CG please rework Mace and give him a taunt if he remains a tank

Denizen_Kain
92 posts Member
edited December 2021
Still waiting for a Mace Windu rework. How bad his character sucks in this game is a big disappointment. If he remains a tank, for the love of all, at least give the man a taunt lol
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    Please do the same with Savage Opress.
  • Options
    Gar saxon is a tank 😂
  • Options
    Mace should be a GL
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    TIL getting thrown out a window qualifies for GL status.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

What/who is TIL?
  • Options
    Richfxxx wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

What/who is TIL?
    Today I learned
  • Options
    With Mace's Vapaad I'd say he needs Marked instead of taunt and some sort of offensive increase while debuffed.
  • Options
    Tank does not mean taunter. Tank means can take hits, but not deal so much damage. Opposite of a glass cannon. You might want them to take his, but sometimes you need other things like stealthing other toons.

Does his character actually act like a tank? No. Should a Mace be a tank? I don't really think so, but not an expert on him.

But tank does not equal taunter.
  • Options
    Tank does not mean taunter. Tank means can take hits, but not deal so much damage. Opposite of a glass cannon. You might want them to take his, but sometimes you need other things like stealthing other toons.

Does his character actually act like a tank? No. Should a Mace be a tank? I don't really think so, but not an expert on him.

I don't agree with you. Just about every game I've ever played a tank can take hits yes, but they also have a mechanic such as a taunt to make the opposition hit them so they can absorb those hits instead of the more squishy team members. As is, there is nothing tankish about Mace Windu or his kit.

He plays more like an attacker, a poor one at that. Tbh, he probably should be an attacker though, being that he is supposed to be one of the best lightsaber fighters the jedi ever had. But as I said in the original post, if he remains a tank, at least give him a taunt.
  • Options

I don't agree with you. Just about every game I've ever played a tank can take hits yes, but they also have a mechanic such as a taunt to make the opposition hit them so they can absorb those hits instead of the more squishy team members. As is, there is nothing tankish about Mace Windu or his kit.

He plays more like an attacker, a poor one at that. Tbh, he probably should be an attacker though, being that he is supposed to be one of the best lightsaber fighters the jedi ever had. But as I said in the original post, if he remains a tank, at least give him a taunt.

While I don't fully disagree with you, I don't fully agree with you either. Tank characters, whatever game you might be thinking about, can generally be divided into 3 main categories: Main-Tank, Off-Tank, and Utility-Tank.
    • Main-Tanks are the type you're thinking of. They are the ones that Taunt, actively drawing enemy aggression towards themselves. Most Tanks fall into this category.
    • Off-Tanks don't actively draw enemy fire towards themselves. Instead they have mechanics that punish enemies for not focusing on them, thus drawing fire towards themselves passively. The best example of this archetype in SWGOH is the B2 Super Battle Droid, as he gains Turn Meter and reduces his cooldowns whenever his allies are damaged.
    • Utility-Tanks don't draw fire towards themselves, whether actively or passively. Instead they use all kinds of mechanics to increase their team's survival rate. Some also call them "Support Tanks" because of this. The best example of this archetype we currently have in SWGOH is Garazeb "Zeb" Orrelios. He never draws fire towards himself, yet any Phoenix team is quite a bit harder to take down while he's present.

Having said all that. Mace Windu is supposed to be an Off-Tank, with burst damage as his punishment gimmick. As in, take him down immediately or he will suddenly deal high damage to your team (I believe he was the first one with expose in the game, thou I'm not 100% sure about that). Of course, for several reasons, he completely fails at doing this. Which is why we all want a rework for him. As for me personally, I think Mace should become a Main-Tank. So I do actually agree with you that they should give him a Taunt, for 2 reasons:

First of which is that Mace actually has really good Resistance. I believe it's like the 4th or 5th highest in the game at Relic 0 (excluding GL's). He's also one of very few units who gains Resistance from their Mastery. So from relic 3 and onward he's got the highest Resistance among all non-GL's in the game, and the second highest in the game if we include GL's (only beaten by Jedi Master Luke). Seems like a waste not to use that.
    Second reason is that the Galactic Republic Jedi faction only has 1 decent Tank. Granted that Tank is General Kenobi, but still. The only other character from that faction that can draw fire towards himself, is Ki-Adi-Mundi. Who's an attacker that can switch between an aggressive and a defensive stance. Not a Tank. All the actual Tanks, excluding General Kenobi, seem to be Utility-Tanks. But all at them are very bad at keeping their team alive. They're just bad Utility-Tanks.

Considering Mace's high Resistance and high Special Offense, he has the potential to be an aggressive Main-Tank. So yeah, I do think he should gain a Taunt. But whatever Mace may become one day, or whatever opinion we may have, the point still stands that Tank does not mean Taunter. There are many other ways trough which the team can be protected.