Book of Boba S1E1 - SPOILER TALK

Prev1
Ultra
11506 posts Moderator
Talk about Jobber Fett in here

Will he finally be able to beat anyone 1v1 in the next episode or will he struggle against random goons again?

Stay tuned next week!
Gam Guards are the true heroes of the show

Replies

• Options
    For being a master assassin, she lacks... weapons. Like not even a pistol or a knife is worrying.
    The centaur thing was pretty cool, but I'm not sure how he got the chain off the rodian? Would have been cool if the centaur ripped of the Rodian's leg and Boba started swinging that around 😆
    Overall I liked it, I just hope it has better pacing than BB.
  • Options
    It's alright, started way slower than I would prefer.
    The only issue I have is are we going to have to see fett run to the bacta tank after every little scrap he gets into? He seemed kinda soft this episode
  • Paladin033112
    312 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I appreciated the back story of how he got out of sarlacc pit and became associated with the tuskens, but I agree with Ultra - the Gam guards seemed to kick more butt than he did. But maybe that was the point? To show how sparing lives and not ruling by fear pays off in the end??
    Either way, decent episode but hope he ramps it up a bit in the following episodes so he can actually earn the respect he wishes to rule by.
  • Options
    I loved the dreams/flashbacks, those were quite cool, but I agree that in the fight scene both Boba and Fennec seemed pretty, well, helpless. When the camera was focused on Boba during some of the shots, I would look at Fennec in the background just kinda rag-dolling after being stabbed over and over.
    All in all, I like the way Boba is trying to create his image, that he by himself is a dangerous yet honest man, unlike Jabba whose power and influence were dangerous, but not literally Jabba himself. Excited to see where it goes (with hopefully better fights at least from Fennec)
  • Options
    hated that it was only 38mins and the story seemed a bit rushed. But I'll give it a few more episodes.
    We better see more Tuskins inbound to round out a squad
  • LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    The guy was being digested, then he gets dragged across the desert, then he gets chained up without food and water. He is going to be soft after that during the Tusken fight but it doesnt make sense during the present day. Maybe they just wanted to show off the guards loyalty and Fennec?

PS, for everyone complaining, how would you get out of that shield circle they were stuck in? It is pretty much a death sentence. The Romans were masters at it.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    The guy was being digested, then he gets dragged across the desert, then he gets chained up without food and water. He is going to be soft after that during the Tusken fight but it doesnt make sense during the present day. Maybe they just wanted to show off the guards loyalty and Fennec?

PS, for everyone complaining, how would you get out of that shield circle they were stuck in? It is pretty much a death sentence. The Romans were masters at it.

He has a jetpack...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Lol, guess he forgot about it

Scene was to show off the guards anyway. Plot armor
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Magruffin wrote: »

Yeah, I'm more invested in present day than flashback, and I was hoping the flashbacks would end by the first episode

It seems a large segment of the episode was on the flashback

Hoping they wrap up flashbacks by the next episode and we focus more on his time as becoming a crime lord, and establishing his presence, since that seems to be more interesting to me
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Yeah, I'm more invested in present day than flashback, and I was hoping the flashbacks would end by the first episode

It seems a large segment of the episode was on the flashback

Hoping they wrap up flashbacks by the next episode and we focus more on his time as becoming a crime lord, and establishing his presence, since that seems to be more interesting to me

Agreed, though I think they kinda had to explain how he got out of the Sarlacc pit, at least a little bit, so I'm glad they did
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

He has a jetpack...

The jetpack being broken by Luke was the reason he ended up in the Sarlac in the first place.
  • Options
    I can't understand people who describe the starter episode as "too slow". I don't know what the mainstream audience expects nowadays but I've always enjoyed series that focus on actual story-telling. I really liked the style with the flashbacks and my only point of criticism would be that the episode could have rather been a full hour long. I'd love even a full episode only showing how Boba lives with the Tusken and learns about their culture, how to communicate with them and so on! B)
  • Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    I can't understand people who describe the starter episode as "too slow". I don't know what the mainstream audience expects nowadays but I've always enjoyed series that focus on actual story-telling. I really liked the style with the flashbacks and my only point of criticism would be that the episode could have rather been a full hour long. I'd love even a full episode only showing how Boba lives with the Tusken and learns about their culture, how to communicate with them and so on! B)

A show still has to prove that it has a story to tell, and it definitely has to hold its audience. It doesn’t matter how good your storytelling is if people are bored by the first ten minutes.

Overall though I think this episode shows promise. I’m hoping we get some flashbacks to Boba’s post-Clone Wars transformation and scenes during the height of his career. However I agree that they should spend more time exploring the present. I also found it very interesting that most of the shots from trailers were in episode 1. That allows for pretty much anything to happen next and I will be surprised.
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

He has a jetpack...

The jetpack being broken by Luke was the reason he ended up in the Sarlac in the first place.

This is present day, so I'm sure he has had some time to fix it. Especially after we've seen the launcher part of it being fixed in Mando.
  • Options

Flamethrower on the feet was my first thought, or after he shot a rocket at the shield, try the feet lol
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

He has a jetpack...

It was Han and not Luke.

1) It either was never fully broken and only had a short malfunction when Han hit it or Cobb Vanth fixed it after gathering the equipment from the Jawas
    2) After Boba took the equipment from Mando it was kinda the same situation again - either the jetpack only had a short malfunction when Mando hit it to send Cobb flying away from the Krayt dragon or Boba fixed it later.
    3) The stupid scenario: the jetpack was broken after Mando hit it during the Krayt raid and Boba never bothered to repair it.

Edit: Actually nermind on 3). He was flying towards S1 when Fennec told him to get to his ship after the RC was blown into pieces.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »

A show still has to prove that it has a story to tell, and it definitely has to hold its audience. It doesn’t matter how good your storytelling is if people are bored by the first ten minutes.

Overall though I think this episode shows promise. I’m hoping we get some flashbacks to Boba’s post-Clone Wars transformation and scenes during the height of his career. However I agree that they should spend more time exploring the present. I also found it very interesting that most of the shots from trailers were in episode 1. That allows for pretty much anything to happen next and I will be surprised.

In regard to the bolded part: I have to strictly disagree here. Some of the best quality stories ever written might nowadays be described as "boring" by a random average audience. That doesn't make those stories bad, it only means that not everyone has the patience and span of attention that it takes to enjoy them. It doesn't always need a big action scene or a deep mystery to solve to make a story captivating, that's only my personal opinion. I'm a huge fan of Joss Whedon's works for example, the way he developed characters and (side) story arcs over many seasons before revealing where it would all lead to.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I don't mind Boba jobbing to a surprise attack, it was clever in execution, and hopefully Boba adapts and learns ways to avoid such a surprise ambush in the future

This series is 8 years into the future of ROTJ, so i assume his jetpack is fixed, just weird he's the best bounty hunter that ever was and can't beat 4 guys in a circle
    The only issue I have is are we going to have to see fett run to the bacta tank after every little scrap he gets into? He seemed kinda soft this episode

Been chuckling about this

Imagine in the next episode he's walking and someone tries to punch him on the street and his immediate response is to run to the tank lol
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »

In regard to the bolded part: I have to strictly disagree here. Some of the best quality stories ever written might nowadays be described as "boring" by a random average audience. That doesn't make those stories bad, it only means that not everyone has the patience and span of attention that it takes to enjoy them. It doesn't always need a big action scene or a deep mystery to solve to make a story captivating, that's only my personal opinion. I'm a huge fan of Joss Whedon's works for example, the way he developed characters and (side) story arcs over many seasons before revealing where it would all lead to.

The problem comes when trying to secure an audience. Even if you blame the audience for not being patient enough to stick with a beautiful story, you won’t acquire enough of an audience to keep your story going. It is important to capture the attention of your audience, but I do see where you’re coming from. In regard to Boba Fett I feel like the show does grab our attention, and mainly just be having Boba Fett.
  • Options
    I think some of the debate about whether Boba was tough enough misses a lot of what the first episode’s about - the fights are probably the least significant parts (& least successful IMHO). I felt the episode owed a lot to A Man Called Horse & others of that ilk in that it was all about cleansing, ordeal & renewal (with the Sarlacc pit being a pretty obvious and savage womb for BF’s rebirth). The brief scene with young Boba & Jango’s helmet was key too - it was a neat reminder of his disconnection from anything like family or heritage. perhaps the Book of Boba Fett is less about killing people than it is about finding your connections with them - even if they are honking goggle eyed sacks of rags
  • Options
    Tuskins not hiding their numbers, Fett wants respect and not going bounty to bounty!?

Must be a time ago, in a galaxy… right there.
  • Options
    Huh. I thought you guys meant why he didn’t use the jetpack to get away from the sarlac. My bad.
  • Options
    If mando can have the child in his pod, can we get a Bacta tank in the game that he goes into to regenerate like GAS
  • Options
    Weak episode not impressed. Poor dialogue + 5 minutes of watching him dig through the sand is a bad combo.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    If mando can have the child in his pod, can we get a Bacta tank in the game that he goes into to regenerate like GAS

Conquest Boba is stunned while enemy units have defense up
  • Magruffin
    787 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I know this is speculation but given how hard cg is pushing fennic, we had tuskin chase a few days ago...one may want to beef up/farm gamorean guard based on this episode. I could easily see them being a prereq for a BoBF event
  • Options
    I liked how they distinguished this tribe of tuskens from other tribes by having them wear black clothes (though wouldn't that make them hotter?). It's a little odd that the women and children all shared the same mask, but again it could be regional differences. I'd like to see these guys represented in-game by the end of the season.
    Overall it wasn't as strong an opening as Mando S1 or 2, but it's a different angle to an opening. Hopefully it gets stronger footing. The theme is a little disappointing too... Just dums and hums? Go a little Nier and have a made up language, this is Star Wars
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    The theme song is a homage to Mattis & Borka.

The greatest robber chieftains in... well Astrid Lindgren's world.

It's brings as much nostalgia as Boba Fett does, and I found it very appropriate.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Talk about Jobber Fett in here

Will he finally be able to beat anyone 1v1 in the next episode or will he struggle against random goons again?

Stay tuned next week!
    Gam Guards are the true heroes of the show

Rework on the spoiler confirmed?

Also if Bob performs that poorly in game then I'll have to join the conquest sucks bandwagon!

• Options
    I miss the old tusken raiders, who just wanted to use podracers for shooting practice, walk in a single file and ambush any blue eyed teenager they could find, rather than having them be some kind of honorable nomads who are simply misunderstood.

I HATE THEM!