Book of Boba Fett: S1:E3 SPOILER CHAT

Prev1
Let's chat about Ep3.

Not sure how I feel about this one.
The scooter gang was cool (even thought that "car chase" was a bit campy). Krrsantan was fun to watch. I already felt bad for the Rancor when it was being brought into the pit and the was BEFORE Danny Trejo (always good to see him make an appearance) filled us in on Rancor characteristics.

But, Boba also seems like a bit of a naive leader, especially given I've always thought of him as calculated and tactical. Also, why even bother with being the ruler of Mos Espa? Couldn't he make a better/easier living elsewhere? Hoping to see more of the reasons and motivations for his actions in the coming episodes.

Replies

  • Wow this episode hits hard.
    Hello Danny Trejo, cyberpunks, and BK battle!
    Stoked to see more of the current timeline this epsiode; and its setting up a bigger bad (Qira maybe?)
    Even the bacta flashback arc is setting an amazing flashback revenge sequence for next ep.
    If I could name this episode it would be "How to train your Rancour" lol
  • it was a garbage episode that shows Robert Rodriguez is not good star wars director. those woke vespas were complete garbage that shouldnt be in star wars. wookies that dont speak wookie. overall a sloppy mess that didnt help story at all.

    the lemmings got the rancor. ya it was cool but took 0 effort and is the only fanfare type stuff that keeps this out of complete cringeworthy status. ep 2 director is so much better director. makes story feel like fragmented mess worse than the mandaorian. disney needs to step their game up big time
  • Ultra
    9384 posts Moderator
    haven't seen yet but feel free to discuss
  • I struggled to contain my laughter watching this one. From the space punks who really doesnt belong in Star Wars let alone Tatooine, a place filled with real criminals and murderers (Luke almost got killed the first time he set his foot into a bar, and he was as inconspicuous as one gets) with their space vespas, the laughable "assassination attempt" by Black Krrsantan which alongside the one in episode 1 makes me wonder if assassination means something else in Star Wars, and the 30 km/h (thats 48 mph for you jankies) chase scene was just too much.
  • That "chase" was the worst. everything else I enjoyed. Rodriguez needs to stay away from any more episodes, tbh.
  • WoolHerobrine79
    20 posts Member
    edited January 12
    So, today we have seen:

    Boba recruits a motorcycle gang.
    Boba attempts to learn how to ride a rancor.
    The mayor was kidnapped by the Pykes.

    I'm not sure I like where this is headed.
    Episode 2 was a lot better.
  • Yeah. The vespa chase felt like slow motion and the vespas where so out of place on tatooine.
    Other than that, cool episode. Main story finally started going somewhere.
  • I agree. Some nice fan candy here and there but the weakest episode by far. The street gang felt so out of place.
  • Also, It's hard to waste Stephen Root but they did here.
  • I don’t know- we’ve already got Matt Berry as Boba’s major domo, Bollo in Wookiee gladiator costume and now space mods… it’s more like the Boosh of Boba. And…

    …I like it. I’m looking forward to the Twins crimping to Future Sailors next episode
  • HokieFiend wrote: »
    Also, It's hard to waste Stephen Root but they did here.

    I assume he'll soon be back and in greater numbers.
  • Who else fees boba fett seem completely out of character. He was the most feared bounty hunter and now civilians are calling him out. He was once a tactician and a strategist and now can’t even put a plan together. He’s now a weak leader as how can a big black Wookiee especially krrranston break into bobas chambers. Also how comes boba non stop taking his helmet off, every opportunity he takes it off, boba is a million times better as a character with his helmet on.

    They need to sort this show out because the budget seems extremely low and how can mandatories which was based on the blueprint of bobas character be better than the original
  • What brings the cyberpunk moto gang to this god forsaken desert land?
    Nevermind, they are criminals, everythings can happen.
  • Second episode that Robert Rodriguez has put a Spy Kids stamp on. The hipster moped gang is just bad in every aspect. The rest was fairly good. But the camp and 90s TV quality action need to be removed permanently. The Mandalorian was so much cooler in every aspect. Major parts of this show just feel cheap and poorly done.
  • I mean, what do we expect from the guy who did this?

  • Nihion
    3311 posts Member
    I’m enjoying the show so far, but I agree that they need to sort some things out. First things first: This does not feel like Boba Fett. It feels like Temuera Morrison acting really well, but not Boba Fett. Each episode feels like a half-baked idea that doesn’t meld with any of the other episodes. Aside from the cyberpunk bikers, the acting and cool concepts are carrying the show.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    I’m enjoying the show so far, but I agree that they need to sort some things out. First things first: This does not feel like Boba Fett. It feels like Temuera Morrison acting really well, but not Boba Fett. Each episode feels like a half-baked idea that doesn’t meld with any of the other episodes. Aside from the cyberpunk bikers, the acting and cool concepts are carrying the show.

    I’m not as sold on the acting. I like the actors, but their line delivery has been very stilted in every episode. Almost as if they can’t bring themselves to say the crap lines they’re being fed. Ming Na and Temuera both seem disinterested.
  • Nihion
    3311 posts Member
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    I’m enjoying the show so far, but I agree that they need to sort some things out. First things first: This does not feel like Boba Fett. It feels like Temuera Morrison acting really well, but not Boba Fett. Each episode feels like a half-baked idea that doesn’t meld with any of the other episodes. Aside from the cyberpunk bikers, the acting and cool concepts are carrying the show.

    I’m not as sold on the acting. I like the actors, but their line delivery has been very stilted in every episode. Almost as if they can’t bring themselves to say the crap lines they’re being fed. Ming Na and Temuera both seem disinterested.

    I get where you’re coming from with Ming Na, I feel like the near boredom is part of Temuera’s character, but I could be wrong. The side characters are selling it in my opinion.
  • I can say this, I didn’t think the episode was bad, however I do have a few things that I bother me, such as, how did Krrsantan even get in undetected? Or that the weird cyborg bikers don’t seem like they really fit in with the setting of tatooine, they seem like they wouldn’t look so out of place in a more mechanical environment, as opposed to a backwater desert planet teeming with gruff-looking criminals and crime syndicates. I also agree that Boba Fett does seem to come off as rather naive for a man that had been bounty hunting since he was a child, and was one of, if not the most feared bounty hunter of his time for his ruthless efficiency when it came to getting a job done.

    I did like the little callback to the night sisters riding rancors into battle though, because I was personally under the impression that the night sisters were this highly mysterious group that most people wouldn’t even know existed.

    Overall, I agree that while this episode does set up some promising events for the future, as far as it goes by itself, I think there is enjoyment to be had from it, however, to me it seems like the weakest episode thus far.
  • Calling that Krrsantan comes back and helps save Boba from the Rancor
  • HKFactory wrote: »
    I can say this, I didn’t think the episode was bad, however I do have a few things that I bother me, such as, how did Krrsantan even get in undetected? Or that the weird cyborg bikers don’t seem like they really fit in with the setting of tatooine, they seem like they wouldn’t look so out of place in a more mechanical environment, as opposed to a backwater desert planet teeming with gruff-looking criminals and crime syndicates. I also agree that Boba Fett does seem to come off as rather naive for a man that had been bounty hunting since he was a child, and was one of, if not the most feared bounty hunter of his time for his ruthless efficiency when it came to getting a job done.

    I did like the little callback to the night sisters riding rancors into battle though, because I was personally under the impression that the night sisters were this highly mysterious group that most people wouldn’t even know existed.

    Overall, I agree that while this episode does set up some promising events for the future, as far as it goes by itself, I think there is enjoyment to be had from it, however, to me it seems like the weakest episode thus far.

    I really liked the Nightsisters reference too. That's all Filoni right there. I really like how he incorporates more off the beaten path SW lore into these series.

    Isn't it going to be cool as hell when we get live action Nightsisters in one of these series at some point?

  • The biker kids looked more like they would hang out on Coruscant as rich kids wanting to be “dangerous” and rebel against their parents expectations, before they grow up and join the senate or starts going on diplomatic negotiations.
  • Could do without the Back to the Future chase and the Alita: Battle Angel kids. So are we to assume the Tusken Warrior is dead?
    Forget the gear crunch, why can't we sim the Sith raid yet?
  • Tintguy
    60 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Nihion wrote: »
    I’m enjoying the show so far, but I agree that they need to sort some things out. First things first: This does not feel like Boba Fett. It feels like Temuera Morrison acting really well, but not Boba Fett. Each episode feels like a half-baked idea that doesn’t meld with any of the other episodes. Aside from the cyberpunk bikers, the acting and cool concepts are carrying the show.

    Almost as if it's hard to build a show around a background character

    Sometimes more isn't better
  • Tintguy wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    I’m enjoying the show so far, but I agree that they need to sort some things out. First things first: This does not feel like Boba Fett. It feels like Temuera Morrison acting really well, but not Boba Fett. Each episode feels like a half-baked idea that doesn’t meld with any of the other episodes. Aside from the cyberpunk bikers, the acting and cool concepts are carrying the show.

    Almost as if it's hard to build a show around a background character

    Sometimes more isn't better

    As long as the writing is good, more definitely is better... particularly with SW. Part of the magic of SW is the endless possibilities with even fringe characters.... to me at least. When I saw ESB in the theater I immediately wanted to know more about Fett and that lizard looking bounty hunter looking down and scoffing at the Imperial officers.

    With all the new content coming out it's like being a kid in a candy shop for SW fans. I'm not going to crucify them for a blip or two. We are still only 3 episodes in to this one.

    I do think they need a couple more Filoni's that they can count on for creating these shows.

  • It's not doing much to really keep me invested.
    How on earth did BK get past all those guards?? I get Boba got surprised, but he would be dead without his back up.
    I was really hoping to see a rocket open up the mayor's door or stopping the guys car. He needs to start showing his past a little, like in Clone Wars having Vader slip out of Anakin. Just a little show of force to gain some respect which he clearly needs.
  • I was pretty upset that they already killed off the tuskens. Vespa’s we’re certainly weird, and the Hutt’s already giving up seemed a bit out of character.
    Still a neat Star Wars story though, and still entertaining at best.
  • The hutts will be back once the pykes have been dealt with. BK will return probably to help boba deal with the pykes or hutts. I'm very curious to see boba ride a rancor though. I'm sure the tusken warrior managed to survive the slaughter of her tribe and will likely join up with boba again at some point. There's potential for some intense fights later (as long as they keep the scooter gang out of any more chase scenes)
  • Boba riding the rancor into town would certainly out-do the twins being carried about & enhance his reputation.
Sign In or Register to comment.