Thoughts from a returning player

Nothingface
651 posts Member
edited January 2022
I would like to start off saying that I enjoyed this game for a long time. I spent more money than I would like to admit but largely left due to time restrictions starting a new career.
I logged in to play for the first time in about a year to see if any new content was available and it's unbelievable how much of a chore the game feels like. So much simming, pointless tiers to auto through, pop up ads to click past, and clicking through multiple screens just to do a simple task.
A few QoL thoughts:
1. Get rid of old content and move rewards to newer content. This is the single biggest suggestion I can make. There are many arguments against doing this but I am confident there can also be creative solutions.
2. Get rid of pop ups. They are extremely annoying and make the game feel like a cash grab.
3. Brighten up the color schemes. Why does the game feel drab?
4. Respect players time. Why make a marquee event with 7 tiers that can be just as meaningful in 3? Why make players click around for 30 minutes just to daily activities that are simmable ? I understand new players may still be working through them but this shouldn't come at the expense of veteran players.

Cheers
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    2. Get rid of pop ups. They are extremely annoying and make the game feel like a cash grab.

Dude if you don’t think this game is a cash grab I got news for you.
  • Options
    The last time CG "listened to feedback" they ruined Conquest completely. Clearly the message is stop giving them advice.
  • Options
    My advice, probably better to move on and not come back. They will never respect our time. Proof. Gac, lstb and conquest. People have to play for several hours a day. It is cgs money making tactic. More you play, the more likely you will spend money and consider it a hobby. I certainly don't disagree with your post but cg isn't in this business because they like their players. They want money.
  • LordDirt
    5126 posts Member
    Options
    This is a free Star Wars character collecting game. They want you to play all day and get frustrated by not having everyone and everything and pay your way to get all of it quickly. It is what it is at this point.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    This game has two alternating phases. Way too much to do, and absolutely nothing in to do.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Raid shadow legend anyone ?
  • Options
    As a fellow returning player, returning from over 2 years out my experience is very different. I’m back in love with the game & really appreciate how much has been added.

I do agree with point 2 though. Pop up ads was one of the reasons for me quitting raid shadow legends, so I’m disappointed to come back to swgoh to find them here too. Devs don’t need pop ups, I’ll spend money anyway, if anything pop ups make me spend less as they put my back up.
  • Options
    If I recall correctly Ultra mentioned a bumsweat guild suggested pop ups might be a good idea way back when they were asking the community for qol suggestions and I said “no way”. Doja was like “feel free to share your ideas!”. :neutral: I didn’t and just wanted to register that pop ups would suck - and guess what? THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Dude if you don’t think this game is a cash grab I got news for you.

I'm okay with it being a cash grab but would rather not have it in my face every 2 seconds. I prefer the old fashioned spending based on frustration.
  • Options
    Pop ups would be fine if what they were selling was actually worth buying. Swgoh probably has the worst deals I’ve ever seen. A small child with hardly any intellect would know to not buy any of the packs due to bad deals.
  • Options
    Maybe they could have a certain mercy rule. Like, if you haven't spent a penny in the past 5 yeary, then some popups probay won't change much...
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe they could have a certain mercy rule. Like, if you haven't spent a penny in the past 5 yeary, then some popups probay won't change much...

Well, if you haven't spent anything, why should they invest any cent of working time for you? You already cost them server capacity and resources. With Pop-Ups there is a chance that you spent or quit. Both will help them making more money out of the game.
  • Options
    zatho wrote: »

Well, if you haven't spent anything, why should they invest any cent of working time for you? You already cost them server capacity and resources. With Pop-Ups there is a chance that you spent or quit. Both will help them making more money out of the game.

F2P are very useful for them. If there was no F2P, there would be no point in spending for the whales - as they pay to get an advantage. But if there's noone to get an advantage over, then no point in spending.

And no, there is 0 chance I would ever give CG money, so pop-ups are completely pointless.

• Options
    Hm.. finally CG don't cares about their customers or their ideas. Simply a money company.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I'm okay with it being a cash grab but would rather not have it in my face every 2 seconds. I prefer the old fashioned spending based on frustration.

CG Employee of the year:
    why-not-both-por-que-no-los-dos.gif
  • Options
    Dash Rendar's marquee was good...made me buy the pack for 30 extra shards...sometimes you have got to reward effort...
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options

F2P are very useful for them. If there was no F2P, there would be no point in spending for the whales - as they pay to get an advantage. But if there's noone to get an advantage over, then no point in spending.

And no, there is 0 chance I would ever give CG money, so pop-ups are completely pointless.

This absolutely isn't true. Not once have a made a purchase thinking about other people being ftp. I must have this simply because ftp can not! Bwahahahaha.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Whaleathon wrote: »
    Pop ups would be fine if what they were selling was actually worth buying. Swgoh probably has the worst deals I’ve ever seen. A small child with hardly any intellect would know to not buy any of the packs due to bad deals.

The pack themselves are fine ... Just not sure why they are so into RNG. Why can't CG give the packs with actual numbers and not gambling
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    w9tnjh5msxng.jpg

Classic example. I brought this a while back and got 15/15. I was so **** that I am never buying it again.

Get rid of your fine prints and RNG. Sell actual things and not some gambling mechanic !!!
  • Options
    People have to play for several hours a day.
    This is the most confirmational-biased statement I have encountered today.

You have no evidence that suggests the average player or even top players spend more than an hour a day.

Dailies are all simmed = 3-10 minutes
    GAC defense = 5-30 minutes
    GAC offense = 30
    Conquest is up to you.

Either way you are severely exaggerating.

I bet more of us spend more time effing about the game on Discord than playing it.
  • Options
    People have to play for several hours a day.
    This is the most confirmational-biased statement I have encountered today.

You have no evidence that suggests the average player or even top players spend more than an hour a day.

Dailies are all simmed = 3-10 minutes
    GAC defense = 5-30 minutes
    GAC offense = 30
    Conquest is up to you.

Either way you are severely exaggerating.

I bet more of us spend more time effing about the game on Discord than playing it.

Plus the non-simmable events, plus checking everything in the shop 4 times a day, plus conquest which also requires some thinking, plus tw, plus tb...
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »

This absolutely isn't true. Not once have a made a purchase thinking about other people being ftp. I must have this simply because ftp can not! Bwahahahaha.

If you bought anything to advance in arena (meta toons-gear-requirements, conquest battlepass, char/ship packs, gear/mat calendars..) , you certainly did buy things to gain advantage over others (=ftp).
    Wether you realized this, that you are paying to win (compensating lack of skills), is irrelevant.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    f2p = free 2 pay

The game costs $0 to download therefore everyone who downloads it is F2P because they are free to pay for whatever they want.

;)
  • Options
    Here's a neat trick: if you buy whatever the pop up ad stuff is, the pop up goes away! No more hyperdrive bundle icon for this genius B) feel free to try this out.
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »

If you bought anything to advance in arena (meta toons-gear-requirements, conquest battlepass, char/ship packs, gear/mat calendars..) , you certainly did buy things to gain advantage over others (=ftp).
    Wether you realized this, that you are paying to win (compensating lack of skills), is irrelevant.

I buy to have and because I can. I have never cared about wins and losses. That involves mods and I hate mods.
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options
    Looooki wrote: »
    w9tnjh5msxng.jpg

Classic example. I brought this a while back and got 15/15. I was so **** that I am never buying it again.

Get rid of your fine prints and RNG. Sell actual things and not some gambling mechanic !!!

They sell plenty of stuff that is as advertised. I agree that these packs are trash and probably shouldn't be sold, but if people didn't buy them they wouldn't sell them. Same way Vegas wouldn't exist if people didn't gamble.

Asking someone to not sell something that is legal is just crazy. Let's make all stores stop selling liquor because people drink to much or cigarettes because they cause cancer.

Stop getting your car washed before trying to sell it for more than it's worth to some other person. We all try to make money. They are just better at it because they have something we care about.