regardless of relative power, as Kyber 1/2 will eventually just come down to 'who has more GLs'.meta.

If you're not focused on being at the tip of the spear then just play the game casually and enjoy it. If you are trying to be at the tip of the spear, well, Carrie said it best.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • Options
    I'm sorry, you're upset because you can't auto GL vs GL battles?
  • Options
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/251692/whos-the-most-iconic-star-wars-character/p1

Vader is obviously the most recognisable of Star Wars. Why is he so bad? Not only Lord Vader, but also Darth Vader. His culling blade sucks after the nerf, everybody knows it.

Lord Vader is the most expensive character we've had so far in SWGOH, why would you make him suck?! What's your problem with dark side characters CG? Please, ask the devs or whoever decides stuff @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
    I lost to JML on auto. JML still does a pretty decent job vs both of the newest GLs. SEE sucks on auto and still has a hard time beating them with manual gameplay. That's just stupid!
    SEE even has a high probability to lose against JML, if he's ability blocked and he neither has Wat's tank tech nor Traya is around. How was he launched as a Jedi counter?! On top of that Rey and Kylo (and probably more) can solo him!

Back to LV though. Nobody wants to wait four and a half minutes until stuff happens! He's supposed to be one of the strongest Jedi / Sith / force users in the prequel / original trilogy!
    There's some serious balancing required!
    So the other thread had an ulterior motive. Imagine my surprise.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, you're upset because you can't auto GL vs GL battles?

No, of course not. I have never been part of the auto-button-faction. I have played most of my squad / fleet arena battles manually since I started (six years ago). But JMK can auto all the other GLs, can't he? LV was even more expensive. He should win against "lesser" GLs. He has a support specifically tailored towards him, exactly like JMK. None of the previous GLs have that. Doesn't need to be a clean win on auto, also not 100%, but sure as hell not close to 0%.

Kenobi beats the crap out of **** of Lord Vader in Ep. III, why it should be different here? :#
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Options
    MilHanso wrote: »
    Kenobi beats the crap out of **** of Lord Vader in Ep. III, why it should be different here? :#

True. And although I also argued using the story of the movies that has never been important for establishing, who is stronger in the game. Lord Vader is too expensive for what he offers, JML is too cheap for how strong he is.

So, next time you should think twice before spending loads on the new shiny toy they release that has absurd requirements. ;)
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Options
    Darth Vader is clearly the most iconic character. Not anakin in a dressing gown.
  • Options

Because he can’t fight, as we’ve seen in the OT. He won by forfeit versus an old guy and smacked around his son. Awesome.

• Options
    Saying Vader can’t fight (in canon) is one of the **** posts I’ve seen on this forum and that’s saying something!
  • Options
    Darth Vader is clearly the most iconic character. Not anakin in a dressing gown.
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Because he can’t fight, as we’ve seen in the OT. He won by forfeit versus an old guy and smacked around his son. Awesome.

Yeah, okay, I can agree with both of you. Still, Vader was harder to get than JMK and JML (who didn't fight at all, iirc) is too strong in comparison. I don't want to argue about how the game represents the strength of the characters in the movies all that much, we all know Mace Windu isn't nearly represented decently at all.
    I know, that there're many more JMK owners than there are LV owners and I could've chosen to go for JMK over LV as well. Despite that, they are not at all equally strong. Maybe the individual characters are comparable, but their respective leaderships are nowhere near close. And that's just wrong.

Completely agree that he is more expensive, so surely should be better. They let the cost creep continue, without a matching power creep. No iconic or lore reason involved. Harder to get should be better.

They were supposedly a pair, but staggered. Then they decided to include the latest top tier requirements in the later release. Just should not have been like that.

Given the performance of the two so far they should have had very similar requirements for sure.

The thing is that, at the moment a dark side toon is always more expensive in a way. That's because of the disparity in difficulty of the light side and dark side geonosis territory battles. When there is a list of relic requirements full of light side toons, I'm just looking at all the benefits to tb in the list. While the dark side tb just doesn't need all that help.

That's the reason my account has 2 jedi GLs and no dark side. When I was weighing up what to go for it just didn't make sense to go dark side. Just turned out to be lucky that JMK is so good.

Maybe some tougher dark side only thing will come along soon to balance this out.
  • Options
    I don't think Lord Vader is that ba- UNSHACKLED EMOTIONS IS LITERALLY DARTH VADER'S FORCE CRUSH ANIMATION WITH ONLY HIS HAND FACING DOWN INSTEAD OF UP.

Joke aside, as much as I don't like anecdotal complaints, LV is one of the rare cases of when these complaints are true to their nature. He is way too expensive for what he offers and he is very lackluster overall. He offers nothing that other Galactic Legends don't already give, but way better. His Ultimate is literally just a stat boost to himself followed by some empowerments to his Abilities that aren't even really worth any mention. His AoE undispellable Ability Block lasts for 1 turn on an Ability that has a 5 turn CD, same as his Ashes of the Republic duration, meaning you only make use of it once per Ultimate use. His Mastery increase is really slow and in no small part is it because "Underestimated" has a set cap they decided not to work around because they just had to tie it to his ultimate charge for some goddamn reason. Why not follow the Ability's Idea of increasing its power with consecutive uses by making it charge more % of his Ultimate with each subsequent use and remove the tie-in with Underestimated, allowing him much more freedom to balance around it.

Compare that to Jedi Master Kenobi, his ST special Ability also increases damage on subsequent uses, except its increase is more relevant, it has a 2 turn CD, a set Ultimate Charge amount and it has secondary effects that can also contribute to charging the ultimate without needing a hard cap that limits other parts of his kit in exchange for it.

Lord Vader was a cashbait for people to invest into, a rather chewed down bone for the endgame players and the top of the top whales who sit atop an 8M + GP. The way I see it, he as a galactic legend exists solely to make a difference between people who have 5 and people who have 6 Galactic Legends.
  • Options
    Completely agree that he is more expensive, so surely should be better. They let the cost creep continue, without a matching power creep. No iconic or lore reason involved. Harder to get should be better.
    Well said mate, well said.
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    Lord Vader was a cashbait for people to invest into, a rather chewed down bone for the endgame players and the top of the top whales who sit atop an 8M + GP. The way I see it, he as a galactic legend exists solely to make a difference between people who have 5 and people who have 6 Galactic Legends.
    Sounds about right.
    You also just made it obvious to me, how easy it is to compare both of them, especially their respective first specials. LVs is worse all over. Just made this: cz6cnz798c85.png

Of course this is rather one-sided, but it's absolutely obvious, that LV was made to be the worse of the two.

At least now we know why Buff Immunity and Healing Immunity aren’t locked for LV (like they obviously should be)… because SK is getting those debuffs and they WILL lock… how they failed with LV so bad is beyond me!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t even have his ult yet and I’m having the most fun I’ve had in a while with him and maul and rg and whoever
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Tom232
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Totally agree with your post Black Death!👍