What is the largest GP difference in the new format?

Prev13
John_Matrix1985
2276 posts Member
edited December 2022
I'll kick it off. I am 1.3M GP lower than my opponent.
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Replies

• Mixelplux
    67 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    While my first matchup is only 500k difference (I am lowest by far in my bracket), my max is almost 2m GP difference.. so yeah. Saying what I want to say right now would get me banned here. Whoever decided to cut off skill rating at 3810 needs to find a different role in game design. Cause game balance sure the hell isn't anything they know anything about.
  • Options
    Mine is 1.4m gp difference. I don't understand why they didn't use the seeded rankings that were already displayed in the game to make the matchups.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Mine is 1.4m gp difference. I don't understand why they didn't use the seeded rankings that were already displayed in the game to make the matchups.

It should be you are close in GP in the first round then you scale up or down based on your results.

I mean sure I have 6GL and 7* executor like my opponent but that extra 1.3M is better mods, pilots, better B/C teams etc. Tough to face that much difference
  • Options
    Wow I am luck I got only 100m in GP difference, altough it is a 2v4 GL matchup...good job not considering GL in skill rating cutoffs....horrible!
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

It should be you are close in GP in the first round then you scale up or down based on your results.

I mean sure I have 6GL and 7* executor like my opponent but that extra 1.3M is better mods, pilots, better B/C teams etc. Tough to face that much difference

It looks completely random. Goes from 7.5m to 9.4m here.
  • Options
    My opponent has about 100k difference, but he has 4 GLs and I have just 2.
  • Options
    I am 8m and my opponent 9m (No GL difference). Does not feel good at all
  • Options
    10K difference but he has 24 relics and I have 10
  • Options
    All 8 of the players in my bracket are extremely similar in GP. Within 15k of each other with over 5M in GP.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

Except for those at the top. The top Skill rating has a range of 7.5 mil GP up to 10+ mil GP. Everyone else below that should be fairly close in GP for the initial group.

Largest gap I've seen so far is 9.7 mil GP vs. 7.6 mil GP.
    Post edited by Vos_Landeck on
  • Options
    I'm in aurodium 1, so GPs are all similar, but the rosters not so much. I'm in the middle with 1 GL, there's 2 & 3 at the top and a couple without one at the bottom. The ones without GLs probably won't have a fun time
  • Options
    Kyber 1: biggest discrepancy in my bracket is 854k

Ranging from 4 GL, no Exec up to the 3 of us with 6 GL, 7* Exec
  • Options
    I'm in aurodium 1, so GPs are all similar, but the rosters not so much. I'm in the middle with 1 GL, there's 2 & 3 at the top and a couple without one at the bottom. The ones without GLs probably won't have a fun time

Welcome to the new ‘Galactic Legends Championship’
  • Options
    I’m just over 7.6 going against 9.5, just under 1.9m difference
  • Drathuk916
    639 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Range for my group is reasonable on gp 7.3-7.6. Not so reasonable on roster construction. Bottom is 2 gls 4* executor. Top is 5 gls 7* executor and qgj omicron. Everyone else is 3-4 gls with either no executor up to 7* executor. 1st and 8th are set in other words everyone else 2-7.
  • Options
    Decicrim wrote: »

Welcome to the new ‘Galactic Legends Championship’

It's been that way since the great nerf though, so I'm expecting that the top 2 will move up and the bottom 2 downwards after a few rounds
  • Options
    My opponent has 2.5M more GP than me.

https://swgoh.gg/p/867858915/
  • Options
    Chacaldor wrote: »

Don’t worry it is skill based
  • Options
    Chacaldor wrote: »

Don’t worry it is skill based

They straight up said there would be some bad matchups early. Calm down
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    My GP match up is fair. However…

They have R7 Vader, Luminara, and Jedi consular. Then a varied other few relics.

r829az9fsc80.png

I have 31 relics and a GL.

txuwjy7nf0t6.png
  • Options
    Gotta respect an R7 Jedi consular
  • Options
    Wasn’t there a post there saying the GP listing was locked during the skill rating determination a week ago? That would mean the players in the same bracket now indeed had similar GP back then. And the current big gp difference is a result of people doing last minute bloating during the course of the last week.
  • Options
    My 7.8 vs 10, so 2.2 mil gp diff.
  • Options
    Gee some big discrepancies in Kyber I

Almost as if they should have put the 9M+ players in their own division
  • Options
    Antario wrote: »
    Wasn’t there a post there saying the GP listing was locked during the skill rating determination a week ago? That would mean the players in the same bracket now indeed had similar GP back then. And the current big gp difference is a result of people doing last minute bloating during the course of the last week.

Not for the top of Kyber 1. The highest initial Skill Rating included everyone 7.5 mil GP and higher. The top GPs in the game are over 10.5 mil GP. That's a 3 mil GP range...so, no, players in Kyber 1 didn't necessarily have similar GPs back on Dec. 8th when they set the Skill Rating.
  • Options
    So the question becomes "when the range easily allowed several skill ratings, why did cg only assigned 2 for kyber 1?".
  • Options
    My group ranges from 7.6 million (me) to 10.4 million. Average is about 8.5 mil. 😭
  • Options
    My first round opponent has 2.3 mil more than me..... Good times
  • Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    My group ranges from 7.6 million (me) to 10.4 million. Average is about 8.5 mil. 😭

Don’t worry this was “seeded by GP”
  • Options
    What an absolute joke
This discussion has been closed.